Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Busy day! We worked on building a closet for my Mom, and we shampooed carpet throughout the house (and not 15 minutes ago, I dumped a diet DP right smack on the still damp carpet!!)

Went in and finished up our last minute things for Christmas. One more trip to town next week for the final food items for dinner, then it is all ready!

I ate late....ate half a small burger at Mickey D's----and it is NOT going down, I keep hic upping, and it still sits there....someday I will learn.

Tracy, the things that Macy wants, sounds more like my granddaughter Ally. She got the zhu zhu pets for her birthday, and was totally disappointed---although now that they are so popular, she is ok with them!!! LOL

Kinsey is such a girlie girl, it is ridiculous! She likes baby dolls ok, but the doll house is her all time favorite! She will entertain herself for hours with polly pockets on the coffee table. Manda bought her the new Fisher Price doll house, she is going to love it! We bought her the van today that goes with it.

My cousin bought the same doll house for her DD who is Kinsey's age, when she had her twins. She wanted her to have something special because everyone was bringing gifts to the babies. The doll house comes with Mom and Dad and twin babies, one boy, one girl----just like she had! So she bought the extra doll to have the sister, and it is their family! Pretty cute.

Thinking I might break down and make some fudge this weekend. We'll see!!!

Tomorrow we are finishing Moms closet. So won't be around til we come back to watch football!!

Take care!

Hi there. Just wanted to see if I could build a new home with some new (and hopefully old) friends. I do not wanna be 'homeless' anymore so here I am! This is gonna be a place for friends to meet (hopefully) and talk about anything & everything.

My name is Tracy and I live in Deer Park, Texas. I have been married for 6 years. I was banded in April '07. Got 4 pounds away from goal, quit smoking and gained 46-50 pounds back so I am on my journey again. This time as a non-smoker :smile2:

This is a life change and with it comes lifelong friends...wanna come along for the ride? :lol:

Tracy, consider me your "ride along buddy".LOL Did you have your band emptyed when you got so close to goal? I am very proud of you for quitting smoking. I know how hard that is. You are very brave. You have gone through the weight loss thing before and you know you can do it and what it takes, so I am sure you will. If you need to talk (write) Let me know I will send you my email address so we can chat. But we can chat here also.

I was banded on 12/9/09 and am doing okay. I haven't been sick and haven't had much pain. One of my incision sites looks like it might be getting infected so I will call my Dr on Monday.

Oh by the way, I am from Sacramento California. I have been married for 17 years to a pretty great guy. I have 1 daughter and 1 stepdaughter who has given us 3 grandchildren. My husband and I got married on February 29th. (We thought it would be fun and it was)

Well I will wait to hear from you. Keep up the faith and hard work. Remember you have fellow bandsters to keep you company!!! :wink2::wub:

Hi Pam...welcome to our group! We have a wonderful group of people here. Most of us have been banded a while, so if you have any questions let us know! It looks like you are doing great so far! :smile2: Way to GO! I love this group of ladies. We talk about everything under the sun here as well as cheer each other along as far as our goals go. Hope you stick around...we would love to have you! No, I did not get a complete unfill when I got close to goal...I just started to eat instead of smoke. Eating the wrong things to make myself feel better and then I just got depressed over the weight gain and then I started to have ALOT of stress in my life over this past summer and it was so stressful that it caused my band to practically close up. So, I started to eat ice cream since nothing else would go down. Not just a little ice cream...ALOT. Then when I realized what was happening I got an unfill and some antidepressants and now here I am. In alot better place emotionally and ready to start over. Oh well, at least I didn't gain ALL of it back. Sorry for the longgg answer to your question! I would LOVE for you to take this ride with us!

Hi ladies! so what does everyone have planned for this weekend? So far for me it has been coffee :wink2: After that it is a laundry day, then cleaning bathtubs...you know, fun stuff. DH started back to work today so it is just me & the girls. It is supposed to be pretty today. We actually had some sunshine yesterday and it is here again today. I am gonna try to enjoy it while I can.

Have a great day everyone! I will check back in!

Hi Pam and welcome. Hope you hang around with us.

Sorry I have been M.I.A. Been sicker than a dog. And when I'm feeling up to it, I have been baking and making fudge and everything else we need for tomorrow.

I did just get home from lunch. My boss took all of us girls to Zio's for kunch. I love italian food. Now I'm off to church and than home to get ready for a christmas party at a friends hosue tonight. I already bought a bottle of margarita's to take along. LOL.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Wow...the saints vs the cowboys...I am TORN!

Hey Tracy, my husband is watching the game. Hope you picked the Cowboys.... I am a Saints fan...to bad for me!:smile2:

Hi Pam and welcome. Hope you hang around with us.

Sorry I have been M.I.A. Been sicker than a dog. And when I'm feeling up to it, I have been baking and making fudge and everything else we need for tomorrow.

I did just get home from lunch. My boss took all of us girls to Zio's for kunch. I love italian food. Now I'm off to church and than home to get ready for a christmas party at a friends hosue tonight. I already bought a bottle of margarita's to take along. LOL.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Hey thanks for the welcome! You all are great. No one has made me feel more welcome that you guys! I decorated our tree, went shopping for groceries, cleaned the house some, sent my daughter off to play out with her band (She is the drummer and is 37 yrs old). Her husband is the lead guitar and backup singer.

Hope your weekend goes well.

Wow, sounds like Pam is all most as busy as me. LOL.

Went to a christmas party last night and drank way to much. Guess with all that has been going on, I looked at as a stress reliever. And now I have a fill tomorrow and Idon't think Doc is going to be happy. But with all the that has gone on in the last few weeks, I hope he understands. I'm definetly getting a fill.

Another round of Cookies to make this morning and than I will be ready for our christmas today. Everyone should be here around 1pm. Cookies and candy all day long. I'm doomed.

Have a good day.

Good morning...oops, afternoon!

I have spent the entire day downloading music and time FLIES!

So far so good...I have only had oatmeal and 1 pc of pizza. :thumbup:

Have a great one and I will be back later.

Jennifer....get over here before I kick your butt!

Not a package in my house left to be wrapped! It is done, it is finished, I am READY!!!

Tomorrow I am going to do the candy thing, and some grocery shopping---so I can begin prepping the things to cook. But the gift buying, and wrapping is a done deal!!!

Rick wrapped ONE gift! He bought the girls (granddaughters) diamond earrings---very small diamond chips, but none the less their first diamonds! And I ask him how he wanted them wrapped, and he said he would do it, so he did one and said...."this way" LOL so I did the other!!!

So I need to get busy doing something else! I have steaks to throw on the grill marinating. Going to bake some potatoes and call it dinner.

I do not need a fill. I am at a good place for me. If I eat too much, or too fast, I can feel it. BUT...last night I ate bread---straight ol' bread! We went to Becky & Gary's to watch the game and she had Shrimp alfredo, and she had bread with dipping oil. I ate waaaaay too much bread, and had zero problems. Then the first bite, whether it was the Pasta or the shrimp I might not have chewed really well----I stuck, and was miserable for the next 15 minutes or so, before it moved on down. Yet I ate the bread----go figure!

Pam these are REALLY great women, and it is usually much more active in here, but the holiday season has us all out running around like crazy people! PLEASE make yourself at home, and tell us about yourself, and feel free to unload at any time!! We all do!! LOL

Well I am going to go watch my youngest grandson while my DIL does her grocery shopping--see y'all later tonight!

Kat, normally I can't do bread. Yesterday at the restaurant, I ate way to much bread that was dipped in oil, I think thatis why it went down so easily. It was covered in oil. So today I cooked some fat-free hot dogs and wrapped mine in a piece of bread. 3 bites in and wham-o, stuck. Crazy.

I will be going in for a fill tomorrow. Doc isn't going to like the weight issue. Oh well, I suck at this right now. Stress will do that to you.

Hubby is going with me. On the way we will be going by the cemetery where my parents are buried. So we are going to stop and put flowers on their graves. It was 20 years ago today that my dad passed away. It sure doesn't seem like it's been that long ago. Mom's been gone nine years.

I'll check in when I get up in the morning for work.

Morning all

I'm just quick checking in... will be back again later

Pam - Welcome

Thank you my special friends for my Christmas Cards! I'm slacking, never got mine out...that is sad, first time in 10 years

Well, Party was a hute success, but have been dealing with furnace problems since Friday am, just got heat back and working last night. Thank goodness I have 2 gas fireplaces.

Ok off to get dressed and get kids up... off to work!

xoxoxoxo

*Help Wanted*

Immediate opening for a very strong, loyal, energetic, caring, fun and understanding person. Looking for someone to help me get back on track and someone who can take a beating. Someone who will understand what it's like to struggle but won't let me back down or try to fool myself. Someone who will bring a smile to my face but not let me try to slide back to my old habits. Someone who won't ridicule me or chastise me but also strong enough to see that I'm a normal person and needs some help. If you think you are up to this job, please send me your resume. I will hire all that is up for this grueling job.

LOL Suzie--send me any extra applicants!!! I know exactly what you are saying, and it truly is a hard thing to do for someone, to be strong enough to tell them they are fooling themselves, without sounding pious, or condescending.

We all know how that cheerleader attitude does not work, and yet you seriously need someone who believes in you being able to do it! It is a lot to ask of yourself, let alone anyone else, to be able to say the things that might need to be said at some point---and still do it with love.

I never thought about the fine lines one must walk to be around us as we lose weight, and they cheer us on, until a fight I had with Rick, and he finally unloaded on me--that while he appreciated the battle with the weight loss was not easy, it was not always easy in his shoes either!

To support me could easily be mistaken to sound like he did not love me enough the way I was....

To not support the surgery, was simply not being supportive of me wanting to improve myself...

To mention weight loss was good one day, and the next if I gained, I took to mean he must have hated me when I was bigger!

The emotions we go through, are not strictly limited to us. And I don't just mean the rush of hormonal emotions right after surgery--I mean even to this day!

Once I thought about it, I knew he was making a valid point!

Some days I can be thrilled when I get on the scale and only see 2 pounds gained following a downslide....other days when I only lose half a pound rather than the 3 I hoped --- I end up blue for the day. If I can't figure me out, how in the heck do I expect him to??? LOL

I will do my best to help you along---I honestly know I will err on the side of being too soft, and not pushing you as hard as I know you push yourself. Your willpower (won't power) and ability to stick to the program, impresses me all the time!

How would everyone feel about doing some sort of not really a challenge, and they don't all have to be weight loss goals, but some sort of challenge when the new year rolls around. Some sort of self improvement thing. Even something like...for this week I resolve not to say (or type) negative things about myself. We cannot avoid thinking them, but saying them validates them, so we would not do that. Or to avoid ice cream for X amount of days....or to move for minimally 15 minutes, doing whatever....

Just something that we could motivate one another with......any takers??? I