Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Morning all

working 10-12 hr days this week, nice for paycheck but I'm exhausted. Going in late today (6:30) go me!

Angela - I'm so sorry you are having issues, i hope it helps and you start to feel better

Cindy - we don't start school until the Wed after Labor Day, so we still have a little time left

Suzanne - nice pics - you look great too btw

Tracy - hey sister! glad Macy had nice Bday. and yes I talk to George every day - I wonder what is going to happen to us after this weekend, He misses me, speaking of he just sent my good morning text

I so can't wait for ZacBrown this weekend... ok the entire weekend

off to get ready for work

Hope Kat is having a great time

Angela, sorry about the unill but I know how much better you must be feeling. I had 4cc's taken out before my surgery and my aspiration problems have gone away. I love it but know I still need to have my hernia repaired. I go see the Doc this next monday. But in the mean-time I have had to work really hard at not eating everything I can get my hands on. It is so hard. I try to do the WW mindset and watch my calories. That seems to help a little. Good luck to you.

Jenn, I don't know if it is as hot there as it is here but becareful working so much in the heat. And have a great time at the Zac Brown concert. That sounds like so much fun. They look like they would put on a great concert.

Kids are almost back to school here. Love it.

Cindy, I still remember enough spanish from living in L.A. to get by with. I understand it a little better than I can speak it. But I would love to be very fluent at it.

Hi Tracy.

Off to work, have a great day.

Home from work, Hobby Lobby, Deals, and the Bank. Got my shoes off, a bowl of hot oatmeal and a movie on the DVR. I'm set.

Tracy, I started back to work today, and tonight was "prep night". The parents get to come and pay the fees, fill out papers, bring supplies and meet the teachers. It was supposed to be from 5-7, but the last parent didn't leave until 7:40! It made for a long day, since I arrived at work at 7:15 this morning. However, I like the fact that we have parents that care, so it is good. Tomorrow is another teacher work day and the students come on Wednesday. I wish I had an extra $500. I REALLY need to get Rosetta Stone to learn Spanish. I have 6 ELL students and 3 of the parents don't speak English at all. I would love to be able to better communicate with them.:thumbup:

Suzie, I loved the pics!

Cindy-every time I read a post of yours talking about your job and students, I love you more! How many teachers/people would really want to learn another language for their job?! I admire that about you! The summer flew by didnt it?

Hi ya'll,

LOL, Suzie!

I carried my butt on down to the LAP-BAND®® doctor and ended up getting my band completely unfilled today.

rut-roh....be careful! Trust me on that one! I know it will help your issues though! I hate that you have been feeling bad!

I have been miserable/whiny/grouchy because I can't sleep without waking up with crap in my throat. This has been going on for way too long :tongue: .

I suffered from GERD before the band and now it seems to be back. I have been taking Prilosec for several weeks now and while it has helped, it never fully eliminated the problem. Getting pregnant with Macy cured mine. Weird huh? Never had to refill my meds after during my pregnancy or after I had her. Strange!

So...the doctor removed everything and wants me to stay completely unfilled for a while to see if that will make it stop.

Lord, give me strength! ;)

I hope you guys have a good night. Wish me luck on a more restful night's sleep myself...

Angela

Morning all

working 10-12 hr days this week, nice for paycheck but I'm exhausted. Going in late today (6:30) go me!

Angela - I'm so sorry you are having issues, i hope it helps and you start to feel better

Cindy - we don't start school until the Wed after Labor Day, so we still have a little time left

Suzanne - nice pics - you look great too btw

Tracy - hey sister! glad Macy had nice Bday. and yes I talk to George every day - I wonder what is going to happen to us after this weekend, He misses me, speaking of he just sent my good morning text

I so can't wait for ZacBrown this weekend... ok the entire weekend how far away is he? any chance he will ever get back in your driection on a more permanant basis? Oh well, make the weekend a GREAT one. Focus on today. Love ya sista!

off to get ready for work

Hope Kat is having a great time

Home from work, Hobby Lobby, Deals, and the Bank. Got my shoes off, a bowl of hot oatmeal and a movie on the DVR. I'm set.
What movie? I did not know you lived in LA?! When and for how long and what made you move?

Everyone-well, macy is all registered. Her meet-the-teacher night is Thursday. She is excited. All of her school supplies are bought as well. I just LOVE that the schools sell them now. Sure makes life easier AND i know she is getting the correct supplies she needs...not to mention to fighting the people in the stores!! Still need to shop for school clothes but that is doable. I wonder when the tax free weekend is? I will shopthe following Monday, LOL. It is worth it to me to just pay the tax and not deal with the idiots. :tongue:

Have a great rest of the day everyone.

Michelle-are you present and accounted for? :(

Tracy, are you asking me about L.A.? I was actually born there and lived there till I was 21 years old. Moved here to MO. and love it. I wouldn't move back for nothing. Hubby and I are going out there for a wedding and if it wasn't for that I wouldn't be going. I have no desire to go back there again. I miss alot but this is home now.

The movie I watched was called "Duplicity". I wasn't impressed with it. I fell asleep towards the end and woke up in time to watch the last 20 minutes of it.

Hubby came out around 12:30 and we went swimming for about an hour. Now I'm gonna sit and sew for awhile.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Tracy, are you asking me about L.A.? I was actually born there and lived there till I was 21 years old. Moved here to MO. and love it. I wouldn't move back for nothing. Hubby and I are going out there for a wedding and if it wasn't for that I wouldn't be going. I have no desire to go back there again. I miss alot but this is home now.

The movie I watched was called "Duplicity". I wasn't impressed with it. I fell asleep towards the end and woke up in time to watch the last 20 minutes of it.

Hubby came out around 12:30 and we went swimming for about an hour. Now I'm gonna sit and sew for awhile.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

hmm, i learn something new every day! So today I learned this AND that today is National Smores Day! :)

National Smores Day??? LOL! Step away from the smores, Tracy....

You guys, I slept like a baby last night!!!! On my favorite flat pillows to boot! I can't believe I waited this long to get something done.

I still hope you get to swing by our way, Suzie. We would certainly find some margaritas to get into!

Jenn....Zac Brown?? Love them! I really like their song "Free". Have fun with that!

Hi Cindy! You have a great attitude about teaching. I noticed it with your summer school issues. I wish there were more teachers like you!

Michelle....Mmmmmmiiiiiicccccchhhhheeellllleeeee????????

I hope Kat is having a blast as well! I would love to be on vacation right now. Give these IT guys at work a little more time to work the kinks out, ya know?? LOL.

Have a good night!

Angela

I'm here! Thanks for checking on me! :)

Busy day today. On the phone a lot. I hate the phone. Funny cuz I used to LOVE the phone. Now? Not so much.

We're trying to find a home for a truckbed shell that's been sitting in the backyard for the last ?? years. I honestly can't remember how long it's been sitting there. Been way too long, I know that!

Anyway, I posted a "free for the taking" ad on a local site. These people contacted me Sunday about it. They wanted to come get it this AM but they had to wait and see if something else was going to play out so they'd just make one trip. Well, after waiting all morning, they let me know that they won't be here today. They'll try again tomorrow! UGH! And now they want help with it!!!! Ummm, no! I keep hurting my back, it's sore right now, I am NOT helping lift a camper shell onto a truck! I'm getting a little frustrated. It's FREE!!!! For the TAKING! Means if you want it, come get it... NOW!!!

DH got called back to work today. So he only had 2 days off this week. DD doesn't like it. I mean, she's ok but she misses him. We both like it when he's home. <sigh> It'll help pay my mom back faster for the fence. Always a bright side!

So. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully the camper shell will be gone!

Angela, I'm so glad to hear you had a great night of sleep! Wonderful news!

Have a great Wednesday y'all!!!

Oh and Cindy - I hope and pray that when DD gets to "big kid" school, she has teachers like you thru-out her school career! HUGS!!

Michelle-I had issues like that when we moved and I had free stuff on craigslist. People amaze me! lol

Angela-so glad you slept better. I had to LOL @ your flat pillow. Mine is flat as a pancake....and if I had to get a new one I would never be able to sleep again!

This time 7 years ago I was in labor. I love reliving it in my mind. I would give anything to do it again but God saw fit for me to have just one....so I am fine with it. She is more than I ever expected anyway. I know it sounds crazy but I wish she would have been twins. Twins NOW, not twins when she was a baby. LOL

Have a great day ladies! :)

:w00t::musical_note:Happy Birthday to Macy:musical_note::blush:

And:present: Many:present: More:)

Happy Birthday, Macy!!!

Campershell is GONE!!!! It just left and the people are thrilled with it. Glad it's going to someone who can use it. And REALLY glad it's outta here!!! :thumbup:

Going to the Farmer's Market tonight then to see DH at work.

Have a great night!

Thank you ladies for thinking so highly of me. I really do LOVE what I do, even on the days when it is extremely difficult.

Today was the first day of school and it actually flew by. My partner teacher and I didn't get through nearly everything we had planned. Well, there is always tomorrow. This week is for teaching rules and procedures, so we don't HAVE to start real lessons until Monday.

Angela, I am glad you slept well last night!

Happy Birthday, Macy!

My youngest started his junior year today. His high school, which is the same one my daughter graduated from, is undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation. It is a big, majestic-looking school that is basically falling apart. So, in order to accomplish this, they have moved all of the students to a high school that was closed 2 years ago. This school was built to hold 700 students. My son's high school has approximately 1400! When we went to orientation last week, I couldn't find any bathrooms or Water fountains, but I found out some do exist. Josh came home today and said he found 6 restrooms in the entire school. Each boys' restroom is an 8 x 12 room with one stall and no urinals, plus there are two toilets (not in a stall) in the weight room in the gym. That equals 8 toilets total! The trailers they moved in to help with the overflow of students don't have running water in them, so the bathrooms in them are not usable. In addition to this, only two water fountains could be found and those were located in the gym. Did I forget to remind y'all that I in live in southern Louisiana where the heat index is over 100 each day?!?!?! You live in the heat too, so you know what it is like. If parents complain, they would gladly tell us pull our kids out, since the school has a very long waiting list. It is the number 4 high school in our state and is a nationally ranked school of excellence. Therefore, even though it is outrageous conditions, we are expected to grin and shut up or pull them out. So, my son will finish his last two years of high school like this.:thumbup: Ok, dear friends, I think that was my rant for the week.

Oh Cindy! Your poor son!! That sucks!!!! You have every right to rant. I hope nothing happens to a student b/c of all of this!

Cindy-that is totally unacceptable. Seems like something could be done. A brand new school could be built faster than in 2 years! That is really horrible. I feel bad for your son. :thumbup: