Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Oh no Suzie! Is that on his dime...or yours?

Rick would have went to the car and taken a nap!!!

Laundry is almost done. Went and did all of my Mom's Christmas wrapping yesterday---have 97% of mine done.

Today Kinsey and I went to lunch with youngest DD, and her DH and my DGS--he is such a sweetie!!! He is 11 months, and full of mischief!!

My SIL, we just hit Taco Bell, as DH was on his lunch hour and it is close.....but my SIL ordered 10 tacos! Now he only wants meat and cheese, and he adds no sauce or anything....but he ate 5 and took the rest home, I guess we bought his dinner, or afternoon snack, or whatever too. He irritates the hell outta me sometimes!

The way my SIL and DIL make me crazy----I have to wonder if my kids make their parents shake their heads too!!!

Hoped to hear back on Rick's biopsy today, but nothing yet.

Got a letter in a card from my cousin, and she heard noise out by the barn last week (she lives in a small mountain community above Boulder CO) and she went out to check on her horses. When she rounded the barn she come upon a mountain lion that was dining on the small cow elk he had just taken down! She said she hid in the barn, and called her DH---scared to death! He drove down with a rifle, but the lion was gone. She said they have seen a bobcat, but not the mountain lion since that night. Her DH measured the paw prints in the snow, and they measured 7.5" wide! I woulda been standing in yellow snow!!!

Oh no Suzie! Is that on his dime...or yours? thought the same thing

Rick would have went to the car and taken a nap!!!mine snores...lol

The way my SIL and DIL make me crazy----I have to wonder if my kids make their parents shake their heads too!!!

Hoped to hear back on Rick's biopsy today, but nothing yet.i hope all turns out ok

Got a letter in a card from my cousin, ..........snow, and they measured 7.5" wide! I woulda been standing in yellow snow!!!

yellow snow and a heart attack.....we had a coyotee in the other home..omg..scared especially when it ate someones cat...the noise...the coyotte we have no idea how it came to our area...who knows...the other day we saw TURKEYS and where could that have come from..no farms here.. no farms here

Morning ya'll

quiet yesterday

Kat - that is CRAZY!

just wanted to quick check in, my computer is chugging along this am so now I only have 10 mins to get dressed and hair done.LOL

had a 3pm meeting yest so I ended up working until 5:30 because I had to finish a presentation for a 10am meeting!

Got it done and hopefully my boss was impressed, I usually leave at 3:30

Well, off for another day, I'm leaving on time today.

Kev gave me some money for xmas yesterday, I have so much stress lifted. I don't know what happened for the 2 months we didn't talk, but I know that for the first time in years, he is taking care of me and the kids like he should, and has admitted and apologizes constantly for being the way he was.

Anyway, I'm going to finish my shopping up this week... whew!

Hey y'all~

Jenn, I am so glad Kev is following through finally. But I must speak my mind and remind you of the highs and lows, and how much more frequent the lows are! I am thrilled however that his high hit when you needed it most!

You have went 2 months, and have proven to yourself you CAN do it. Don't let what you KNOW in your heart is likely a temporary change in Kev's actions cause you to backslide. I hope this means you can BOTH move FORWARD! And have a friendly interaction with one another for the kids sake. But Honey you don't need to get on that roller coaster again. The highs and lows are only fun for awhile, and getting off while it is moving is so hard---and you DID it!

OK, I will shut up and butt out, I only want you happy.

Forgot to tell you yesterday, our $$$$ was redeposited into the account. So that eased my mind. Maybe the financial fairy is smiling on us all!

Taking my Mom and Kinsey in to shop today. Rick has a friend he worked with for several years, that has no family. He has some in Wisconsin, but they are not close. So he is coming to Christmas dinner. Last year he did too. Well last year Manda had attempted to reconcile with her ex (see Jenn EVERYONE does it!!!LOL) and I had bought him some things for Christmas. Well the attempt fizzled before Christmas, so a couple of the generic things----aftershave & lounge pants I think I just changed the name to his on the gifts. And we bought him one of the big snack gifts, with the sausage & cheese etc. And we bought him a big tin of popcorn. He was so shocked, and I mean seriously touched by it! Kinsey---being Kinsey ask him if he wanted her to help him open them, and he told her she better, it had been probably 10 or 15 years since he opened a package, so he needed help. I get emotional thinking about that still. Girls, he was serious. He is single, and if anything tries too hard, he had a rough past, and is still a strange guy---but to never receive a birthday gift or Christmas gift, is so sad. So today while Mom shops with Kinsey for an Angel Tree gift, I am going to look for something for Steve.....any ideas??? He put in his request----for chicken sandwiches! Back years ago when Rick was in the field, he would sometimes have too much lunch, and he offered Steve a sandwich one day, it happened to be chicken salad, and from that day, I cannot talk to him without him mentioning them! So if I know he is coming over, I make a batch of chicken salad and send him home with it! LOL But chicken salad sandwiches don't wrap well!!

He has fallen victim to the local layoffs, so is unemployed right now, so trying to think practically, but also maybe something he would not buy himself in these times.

Christmas needs to hurry up, get here and move on...I have gained 3 pounds already! Well yesterday, I have not looked again.

Today my DD showed up, wearing black leggings, with a red sweatshirt trimmed in white furry stuff, and a Santa hat----with glittery red false eyelashes that went almost to her eyebrows with her eyes open! She said she could not hardly tell they were there, they were so lightweight!

She is VERY involved in BP's Christmas for the Needy program. She helped raise the $$$, do the shopping, and today through the end of the week, they deliver. So all the girls dressed like elves. She said she is wearing the eyelashes, not all are. Some are wearing the big curly toed shoes. She said they are all in matching leggings and red sweatshirts. They bought them at KMart, and one of the women added the fur trim for them all. She said she would prefer to just wear her black Uggs than shoes that would fit in the slippers that make the curly toes!

There is a family they are helping in the town where BP is located in Southern CO, that she said she is VERY emotional about going to. The parents had 5 of their 7 kids with them in a van, and were hit by a semi. Killed the Mom, and crippled 3 of the kids---one at least permanently. 3 are currently in wheelchairs. And Dad left to cope and deal with his own injuries, and all the injured, not to mention devastated kids. So they bought mostly things like DS's and things kids can "do" without "doing". And her team she is on, has agreed to once a month do something, even if it is just to send movie passes, or drop off a couple bags of treats to this family.

Laura, I live in town and have a fox with a den on my upper hill property, and we have a yard full of deer frequently. We also have raccoons, wish they had found another home!!! I think so many people are building out in the area the wildlife used to call home, they are being moved out and around.

Well I better get myself ready. I need to pick my Mom up shortly.

Hey girls, Busy night last night and ubber busy this morning. Getting ready to go meet a friend for lunch. I won't see her till she comes back from her daughters next month.

Jenn, I'm so glad that Kev came thru and how sad that he couldn't have done it when you guys were together. I hope he keeps coming thru for the kids sake.

Got up and went to cuves this morning to work out and I was just getting ready to leave when one of the ladies came back in and said that her car had been broken into and her purse and a gift stolen. 40 minutes before the cops showed up and by that time they had already used the card at Quick Trip and Hy-Vee's. The spent $159.00 at the grocery store. Truly scary to know that we were only feet away from them being out there going thru a car.

Our drug addicted nephew hit again last night. I was on my way home from some friends and called hubby to tell him I would be home in about 15 minutes. He told me his bottle of Vicodin was gone. He got it when they put him on the antibiotics for his abcessed tooth. Nephew swears up and down he didn't take it, just like he swore up and down he didn't take the last bottle. Turned out he finally confessed on that one. So needless to say it was not a pleasant time in my house last night. I hate addiction and what it does to families.

Hope everyone has a great day and Ill chat when I get back from our hospital shift.

Hope you had a great lunch with your friend Suzanne! I am doing that tomorrow. My friend and I used to go almost every week, and then I went to work, and then she was out of town, finally we are getting together again!

She is so depressed, and has fought with her weight almost her entire life. Through high school she was just stocky, and curvy, since then she has really put on weight, and like most of us, she loses and then gains back plus. She had done SO well, and lost probably 60 pounds--then was faced with the fact that her daughter is doing drugs, and seriously-------needle in the vein ---kind of doing drugs, and I am telling you that weight come back so fast it was scary! Now she is struggling to deal with that, and she had broke her foot, so she is really finding it difficult to find motivation.

She knows I had the band, and she would like to, but their insurance doesn't cover, and she cannot afford it otherwise. She does not deal with their money. He makes good money, but he puts it in the bank, and he pays bills, etc. She spends some but never much, and he deals with all matters financial. She is a beautician, and does some haircuts on the side, and she also is an amazing cake decorator and sells her cakes, and spends that money how she wants, but he is in charge of all the big money in the house, and he is very big himself, and unless both of them had the surgery, I don't see him cutting loose the money for her to do it. And I like them both so much....I just try to ignore that they do things in different ways than I do!! LOL they have been married for well over 30 years, so I guess it is working OK for them!

Well Rick is home, dinner is almost done, going to get things finished up!

Good morning ladies~

Sorry for not posting yesterday. LOTS was going on. My dsd was running fever when she woke up yesterday and she had a sore throat so we kept her out of school and brought her to the dr. She has an upper respiratory infection. She got a shot and a Z-Pack and this morning she still has a sore throat but her ever is gone. She is going to school to find out what she needs to do because she missed 4 tests yesterday. I would keep her home until tomorrow but she only goes for half a day tomorrow. I am glad we got her to the dr so soon. Looks like we headed it off before it got really bad!

We also went riding around looking at houses. We found another one that we love. It is almost 2200 sq ft. They professionally had the garage converted to a game room with a custom bar :smile2: What a bargain...not bad for people that do not drink that much but GREAT for entertaining! hint hint So now we are up to 3 favorite and am praying that this time next month at least one of them are available. Its in Gods hands.

Day before we went to a thrift store (I love those places) and found a solid oak table. The 4 chairs do not really match but that is OK. I am mainly concerned about enough places for family to sit and eat Christmas dinner. Anyway, they did not have a leaf for it. We went to lowes and had a peice of wood cut for the leaf. Doesnt exactly match yet but a tablecloth can do wonders :)

I braved the scales this morning because I knew I would get a little fire going in me if I weighed. It is easy to ignore if you keep yourself in the dark! Like Dr. Phil says, "you can't fix what you don't acknowledge". I am not going to fool myself and say that I am not going to cheat during the holidays, but I will be mindful of what I am doing and restrain myself more. I really need another fill. The 1.0 is almost like being empty. I need to be @ 1.5. That is my magic number. I will have to wait until January. I am updating my ticker to show what I weigh today that way I can see it every time I log on.

Thanks for being here and helping me and encouraging me. Sometimes I think some of you have more faith in ME than I do! lol :)

I need to get dd ready for school. Talk to you all again later to do personals!

Hey...when I was updating my ticker I realized I have only gained ONE pound since October. Guess my fill is working more than I thought. I thought for sure it was more than that. BUT, I had lost 10 and regained it, but we wont talk about that. It could be ALOT worse. I am happy with this. This is doable. :)

and I changed the ticker to my MAIN goal...onederland. It was so much fun getting there the first time but it will be SWEETER this time. :)

Quick check in before I head back out the door.

Woke up this morning and could not swallow. Not a sick to my stomach type thing. This was a sinus throat thing. So I woke hubby up and he took me to the ER. We were in and out in 1 hour. Wow, loved it. Anyway, Doc said that the infection had settled in my throat and I am now on a z-pak and cough Syrup with vicodin in it. Starting to do a little better. At least I can swallow Water without tears.

I'll be back in a few hours, have to take sis to her doc appointment.

Good morning ladies~

Day before we went to a thrift store (I love those places) and found a solid oak table. The 4 chairs do not really match but that is OK. I am mainly concerned about enough places for family to sit and eat Christmas dinner. Anyway, they did not have a leaf for it. We went to lowes and had a peice of wood cut for the leaf. Doesnt exactly match yet but a tablecloth can do wonders :)

[/color][/size]

Staples...have wonderful tables ...made of hard plastic they fold up...has to be under 50 dollars....I always use them...they are EXtREMELY sturdy and wash well....stand against wall dowmstairs...have foor legs or two on each side...they just open up...our color is light brown or tan.........and you can fit a big crowd

you can also add the smaller on

and they are definitely cheaper than buying a new dining room set..plus easy to transport when move

also....staples stuff are in offices by you.. do you have a friend whose office will lend you some of the staple tables for christmas

if you were up here..i would lend you two for christmas

Edited by jollygreen1955

Yep Laura, that is what I use when we outgrow our dining set too! I have one of the big long plastic ones---I toss a pretty cloth on it, and Voila! I use it soooo much more than I expected to when we got it. I set it up to use in addition to our picnic tables in the back yard for cookouts---it is always our food buffet table. I use it for yard sales. I use it in the house a lot too.

As for your chairs not matching, who cares! Make it look like your did it that way on purpose!

Sorry you are sick Suzie---your dsd too Tracy---sounds like you guys not only have the same type of thing, but the treatment seems to be the one of choice!!

Kinsey is with my Mom today---I already miss her! When she goes back to school next week, I will be so bored! I am going to take her to see the Frog/Princess movie either Mon. or Tue. We were going to do it this week, but run out of time. Rick is taking tomorrow off, so we are doing our last minute stuff. I got some stocking stuffers bought yesterday but we need more.

Connor, when you ask him what he wants for Christmas, he won't say, he just makes a motion. Then in the store he showed me. With all the commercials, all the Christmas hype--for Christmas, he wants a paddle ball. The paddle with the ball on a long rubberband!!! He begged me for it. Then he shows Santa the motion, I betcha we ALL buy him one.....I already did, it has Cars on it! LOL

Kinsey wants Barbies and Polly Pockets. Much simpler than her mother at that age. When Manda was 5 she wanted 2 things for Christmas.....a fishing pole, and a Toyota. She got the fishing pole!!!

Well I am meeting my friend for lunch today, so should go get dressed--restaurants prefer that these days.

Got word last night that some good friends of ours are moving....to Australia. He accepted a job over there within the company.

See y'all later on!!

Checking in before I head to bed.

For someone who is so sick, I sure have been on the run today. Now I'm going to head off to sleep land. Tomorrow I will be busy doing baking. Lots of Cookies to make.

Tracy, keeping my fingers crossed that you guys get one of the houses you really like.

hey ya'll

quick check in... running late

love and miss ya'll, i'll be back tomorrow

Good morning ladies!

Today is dd and dsd last (half) day of school before the Christmas break. Macy is having a party at school so dh and I are going to it and then she comes home. We have some grocery shopping to do but it can wait for the girls to get out of school.

Thanks Suzanne-how are you feeling? Cookies? o...m....g

Jolly-We really needed another table, ths heavy solid oak one is great. We will never need to get another table...we just need to keep an eye out for a real leaf for it...and some better chairs. As far as folding tables, I am going to use my sisters....we are going to need it too!

Kat-Macy told me that if she gets any baby dolls se is giving them away to our neighbors little girl. LOL And barbies...well, all she does with those is chop off their hair and take all the clothes off of them. Macy asked for a bike and a scooter, zhu zhu pets, and a moxie girls guitar. I can not wait for Christmas!

Cindy-how are you?

Jenn-glad to see the drive by! :sad:

:biggrin: Hi and Bye everyone!