Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Morning ya'll

wow I feel like I was just here... oh wait... I was

Have a wonderful...

G'morning, Jenn. Good luck on your test today!

Good morning everyone~

hmmmmm, where is Angela? I guess I have to go to Walmart today and find her :thumbdown: I hope everything is OK with her uncle.

Debbie? Shar? Michelle? Come out come out wherever you are!

Everyone have a great day!

Good Luck today Jenn.

Off to the gym.

See ya soon.

So Darrell and I go to the gym this morning and I walked almosta mile on the treadmill and then did 2 miles on the bike. Came home and fixed some oatmeal and called my friend Michelle. I drove over to her place which is about 5 miles from here. She lives at a lake and we took the dog and off we went. We walked for a little while and then took a trail thru the woods that brings you out at a park. From there we took the road back to her house. It was such a great walk along the shoreline of the lake and there is a great litle breeze blowing. So I did a total of about 4.7 miles today and I still have to go work at the Hospital this evening.

We ran across this tree in our walk. I guess I will have to look it up to see what it is. If you know, give me a holler.

post-214709-13813139627759_thumb.jpg

No earthly idea Suzanne, how big are those pod things?

Work was much slower today, busy, but not crazy so! Having a good turn out so far. Got off work, went to lunch with the woman I worked early voting in the primary with, and then went and picked up Izzy.

She rode sitting in the seat calmly, walked on her leash wonderfully, and has been exploring. Megan and Kinsey have her in the back yard now. So far so good. The neighbors have a rottweiller, and he barked at her, she actually barked back, I had never heard her bark, and her hair on her back stood up!!! Then he barked again, and her tail went to wagging! LOL

So far so good. She went out and immediately did her potty jobs outside, so unsure if she had been trained before, or it was just luck, but I praised her like crazy!!! Hope it is training, and not a fluke!

I am wondering about our MIA people too, I see Michelle on here same time I am, so hope to see her post! Hint Hint!

I told you Rick has a soft heart, well last night before bed, he asks me if I had a roast in the freezer. I said yeah, and ask if he was hungry for it, he said not especially, but the pound smells like death to him, and he wanted the dog to smell good things, to associate this with good things, no more death! So I have a roast bubbling away, and dinner is done! Yay! And it DOES smell good!

Jenn, be careful girl, you are putting in lots of long hours!

Your picture looked great! Did the shirt from Sturgis fit you? Looks like it might have been too big!

Well, going to go share in the training of this dog, what is and is not allowed! Wish me luck! Of course Rick is in the field and working late.

I come home, and he has been here, he had to go out on a job, that he had to be clean shaven for, so he come home and shaved the stache and goatee off.....HATE that!

See ya in awhile!

No earthly idea Suzanne, how big are those pod things?

Work was much slower today, busy, but not crazy so! Having a good turn out so far. Got off work, went to lunch with the woman I worked early voting in the primary with, and then went and picked up Izzy.

She rode sitting in the seat calmly, walked on her leash wonderfully, and has been exploring. Megan and Kinsey have her in the back yard now. So far so good. The neighbors have a rottweiller, and he barked at her, she actually barked back, I had never heard her bark, and her hair on her back stood up!!! Then he barked again, and her tail went to wagging! LOL

So far so good. She went out and immediately did her potty jobs outside, so unsure if she had been trained before, or it was just luck, but I praised her like crazy!!! Hope it is training, and not a fluke!

I am wondering about our MIA people too, I see Michelle on here same time I am, so hope to see her post! Hint Hint!

I told you Rick has a soft heart, well last night before bed, he asks me if I had a roast in the freezer. I said yeah, and ask if he was hungry for it, he said not especially, but the pound smells like death to him, and he wanted the dog to smell good things, to associate this with good things, no more death! So I have a roast bubbling away, and dinner is done! Yay! And it DOES smell good!

Jenn, be careful girl, you are putting in lots of long hours! Yes... Yes I am, I just took a little nap before class

Your picture looked great! Did the shirt from Sturgis fit you? Looks like it might have been too big! Thank you, and Yes, it is a little big but not obnioxously (sp) big, I love it and have worn it a few times, next time I'll sanp a pic and post it

Well, going to go share in the training of this dog, what is and is not allowed! Wish me luck! Of course Rick is in the field and working late. Good Luck! I'm getting excited about my puppy, waiting to hear they are born

I come home, and he has been here, he had to go out on a job, that he had to be clean shaven for, so he come home and shaved the stache and goatee off.....HATE that!

See ya in awhile!

off to class...

Good evening,

It has been raining off and on all week, but I went for my walks anyway. It's been nice because it's cooler too.

I showed some of my coworkers before and after pics of me--some that weren't there before I got my band. I love the reaction. I went to find a friend of mine who was banded and who promised to help me post my pics, but she'd left for the day. The nerve! :thumbup:

Suzie, your walk sounds awesome! If I lived in a place like a lot of y'all do, I'd walk like that too.

Night all.

Debbie

We have a pretty extensive river trail, it winds along the river, down to some amazing Indian ruins, I like it, but have issues, that I have run onto more than one skunk along the trail!

I have to walk down about 1/2 a mile to get to the foot bridge across the river, which is not a big deal, EXCEPT, I also have to walk that 1/2 to get back home, and it is uphill!!! And by then I am tired! LOL

I will be getting the walking thing back in my life---the dog is a reality! She can only do short walks while her incision heals, they also repaired a hernia. But, we will work up to decent walks together! I like to go in the morning, would go right after putting Kinsey on the bus, but for the next month, I am working then!

The dog has settled in really well. I know she is mellow partly due to recovering from the anesthesia, but, she is not wild. She freaked out over TV. Don't think she had ever seen it before---she is still watching, I kid you not! We laughed!

I have pictures of her and Kinsey in her kennel.....together. Hope she sleeps well in it tonight.

Well I am off to bed, the alarm goes off really early!!!

Suzie, did you find out about the tree????

Morning all

off to work - have a good day

Hi :thumbup: The name of this thread attracted me so I hope it's OK to say hello and hopefully get to know some of you x

Hi :thumbup: The name of this thread attracted me so I hope it's OK to say hello and hopefully get to know some of you x

Welcome, and an early good morning to you!

Thank you very much! Hope you're well x I am from the UK , just about to have some lunch :thumbup:

I found this site on a google search and I am really excited.

I belong to a Weight Loss Surgery forum with mainly UK members and it's very anti band ..most members are bypassers and support is very thin on the ground.

Hi :wink2: The name of this thread attracted me so I hope it's OK to say hello and hopefully get to know some of you x

Hello there :thumbup: Glad you came in. We have some veteran bandsters, some newly banded and some in between. We have a very special group of ladies and one gentleman (I use that term loosely, lol. j/j/ Plain)

Tell us about yourself....stick around, we love new people :thumbup:

Good morning all-

Kat-sounds like Izzy is settling in well! When we first got our dog when I was a child....he would watch TV. Remember that show Rhoda? He watched the entire show. LOL

My Celexa has been making me queasy...will take a couple of weeks to get used to it again. I hate this feeling, but I FEEL better mentally, so I can handle the side effects!

Have a good one everyone! :thumbup:

Hi Tracy! Thanks so much :thumbup:

Well I had my band placed in July 2008 and I am trying to get back into some losses now.

I had a defill back in early April this year and since then I have been repeatedly losing and regaining the same 6lbs!

Hoping to see goal next year and beat my crazy emotional eating !