Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Hi ladies...I came in this morning and *thought* I posted! Sorry!

Hope you are all having a good evening!

Wow Tracy, I didn't get THAT forgetful til I was closer to 50!! LOL

I know exactly what you mean, I think I am coming and going so much I am likely to run into myself one of these days!!!

You IS forgiven for not telling us good morning! LOL

You have kids home from school, we are lucky you can put sentences together!!

Hey ya'll

I am so tired i can't stand myself

Tracy - love your new pic... you are so cute

I have not pooped in 3 days, i'm a mess

going to take some drugs and hit the sack

night

Making some Cookies today, and doing some prep work----got all my fudge done yesterday.

I did 3 batches of chocolate with pecans, one chocolate with toffee and pecans, a batch of layered chocolate and Peanut Butter, one plain peanut butter, and some white chocolate with pecans. Then I did a batch of white chocolate, and added chopped dried cherries, and chopped pistachio nuts, and poured it out real thin, made more of a candy bark with it. Thought Rick was going to make himself sick with it last night!!! LOL I watched a guy on the food network, do the combination, and thought WTH, I'll try it. Now I am going to have to make some more and give away as gifts! Think I will do the pour it thin with some of the chocolate/toffee kind and the white with cherries and pistachios, and give that to my neighbors. On TV they didn't cut it in squares, they did rugged kind of triangles, just broke it up---sounds like a plan to me!

My lunch date today fell through......so I am at loose ends!

Suzanne--I was going to call you yesterday, just cuz---and I do not have a #. I have your address but no #. Makes it really hard to call you!!!

It is supposed to begin spitting snow here in a bit, lightly then heavier through the night. We might actually have a white Christmas. It is always hit or miss! In actuality it will more than likely be a gray slushy Christmas, if it snows now, it will be yucky and not pretty anymore by Christmas!!

Hope you feel better soon Jenn!!!

Suzzane- I laughed so hard with your Help Wanted ad...but isn't the TRUTH

Friday- we went to an outrageous Christmas Party... and it was easy to watch what went into my mouth... I thought that we could not drink ...being banded... so as long as there was no ice cream I wAS OK.

I have been MIA

Saturday night we had left early in the day, due to the storm out to the Island... ugh...long drive ..but the holiday season..and expected to leave early before the snow hits...

get there ok....

go out for a few hours.. leave DS with his friends and then

ice pellits....so we call the DS and run home

drove home at 20 mph most.. toook us five hours to get home

the roads were closed and it was so unreal

me... I wanted to find a hotel...dh..lets go

well, thank god we were not in an accident or whatever

I completed so much crocheting and used the visor mirror light to work

I swear, we are sitting there in traffic and snow and then someone bangs on the front window.. my scream could have been heard in Texas.. it was a fireman

it seems that the firetrucks I had heard for over 20 minutes were being used to get the stuck cars on the highway moving

AND thank god we have an Explorer ... we are crawling along the highway and then a car in going on the shoulder speeding...it was so horrible

ON A HAPPY NOTE... I LOST ANOTHER 10 LBS WITHOUT EXERCISING.....presently..trying to catch up from studying so or worrying so...DS, crazy kid..made a song about me not knowing what to do...with oneself..since I do not have to study anymore..........so now..I have to read all the IRS CIRCULARS....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I forgot to tell you all,,,,I am cleaning up my mailboxes

and I received this

it will definitely cheer everyone up

I hope all of you enjoy the attached> Merry Christmas

http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/preview/flash/pdShell.swf?ihost=http://ak.imgag.com/imgag&brandldrPath=/product/full/el/&cardNum=/product/full/ap/3173936/graphic1

Edited by jollygreen1955

Jolly-way to go on the -10 That is awesome!!

Kat-so much fudge!! I made one batch today and I can hear it in the kitchen screaming my name! lol

Jenn-I am glad that your party went good. Wish I would have been there! I was there in spirit.

Would you all believe that I started this post an hour and a half ago? I went to the kitchen to get a paper towel and ended up getting may and her friend settled in to paint pictures, then unloaded the dishwasher, washed some sheets and some dishes. Then when I sat down I realized I forgot to get the paper towel (the reason I got up to begin with). So .... see Kat, the memory thing...it is setting in early for me. lol

My neighbor that wants me to keep her kids if she gets her job just came over to borrow my phone because the place called her to make her an offer. I hope I am not bitig off more than I can chew. I know I can hande the 2 month old, it is the girl that just turned 3 that scares me. She is VERY VERY ummm...uh, headstrong and Smarty Pants, and downright mean at times. When I am singing with macy, she says over and over, "hey, stop singing, hey, stop singing". Her standard answer for everything is NO...even though you know she means yes. We'll see how it goes. I will let you know if she gets the job.

So...I saw a picture of myself yesterday and it made me sad. I won't say any more about that. I know what I need to do....it still hurts though.

How long & how do I defrost a 23 pound turkey?

I will touch base later....

Good Morning all

Kat... mmmmmmmmmmm fudge. I would eat it all!

Laura -10lbs! how the heck did you do that?

Tracy - put the turkey in the sink and fill it with room temp Water.

ok well off to work, so glad i'm off tomorrow... sucks i don't get paid... but ... oh well, i'm exhausted... mentally and physially

xoxoxoxo

ho ho ho

Good morning girls.

Quick post before I have to head to work.

Tracy, Maybe with the little girl, this will be a chance to teach her right and wrong. A chance to instill some manners in her. Good Luck.

Kat, thanks for thinking of me. The last few days have been rough for me. It's like this every year but with losing so many loved ones right at Christmas time it's hard to get out of a funk. I'm getting better at it though.

Jolly, WOW. Glad you guys got home ok.

Raining today and will be raining for the next 2 days. They are calling for snow on Christmas day. That will be nice.

My new goal for right after Christmas is to get back to walking. I went for a walk with doggie yesterday and realized I hadn't walked in weeks. I could really tell it.

Everyone have a great day and I will check in soon.

Wow, I haven't posted in a while...but even if I don't post, I do check-in on y'all. Yesterday was the last day of school before the holidays. I swear, only two parishes in the whole state had school this week and I work in one of them!:tongue:

I am a complete standstill with my weightloss, and I know it is because I need to exercise. So, I am going to join the anytime fitness here in town. Do any of y'all have any experience with them?

I hope we all make it through this holiday without gaining, or if we do, without piling the guilt on because of it. Just this once, I want us to give ourselves a break. That is my little prayer for us.

Oh, and Jennifur, omg, I dont' go well at all anymore. I use Miralax every other week. If you find something you can take regularly that works, let me know.

If I don't check back in, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

Cindy, Hubby and I have a memebership to Anytime Fitness. We are pretty happy with it. The "Y" wanted $87.50 for us both. Anytime is only charging us $38.00 for us both. Huge difference especially when I can only go maybe once a week.

Suzie, I agree I need to start walking again too. And I have my eliptic-HELL I need to use as well!

My Dad is 76 years old, and he walks 5-6 miles 6 days a week. Has for years. He walks in the hills, he has one hill he goes up that the incline is killer! He changes routes and adjusts it for the weather---and since he has gotten older he does cancel if the weather is real snowy or cold. But he walks faithfully! Just think if he walked 25 days out of the month, and went 5 miles each of those days he puts in 125 miles a month!

Once about 15 years ago, he was walking and hit a rock wrong, and fell, breaking his leg! He laid there for awhile, wondering what he was going to do, and said he heard a voice telling him "God helps those who help themselves" so he started crawling, til he found a stick to help him hop. He was so late, Mom had called me, and we were rounding up the troops to go find him, when he was seen crawling, and they got him help!

Another time he slipped on the ice, and knocked himself out, by the time he come to, he was soaked all the way through his clothes, and had apparantly laid there awhile. By this time he was carrying a cell phone, so he called my Mom, and she drove near as she could to him and got him.

I am scared of stuff like that, as well as the fact he has run head on into skunks, and a badger. He has come across guys setting fire to a car they stole....lots of things! So I stick to the city streets!!

I am a street walker!!! LOL

Going to have Rick go to town with me tonight or tomorrow to buy a gift for a girl I want something for, but it is all I have left to do, and it was a last minute decision. Today I think I will bake some Cookies.< /strong>

Jenn--the fudge I do is soooooo easy, 5 ingredients, less than 5 minutes, and it is DONE!!! The simplicity is why I tend to get creative with it! LOL

I am making some for my folks New Years Party---Mom bought the stuff, and I will do it for her, after Christmas.

Rick is leaving at 3 AM on Sunday the 27th. He has to be in Odessa by a certain time to meet the guy to get the schedule for the next days work. Normally it would not take anywhere near that long, but the trucks they are taking are equipped with black boxes that report them for any speeds over 60. So even when the speed limit is 75 mph, he can only go 60. Tell me that is safe??? He is a traffic hazzard!

He will be gone for 2 weeks. I usually try to find some project he is not looking forward to and do it while he is gone......thinking this time I might paint the bedroom....again! Not only does it make him happy when he gets back, it gives me something to occupy my time with. The extra bedroom could use painting too.......unsure of a color for in there tho.

Well, time to change the laundry, and make some cookies. Almost called for help today---I fell into a tub of fudge and could not stop myself!

I lost the weight by eating small portions and allowing only proteins...yesterday I was STARVED because I ate a silly pretzel. I also drink Soups for my snack and do eat alot of yogart.

I did eat two days ago a chocolate chip cookie that I made for my son... I have fresh baked blueberry muffins in the fridge and only have eaten half of one....mine is healthy... it is for the husband,

My weakness is nuts :):scared2:

:lol::lol::):sneaky:I know what you are thinking:lol::lol::lol:

love of my life is ..........:cursing:CASHEWS:cursing:

yes:tt1::tt1::tt1::tt1:cashews:tt1::tt1::tt1:

okay...I wanted to go to a store an try on a clothes item, but the stores are so crowded..so I am finishing an afgan for a special couple for New Years

I have procrastinating an first thing tommorrow..dear son off from school and do not have to get up... I wlll be moving my boodie............I want to get down to a size 18 by valentines day,,for me..that is the day that I had myself banded before the cancer scare and got off the routine :)

I do not allow my husband to Celebrate Valentines Day with me...yes, I am a valentines scrooge... I want to be treated fabulously all the time and it has worked

Now.. I must truly be nuts.. guess who is hosting teenagers at our home for New Years and they are sleeping over for a night or two

Told the son, if you have a plan then I will say ok and the kid came up with one. I have a really small living room.. so we will have a real problem and told our dear son that he has to find a way to house these guests..........

guess how many kids.......between 15 and 20

the kids are from all over the country.. I will be part of their reunion

Dear God..give me strength

And the music they play...give me strength

I was so surprised when I mentioned to the son

WOuld you like to have New Years here

and he said YES....... OMG

I take it as a compliment:w00t::w00t:

If anyone has ideas how to feed a herd:lol::lol: you can post me privately or on the boards

Edited by jollygreen1955

Good Christmas Eve morning.

I had a wonderful nights sleep and woke up to light rain and temps falling quickly. Hubby had brought in firewood and started the fireplace when I came out.

Not much on my agenda for today. I have a lot of shows and movies to get caught up with on my TiVo. Looks like it will be a good day to get started.

Wishing all of you a very Merry Happy Christmas Eve. Stay safe, enjoy your families, food, and the reason for the season.