Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

I cannot imagine you belittling anyone, especially us here---for continuing to work with our bands----so why would we see you any different for trying another tactic??? We know who you are----you are a smart a$$ with a band, and I am betting you will be a smart a$$ with a bypass!!! LOL. That is how we love you!!!!

Ummm, thanks?? :) :thumbup:

Today is the anniversary of Rick's heart surgery! Sure am glad to still have him around. He woke up on his birthday the next day with his heart repaired!

It has been a wild ride! I love hearing stories like this. Puts things in perspective, right?! Tell Rick happy birthday for me!

Spoke with my grandson and oldest granddaughter last night. She is visiting in Louisiana. Was good to hear Connor.

Rick heard something at work in relation to his DD, he was kinda depressed by it----not sure what it is, but he has to work through it, then we will talk it out. It might be something major (don't think so) or it might just be someone saw her getting inked again---which totally depresses him. She has skanky tattoos he thinks. They are actually very well done, very realistic---which just makes them ugly....not skanky!! LOL, she has a sea theme for some reason---she was raised in a desert! LOL, a starfish tramp stamp, across her lower back, with oceanic things surrounding it, but then she has a big pink toned octopus on her shoulder with tentacles coming down her back, and arm, and chest a few inches. He despises it! I HATE trampy looking tats. I have seen quite a few i like but more that i don't!

Could also just be he is more scared than ever that she is like her Mom!!! LOL, that would be really sad!His ex is so psycho, she has been calling my MIL, and acting all caring, then refers to her, to the mutual friend we have, as a snaggle toothed old hag. Makes me want to hurt her! She looks like a dried up old catchers mitt herself, it isn't like she is a pretty young thing anymore either! None of us are!!! LMAO, so how do you REALLY feel!? LOL

But he was in a good mood soon after getting home. Kinsey come and stayed while Manda did laundry, and grocery shopped. She had her Papa in a good mood pretty quick. The little girl across the street come over with her Mom to play for a few minutes, she refers to Rick and I as "her" and tschopper Rick" sound it out---it is a 2 year old calling him Chopper Rick!!! She always tells her Mom she wants to go to "Hers" house!!! My house! She loves Kinsey!

Well I am off to play some games, and relax so I can get to sleep earlier tonight!!!

See y'all tomorrow!

Hi everyone...

Friends coming over today to swim and I need to go over the checkbook and reciepts :thumbup: Macys party is gonna be great but it sure is expensive. The things we do for our kids. :thumbup: Next year it will be smaller (i hope).

Angela-how is the new system at work going? Smoother i hope?!

There is not really much to say other than have a fantastic day and I will be back later to talk more.

Thanks ya'll...:)

Worked, took Sis to Doc's. Took Sis to store and Post Office. Grabbed hubby and went to vote. Came home and ate a little lunch, laid and watched a movie with Hubby and now back to work. And DANG it's hot out there today.

Hope you all are having a good one.

Tomorrow is my first appointment with my heart dr to see if there is anything wrong with the old ticker. Wish me luck! I can not wait for the whole 'you need to lose weight' speech!! I hope I don't accidentally say something like "no shit". :blushing:

Good Luck tomorrow Tracy. Boy it's been a long time for this appointment. I hope yours goes as well as mine did. Keep us posted.

Good Luck tomorrow Tracy. Boy it's been a long time for this appointment. I hope yours goes as well as mine did. Keep us posted.

I had to postpone the one for last month because of the move. I hope it is good news!

Morning all

wow busy week

Kat - I have a better idea... find me a hot guy with a nice ride and send him back for me... I'm ready. LOL

Tell Rick Happy Bday! I know I'm late sorry

Ya'll know I have my share of tattoos... I'm so ready for another, I am done with my back for now.. I do want a Fairy or guardian angel to finish the moon and stars I did last year, and want to finish my foot, just can't because of wearing boots all day.

My last one is going to be on my wrist, I am just not 100% sure, and other than my breast cancer one, I have put a lot of thought into the ones I have

Tracy - email me! I'm going to send you my work address, I'll get it out in the field. You know I love you for you... its all good. Take care of you

how did dr go? I miss you!

Well ladies, I should do multi quotes because I can't remember my thoughts, I don't know what is wrong with me these days. I swear I'm blonde under this dark hair.

Actually, I think I'm dehydrated again, been sick to my stomach, tired and realized last night I have not been going to the bathroom. I'm up 5lbs, which I usually do when I don't drink enough. I'm going to do 3 qts of Water today and see if that is it. It sure is not from eating because I want to throw up from smelling food.< /p>

Cindy - YIKES!!! My dd is 16, she can't get her license until Feb, but will have her permit tomorrow. If I don't get a company truck by then, I will spend my tax money on a used 4x4 of some kind, either a truck or jeep. I don't need fancy or new, just 4x4 and something that drives - I'm pulling for the company truck, but I have until Feb to figure it out when she gets my car, I just don't want 2 car payments.

off to get dressed and leave, got my hours changed back to earlier shift.

Jenn, I must be one of the last people on earth that does not have a tattoo. And never will have one. But I am totally facinated by them. When I am with some one that has one I study it alot. I love the coloring and the stories behind them.

Hubby and I just got home from the gym, yes I said the gym. First time since my surgery. Alls I did was walk on the treadmill and it felt good. My partner that's always there when I work out was there a surprised like heck when he walked in the door. I'm really glad that I went because it is hot and humid outside and I wasn't looking forward to a mile walk in that junk.

Kat. I love the pics you have posted on FB. I could see you sleeping on that bike. It looks so comfortable. Did I tell you that last week we found out that a guy we work out with was killed on his way to work on his bike? Hubby took it pretty hard especially with the BIL still in the hospital after his Bike accident. So we were walking to the car in the garage and passed by the bike and I told him that if he never road again that it would be fine with me. I would not blame him. But I want him to take his time and feel good about getting back on it. I also told him that if he decided to never ride again that we were not going to sell the bike. I gave that to him for our 20th wedding anniversary and it holds special meaning to us. Plus it is a 100th edition Harley. So it's not going anywhere.

Has anyone heard from Bethany in a while?

Michelle, How's retirement going, lol? You enjoyng a little freedom for awhile? Have fun.

Hi Cindy, When is back to school for you? Kids start here on the 18th. I'm excited.

Angela, When I know when we will be in your area I will let Tracy know and you guys can figure out where to meet up. I'm not sure if it will be an overnight stay or just a few hours. I'll keep you guys posted.

I have an appointment to have my hair colored and cut at 10am. Then it's our dya to work at the hospital. I'll check in later.

Oh and I'm not sure I mentioned this. I have a nephew on my husbands side that will be banded on the 31st. By my Doc. Him and his wife have a set of 8 year old twins and then 3 years later were blessed with another set of twins. Holy Cow, could you imagine. Anyway, they are all great kids and I love them dearly. My nephew decided that he needed to get his health under control so that he will be there for them as they grow.

Cool about your nephew Suzie!!!

We know the risks in riding, we accept them. In fact we updated our will just this last week with the long ride ahead of us. We did not ride heavily when our kids were young, now they all know if something happens to us, we were doing something that made us happy. We say a prayer asking to be watched over when we leave, and a prayer of thanks for a safe trip when we get home. But it IS risky!

I do not have any tattoos either. Jenn did you get the pic I sent you of the lined angel. I know the guardian one you want is more detailed, bu the little line one, appeals to me for some reason. Thought seriously about tattooing it, because it spoke to me on some level----but have not done it.

Of all the kids tattoos, the only one I like is on Mandas neck---the nape of her neck under her hair usually, it is a flower, a large one, 4 inches across or so, of a flower she fell in love with in hawaii---the name escapes me just now. It is a soft buttery yellow ending each petal in pink. It is beautiful---and she can never see it without a mirror! The others she has I tell are awful! Abbey's you know my opinion of, they are quality work I am sure, but they are just ugly in the fact they are so realistic. eeewwwww And Lenny had a nice sun/moon between his shoulder blades, the rays folded back over the face, then one night of partying and he let someone "work" on it. It was a disaster!!!! Now he has a HUGE almost fully black sun design just to cover the other mess up.

My friend Marie has several, she has a ring tattood on her finger, and the word BELIEVE along the inside of her wrist....it began as pretty, but as the lines have faded.....it is blah.

Another friend Michele had an ankle Bracelet tattood on with each dangly thing having meaning, but they have all blurred kind of and it just looks like a design, you can no longer pick out the delicate symbols.

Lori, my hair girl, has a vine going up her leg, with tiny purple flowers--it has been done about 4 years now, and it still looks good. She also has Thumper from Bambi on her belly, to the side, looks like he is laughing and rolling in the curve of her waist---cute---but will it be cute when she is 75???

Never found anything I want to live forever with on me like that.

My brother had a tazmanian devil tattooed on his shoulder right out of high school---and Taz has the name BOB tatooed on his shoulder. It looks pretty faded all these years later too.

I look at pics on here, and on line, and at peoples work, and so much of it ends up looking faded, and blah......makes me turn away.

My alarm just went off and I lost my train of thought!!!

Oh yeah!! My niece has her eyeliner tattooed on---THAT I would like. But they won't do it if you have never been tattooed---something about ink sensitivity. Plus it IS my eyes!! LOL

Can't wait to see the b-day cake Tracy!!!

Bethany hasn't been around in awhile.....

Terri---you healing up & eating on schedule? Maybe we can hook up when I get back. We will call you when Suzanne comes through too!!

Gotta get on with packing.

Hubby and I both know that every time he leaves that anything can happen while he is on the bike. I think right now he is just spooked by the last couple of events that have happened. He will find his time again. I know that I'm going to pay more attention to riders while I'm out. More than I have before.

Went to work tonight and they called for another body bag. I instantly volunteered to take it. They were kinda freaked out about it. I told them that I hope that when my time comes that I hope that there are compassionate peopl like me around. People that care for people that they have never met but still feel saddened by there passing enought to help out. I love my job.

The weather out is just perfect for swimming but I went and had my hair done today. Not sure I want to get chlorine on my new color yet. When I was laying there and she was washing my hair she told me not to move, that she was going to wax my brows. What??? My hair is so light that no one sees my brows. So she even dyed them to mach my hair and then waxed them. OMG. Not sure I want to have that done again, lol. It really wasn't that bad, just freaky.

Hi ya'll.

I'm here...reading and chugging along. Sorry, I am in a funk and not feeling like talking too much.

Work is still stressful...three weeks out! I left work for the first time before 6:30 pm yesterday and today. I am grateful for my job but not impressed at all with this system we are using.

Had a couple of margaritas tonight to help me sleep. I will check in tomorrow.

Have a good one.

Hey all

running out in 10 mins

Kat - my original 10 years old is starting to fade a little and if it was not next to one that is only 2 years old, it would not look bad at all. I do take very good care of my skin

although, I might have my dragon fly and butterflly touched up with color. It almost surprises me they still look great with all the sun I get

well i have to finish my coffee, have to be to work for 6

Hi!

Busy day today. I have a memorial service at church this AM, church work to take care of and get my hair cut this afternoon.

We need to put a fence up and we got the estimate, nearly $4,000! :) This is for a wire fence. Not wood. No wood to be found in fact. I don't know how we're going to pay for it.

Hope y'all have a great day!

Hey girls. Home from a very busy morning. The first Thursday is always our Family Breakfast. We had a great time. Left there and went to the pool store to return my goggles. I bought them last monday and tried them out and they leaked, so I replaced them. From there we drove to the Doc's office and sat for 1 1/2 till we got in. His assistant came in and we went over everything. All is good. So I was released from him. I still have the restrictions but I don't need to go back unless something (God forbid) comes up. Good news.

Now I'm resting for awhile before I have to go into work at 3pm. No swimming today.

Michelle, we had a vinyl fence put in for about 1/3 of our yard. It was over 3 thousand for that. I called and got an estimate for the rest of the yard and they wanted over 8 thousand for it. My BIL said he could install it so we bought the supplies from the company and paid a little over 3 thousand for the materials. I wanted a wood fence but hubby and the fence guy talked me into the vinyl. Glad they did, no more animals in our back yard. They can't climb it. I love the privacy but miss the openess of the chainlink. Who knew fencing was so expensive.

Kat, you getting excited about your trip? Also, sometime in the next few weeks can you pm me a list of Motels in your area?

See ya tonight after I get home from work.