Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

great...it is 8:10 AM and my stomach is growling. lol That cheesy chicken Soup sounds great! Low carb sounds like!

i will be checking in all day today more than likely...

have a great day everyone!

:willy_nilly:

Hi! I'm new to the website and to support groups as well. I am as you would say "homeless". Would love to join a group and feel a part of something.

LEt me be the first to welcome you then noticula....we are a group of friends that chat on a variety of things, band, family, current events-------mostly we just rely on one another for support, in band issues, and things daily life brings on!

We have found we can vent about our daily life, and each other understands, and no one in your daily life gets their feelings hurt-because you already vented about it!!

As for myself, my name is Kat (duh!), I was banded in April of 06. I got down to goal---actually a bit below it. Then my Daughter became seriously ill, we were given a diagnosis that was fatal, and my life fell apart. Then I had a medical problem, I ended up with a twisted intestine, and had to have surgery for it so was totally unfilled for most of a year. By the time the diagnosis on my daughter was proven to be wrong, I had hives from head to toe---had been put on steroids for them, and had regained close to 40 pounds. With daughters health improving, my own health improving, and a small fill, most of that is gone again, but losing it the 2nd time around has been very hard.

If not for the understanding and support of people here who know a huge part of this is in your head, not your belly, I don't know that I could have reversed the gain.

Anyway, I am married, have grown kids and 6 grandkids....no longer work outside the home for about 3-4 weeks now.

Please feel free to jump right in and post, give us your opinion of what we say----let us know what you prefer to be called---and tell us about yourself!

Suzanne----check in soon, I woke up thinking of you!

Laura I completely agree with you 100% about Biggest Loser. Tracy really looked bad. Rebecca though (aside from her street walker wear and platinum blonde) looked really good.

Tracy, congrats on the new endeavor! I’m sure you will be happy doing that. J

Girl you have got to not abuse yourself for gaining some weight back. I think for those of us who this has happened to, we are a bit surprised by it. I think in our minds we always thought the gaining back part was over. At least I know I was. Gaining back 30+ was a definite back to reality moment for me. We all have our individual reasons for it happening, but we just have to stand up, dust ourselves off and start over again.

I believe in you! You just have to try new things and recommit. I am recommitting after December. I won’t even attempt right now. December is way too hectic for me to even try. I do know though that after all the Holidays I have plenty of time all the way through Summer. Those are my optimal months. I have set a goal date for myself of Halloween 2010. By golly I played on my Wii for the first time last night and it told me I already lost almost 2 pounds. How? I don’t even know because I haven’t even been trying!

I think I’ve just been way too preoccupied with weight loss. Too much thinking about it 24/7. Now I just want to do it.

Jen, sometimes when we think we look a certain way, we really do look amazing to those around us. I get compliments too and I have to step back and realize what they see is sincere. I believe your dd meant what she said.

Kuurtamo, for joining an actual group, look for the link somewhere at the top of the page. It will simply say “join this group”. I hope this helps!

Nocticula, welcome!!

Suz, hope all is well. Check in soon J

As for myself a whole host of doors just opened for me. I think being loyal and hard working has finally proven that it DOES pay off. J I won’t say any more until I get the official records but things are definitely looking up.

Also after a near 2 year struggle with fills/unfills I think I have FINALLY REACHED MY SWEET SPOT!! Hooray! I was so ready to throw in the towel seriously. I get full fast and I’m hardly EVER hungry. I only know I’m hungry when I realize I haven’t eaten in at least 5 hours and I’m super grouchy… lol I’m pretty happy about that! I’ll be holding on to this fill for a really long time. I don’t want to mess it up by getting more put in. I think that was my first mistake awhile back.

Blessings my friends! I’ll be by soon to say hello!!

Hi friends, old & new. I am typing this one handed right now. my left shoulder is killing me. I am going to an orthopedist in january. maybe a bercer or arthrits or rotater cuff. something is jacked up. I notice that when I wear my bras (thank God I dont work) or when I carry something with my left arm it gets aggrevated. some days is better than others. today sucks. lol

I will be back when I can type with both hands. <3

Pierogies....buy it frozen...place in a 350 oven which the tray has been sprayed with PAM, and so has teh Pierogie.... and then when it is golden..pull out and yummo.....

if my picky DS loves them and friends love them...say no more

you can use a dipping sauce.. but we do not

i get mine on sale and stock... I think Shop Rite has them on sale this week... I usually get it from Pathmark on a buy 7 item sale... (told store becasue Jen lives in NYS)

try it first..so you know what color does it for you...lol

You know that I love BIGGEST LOSER,,, but for the life of me..when they allow to broadcast winners that look so so so so thin

one.. the kids then look at themselves and swear theyare fat

two... the woman or man who is overweight might feel they will never look like that and loose interest in losing weight

BTw...my asst rabbi, is a woman... who naturally is thin... so, shegives the kids always candy kisses..and leaves candy around...she is very sensitive to that issue

and when she approaches someone..she does not say omg..you lost weight..always..are you healthy..how are you..she has asked all of us..never say...omg.you lost weight,,,BECAUSe when people gain back weight..they feel depressed and ashamed and then they also do the terrible...not being their personal best

I almost spit BLOOD, Dr Phil talkd about Xmas ethic..one of the questions...my daughter wants to be Jewish becasue they have 8 days of gifts

his reply...say no..we are not changing religions

My DS has told me he would love a Christmas tree when he was younger...so I told him...make some more nonJewish friends so you can enjoiy with them ..their traditions as we ENJOY ours.....

To the one who GAINED back the weight....

OMG...it is Christmas for you

If you did not gain it back..which sometimes happens,.,GOD..wishs we were perfect but we are human and you are supposed to forgive yourself

HEH..think like this... if every woman (or man) would be perfect with their weight ..wouln't their be a SAINT PERFECT WEIGHT or SAINT NOT FAT or SAINT THIN

and the Pope who came to NY (old Yankee stadium)... I never read that he was giving the youth a talk about becoming a thin person

all the kids that were there...some were given free tickets and it made the paper..they were all sizes and colors....they got tickets because they were good repeat good kids and did good things....

we even talked about it at our temple because it was so inspirational and some of us moms even teared up

have a great day

Hey Y'all!

Kat, thanks for the recipes. I'll have to tone down the heat tho. DD doesn't like a lot anymore. This from the kid who used to scoop salsa out of the bowl with her hand at the Mexican place we go to all the time! I can't eat their salsa! It's too hot!!

Laura, I didn't know they made FROZEN Pirogues! I'll have to look for them. I've never tried them before.

Tracy, I'm so sorry you're in pain! Feel better soon!

Irene, I'll say an early congrats on the job stuff and pray it all goes thru! Let me know when you can what it's all about! How exciting! WhooHoo on your sweet spot!!!!

Jenn, recipe for your ham & cheese Soup, please! I cook like you and Kat do. I'm always changing things up or substituting or throwing things together b/c I think it might work. Usually does. I've had some doozies but I've also had way more successes! I love to cook! Can't stand to bake tho! LOL! Too precise! I don't know enough to be able to throw it together and have it come out well.

Welcome to our newbies!! Just jump right in!

~~~~~

Had my ultrasound today. Went well except for drinking too much Water. I was miserable!

Got the shopping done for DD. I'll be wrapping it all and whatever other gifts we have tomorrow while she's at school. I even remembered to buy special, "Santa" paper for the gifts from Santa.

Staff party tonight was nice. food was all good, as usual! I'm headed to bed. I'm exhausted. Was up til 2AM then DD got up at some point and wanted me to put her back to bed.

Going to have to take some liquid Tylenol. My legs ache. Hate that!

Have a great Tuesday!

Good Morning all

drinking my coffee. I don't know what I do to my body, I went from 192 at Dr's on Thursday to 184 today. I hope that I keep going if nothing else.

Here is the ham & cheese Soup. Know that I make lots of alterations. I use boiled ham and cut into very small chunks (i don't have time to mince) and I dont use tofu, I use 10 oz of ham. I also don't use velveta, I use 1 1/2 pkgs of 2% shredded cheese, sometimes mexican so some seasoning and i always saute my veggies with spices mixed in to bring out ultimate flavor and add some cyanne to the mix.

Ham & Cheese Soup

This is a hearty and delicious soup. If you prefer use grated Cheddar or Jack cheese in place of the Velveeta. Taste before salting.

2 Tablespoons butter

1/2 cup carrots, chopped

1/4 cup onion, chopped

2 Tablespoons flour

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon dry mustard

6 cups chicken broth

12 ounces Velveeta Light, shredded

8 ounces lite firm silken tofu, diced

10 ounces deviled ham (2 cans)

1 cup sour cream, light

salt and pepper, to taste

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

parsley, for garnish

In a large Dutch Oven over medium heat butter. Add carrots and onion and saute until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, paprika and dry mustard using a whisk. Cook for 2 minutes then slowly add the chicken broth whisking to prevent lumps. When soup is thickened add shredded Velveeta, the diced tofu and ham. Cook on a low simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve garnished with a sprinkle of Parmesean cheese and a sprig of parsley.

Servings: 10

Notes: Per 1-cup serving: 264 calories. 19 grams Protein, 15 grams fat (8 saturated) and 12 grams carbohydrate. Rich in Vitamin A and one serving has 53mg of calcuim

Oh, I have made this so much I don't even measure anymore.

I just made a seafood chowder.

1 can cream potato soup, instead of Water used veg. broth. any kind of seafood I have in the house. tuna is what I just used and just added flakes. I've used tuna, shrimp, scallops, crab.... what ever is in the freezer. and I add some white cheddar cheese (2%)... and done. Sometimes I make it in 2 containers 1/2 of each except seafood and cheese for lots of protein, mix in continer, and microwave for a min or 2, no pre cooking and great lunch or quick dinner.< /span>

Tracy - you have to get that fixed! this has been way too long. Check in ok

well, i guess i should dry my hair, since I have to leave in 30 mins. At least i'm dressed and have my gym bag packed. I'm going to try to add another 5 mins to my sad excuse of a cardio workout, and do weights on my upper body today.

xoxoxo to all

Good morning everyone!

I wonder how tweety is doing after being banded. I wish she would check in with us.

I know I need to get my shoulder checked. I just want to do it after the first of the year. I am SO scared they will want to stick a needle into my shoulder. UGH!! :thumbup: I am a big baby and I am not ashamed to admit it! so there :thumbup:

DH is on his first day off so we are going to drive around and daydream about which house we will get.

We also found a table to use in addition to the one we already have for Christmas dinner. They do not mach but, oh well! At least folks will have somewhere to sit! Maybe I can buy matching tablecloths?! one is round and one is square. REDNECK! :thumbup: I love it! :thumbup:

Have a great day everyone!

Pierogies come in the box...

but they have them in small bags and I am tooooo lazy to go downstairs for the name of the one we use

flavors...... potato

potato with onions and

potato with cheddar cheese

I get them on sale for less than a dollar and they are really good...no heartburn either

Jen-

Your Soup looks yummy

Do you serve them in bread bowls... DS loves it that way

Bread Bowls... crusty round high rolls (we have a wholesale bakery close by) and cut off top ... toast inside alittle and fill with soup.....

My DH is a vegetarian so ugh I pull my teeth out with him...very difficult to feed :)

Jen..this might be up your alley

the chinese restaurant sells shrimp in lobster sauce

I take campbells low fat cream of mushroom soup and add plenty of powdered skim milk for extra Protein and some milk or Water to thicken...add the frozen cut up carrrots and peas...heat ...then you can add seafood and heat up...I add strips of pollack (thick fish) or catfish nuggets and cook in the soup (cooks quickly)....add some soy sauce...taste adjust seasonings to your family needs...I serve for DH over rice but I eat it as a soup........did i say yummo

or OMG...what am I going to do with that left over chicken:cursing:

Take some chicken broth or cubes whatever heat up

add some cornstarch or potatoe starch to thicken

add some soy sauce

could add optionals some ginger or chinese seasoning or chives

then add the chicken (cube it) mix and heat more

taste..yummo continue not adjust seasoning

serve over rice and then add some cashews over it

and they will eat.......

my son just called from school..so forgot what i was going to write

he called..and i thought the worse...but it was so funny...the school allowed him to make the call on their phone...never

here goes..ma, why did send me to school with cannelli Beans

me..what???????????

me..now he is in high school...did I pack your sandwich

ds...yes, ma...why did you pack me a can of beans (had to repeat it)..(personally, I think the school wants to know if I am ok)

me...are you ok

him...yes mom

me...ok, eat your lunch and bring back the beans

him..bye and he is lol ing

so:sneaky::thumbup::sneaky::thumbup::sneaky

:thumbup::cursing:now my high schooler will be digging this in for a few days:scared2::thumbup::scared2::thumbup:

Have to be honest here, I would wonder about the cannelli Beans too!!!

On a similar note....My parents have had an annual Posole Party every New Years Eve for well over 35 years. Posole is a mexican stew, traditionally made with pigs feet, and hominy as the basis, with lots of chile. Dad has always used smoked ham, in place of the pigs feet---for safety sake mostly---pigs feet come with knuckles in them, and are usually removed as the posole is eaten. But it is not unusual for there to be 80 people come and go, and eat, so cooked ham is safer, no one choking on bones! He uses those big turkey roasters---has one hot and one mild, and has actually run out of posole before! They also have a huge spread of cheese and crackers, little smokies, nachos, and some Desserts, as well as bowls of popcorn and nuts sitting around the house.

My Dad is known for his posole---especially for a gringo!!! LOL My best friend, Becky, her husband has actually set up his video camera to watch what he puts in it, because they love it so much!

So one year, there were some left overs, so he sent some home with us kids. My friend is as much their kid in those cases as I am, so she got her bowls of leftovers too.

The next day at work she was rubbing it in to the guys in the market (she was wrapping meat for Albertsons at the time) that she was going to have this yummy posole for lunch-really working to make them jealous. All the while all of them knowing she had a fair size bowl so she would likely share!

So lunch comes, she pops the bowl, lid and all in the microwave, heats for a minute and taunting the guys all the while....at the end of a minute she opened it to stir.....and lo and behold, she had a wrong bowl, and had brought a bowl of leftover nacho cheese----NOT posole!!! They razzed her non stop the rest of the day, so she went right back, that it was ok, she would eat it for supper and not share with them. When she got home--the mistake was Dads---she had 2 bowls of nacho cheese, I had 2 bowls of posole!!! When he put them in the bags for us, he mixed them up! Sso then Rick give them grief!!

All this with posole, and I don't like it! I am not a big eater of hominy. I make myself miserable on the drunken wienies, and nachos, and snack foods!

I am meeting my DD in town for lunch, DH too. She is headed to SC for the wedding of her half brother. And I need to get the pictures to her. Since I made my DIL mad over them!!! And yes Tracy you read a little glee in my doing that. I hate the attitude she has that I am old and she can put one over on me! LOL

Someone ask me a question I meant to answer, and apparantly DIL is right, I AM old, I forgot what it was!!!!!

BBL

MY DEARS>>>>>>>>

omg..I have a meeting at my sons school, and now I am wondering if they will be looking at me funny???????

Maybe, I should place a can of Beans in a holiday bag..lol

tomorrow is an academic performance meeting, but they will still look at me strangely :thumbup::sneaky:

Quick stop by.

Worked this morning, took sis to Doc appointment and than to grocery store. Home to eat some cottage cheese (and 2 cookies) now off to go to Dentist with hubby.

Be back later.

Just great, I go to the Dentist to have a filling repaired. While drilling, he breaks the tooth and I now have a temp crown. It was supposed to only take a half hour and I ended up being in the chair for one and a half hours. Poor hubby had to sit and wait for me.