Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Happy Saturday morning!!

Guess where I am? ...Nevermind! That is too easy. I was just telling Tracy that I hate giving up my Saturdays but the money is just too good to pass up. Besides that, Mike is working again as well. This is what I refer to as shut-down season. The chemical plants peridically shut down a unit for repairs and they tend to work round the clock. I heard Mike's cell phone ring after midnight last night...grrr!

Debbie, thank you! I went from not being a talker (a lurker actually) to not being able to shut up. I really enjoy this group and having a place to come and laugh/vent.

I don't work for Walmart directly. I work in the maritime industry. I will PM you with a little more info (I'm weary of putting it on a public forum).

It is pure coincidence that Tracy and I keep seeing each other in Walmart, lol. I love it too!

I am soooo excited! It is finally fire-pit weather. My car thermometer was reading 60 degrees this morning. It's not Jennifer or Suzie or Kat's kind of cold, but I'll take it! I love nothing more that to sit outside at night around the pit on my swing with a cup of coffee. I love, love, love the changing of the seasons. It just seems to do something to your mood, you know? I feel refreshed (you know...that probably has more to do with not having to bath in deodorant! Good riddance humidity!!!!!!!).

Kat, what to do with your mother in law??? Good grief!

Cindy, have fun at the game! We too are goofballs that overdue our spirit....bulldog flip-flops, sequin shirts and hats! I draw the line at letting my hubby paint his chest and go shirt-less. Just kidding, he wouldn't dare!! LOL. Sorry Tracy if you just spewed in your coffee!

Gotta get back to it...

Have a great day!

Angela

Edited by AngelaW

Hey all

quick check in, have a few minutes

Have been having a wonderful 2 nights with George, only had class for 1 hour last night so he is totally pampering me. we slept in til 8 this am, I forgot how well I sleep with him

Well I'm going to relax a little bit we are going to dinner tonight and maybe a movie, maybe just hang here with a fire and a movie

Hey all

quick check in, have a few minutes

Have been having a wonderful 2 nights with George, only had class for 1 hour last night so he is totally pampering me. we slept in til 8 this am, I forgot how well I sleep with him

Well I'm going to relax a little bit we are going to dinner tonight and maybe a movie, maybe just hang here with a fire and a movie

Awwww :smile2: You SO deserve to be happy like this!!

I am with Angela....LOVE this cooler weather we are having. We take what we can get down here...lol

Well, my ladies and Plain...I realized I don't really LIKE daytime games. I am sunburnt and freckled now. Not a really good look for me.:smile2: It was also quite an embarrassing game, but we DID win, so it's all good in the end. I am attaching a pre-burnt pic of me and dh. This is before kick-off...by half time I was burnt!

Tailgating can really wear you out!

It is shower and bed time!

post-40009-1381313960109_thumb.jpeg

Hey!

thank you Michelle. I'm glad you enjoy the music. My original CD features piano, but I added other stuff, too. Most people who listen to it say it's very relaxing, which is nice.

I'm glad you're feeling better and your voice is back. A little more rest and you'll be back to normal. Doesn't look like you're going to get that this weekend, though, does it?

I went shopping with my roomy and her niece, came back and went on the treadmill. I haven't done that in quite a while, and it feels good.

Talk to y'all later!

Debbie

Morning ya'll

I went to bed at 9 and up at 7:30 and I could have gone back to sleep, but have to get up and ready for open house at FD.

Last night was homecoming dance - first before you look, I look sloppy - I don't normally wear shirts that big because the bunches around little buldges makes them look like huge buldges

and no... I have not shurnk... I'm still 5'5... my daughter is (or was 6 months ago) 5'9" and had on heals.

What's everyone up to today?

It's freezing here... ok cold. 40's this am, I had to put on sweats, long sleeve shirt and socks to get out of bed, tonight might be a great night to have a fire.

post-215289-13813139601311_thumb.jpg

Morning ya'll

I went to bed at 9 and up at 7:30 and I could have gone back to sleep, but have to get up and ready for open house at FD.

Last night was homecoming dance - first before you look, I look sloppy - I don't normally wear shirts that big because the bunches around little buldges makes them look like huge buldges

[ATTACH]20328[/ATTACH]

and no... I have not shurnk... I'm still 5'5... my daughter is (or was 6 months ago) 5'9" and had on heals.

What's everyone up to today?

It's freezing here... ok cold. 40's this am, I had to put on sweats, long sleeve shirt and socks to get out of bed, tonight might be a great night to have a fire.

We are sitting here in sweats as well, even though it is only in the 50s outside. I won't turn the heater on until dh cleans it, so he said it is definitely getting cleaned TODAY. Oh, and my sunburn from the game yesterday has me looking quite a bit like a crazy raccoon. :smile2:

I love the pic. She looks amazing, and yes, tall. I hope she had a great time.

Awww Cindy, I am sorry you got burnt. Thanks for posting a pic though!! :smile2:

Jenn-do you even realize how terrific you look? :thumbup: I am so proud of you! Your dd looks fabulous too but I cant get over YOU!!! ((((hugs))))

Debbie-i sure wish i had a treadmill. There is a workout room here at our apartment complex...so i guess i really do not have too much of an excuse!

It looks like our quiet vacant apartment upstairs is not vacant anymore. But it seems like they dont stomp either, thank GOD!

DH started work days today and macy is still gone until later so I am here alone and the quiet is just what the dr ordered. My mom is coming over to visit today and to drop macy off and it will be so niced to see her! I wish she lived here by me.

Have a great day everyone!!

Hey all

Cindy - thanks and she did have a great time, said it was the best dance she has been to

Tracy - HELLO... this is me... of course I don't see how I look to other people ROFL

Really - you know I tell myself at least once a day how fat I look when I pass a mirror

How did you enjoy your quiet day?? Sometimes they are always good.

Just home from FD - nice turn out long day

off to have dinner and get ready for the week

Hey y'all~

Yesterday I went to get my hair cut, and Rick went to an (insert shudder here) auction. Without me. Without me, to keep his bidding arm down....We spent all morning hauling home his "haul" O.M. G.

We have a Dixon lawn mower. To me this looks like an old space age lawn mower, with levers as opposed to a steering wheel etc. He says it is a DEAL It is supposedly a $4-5000.00 dollar mower (like who in their right mind????) and he bought it for under a hundred. He stole a battery off of a motorcycle at the rally to test it. He give the battery back, but he borrowed it I guess!!! "We" also bought a pallet full of T posts. While in TX we bought 20 T posts, and spent $87.00 for them, over $6 a piece!!! Normally we drop more in, but they were so high priced we quit with 20. This pallet has close to 200 on it, and we got it for $80.00. I refer to that purchase as a WE because even if I had been there I would have encouraged that buy!!! The lawnmower would have been a whatever...... Then when I was with him before going to get my hair cut I found this totally cool chest of drawers, it is an antique I suppose----but only in the sense that I am too!!! It is long 45" long----and has 4 drawers, but above the drawers is this section that has what looks like a sideways roll top desk---that slides open to reveal 6 slide out sections. It is pretty sweet. I made the mistake of saying how cool it was....it is now too big in my room.....Rick bought it! He also bought corrugated metal sheets----48, 20 foot sheets. WTH???? We wanted some to make the roof on the new shed addition, but not that much! Of coursethe $20 bucks he paid for all of it, woul dnot have bought a single sheet for our roof, but now we have to store this!!! Ay yi yi....lol

So between hauling that, the new dog run, and all we have done---yard sales and auctions----it feels like we spent a small fortune, and we really didn't....but I am exhausted! I got the chest of drawers changed out with my old dresser, now have to figure out something for my old dresser.....it is not over yet!!! lol

Cindy with all the riding we do, I tend to get the racoon look if I am not really careful with the sunscreen! Or if I wear a do rag, my forehead will be white and the rest of my face will tan!!! LOL

The dog has been officially named Izzy---she kind of cocks her ears at that----and Kinsey calls her Dizzy Izzy because she spins and dances! Rick wanted to name her Stinker Bell! I did not want her called Stinky! LOL

We took my Dad to dinner today. Tomorrow is his birthday, Rick's Dads birthday, and Abbeys birthday. We took his Dad out several times in TX, so just went with my folks, and Manda and Kinsey.

Well, hope everyone had a good weekend. I am going to go start laundry. Trying to get ready to go back to work on Tuesday. Looking forward to it, but....I am tired.

Having some stomach problems, kind of has me worried. My stomach has felt "sour" for well over a week, without ever going completely away. Over night is the worst, I wake up burping the rotten egg taste, and it eases through the day, but never fully goes away. Then the next morning, it is bad again. Going to hope it is just slow going away. Trying to improve my diet, and cut my portions down......unsure of WHAT would cause it.

Oh well.......see ya later!!!

Hey guys.

Jenn, those pictures are great and you look awesome. Quit being so hard on yourself, you have done great and I for one am proud of you. Your daughter is beautiful.

Kat, hope your tummy gets to feeling better. I know I feel beter after having a few days of the flu. Now just need to get a little sleep and all will be well.

My younger sis and I drove out to Sibley today to go get apples. I haven't been there in about 4 years. Last year we drove out to Kansas and decided that was to far to go. So I had my mouth set for some apple cider donuts. They don't make them there. My heart was broke. I was really wanting some. I did end up buy a couple of pumpkins and some apple jelly, so it wasn't a toatl loss. Maybe next weekend I can drive out to Louisburg and get my donuts, it's only once a year.

Tonight hubby and I went to our first class at church. He has decided to join and now will have to take classes. So I am going with him to make him feel more comfortable and take notes for him. lol. He'll also be able to ask me questions. I'm really excited for him and hope that he keeps going strong.

I really need to get my butt in gear. I have that 5K coming up in a few weeks and really need to get my endurance up.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Good Morning ya'll

Thanks Suzanne - I know but its what I've done for years, I don't know if I'll ever see myself like I am

Kat - that is amazing, you got some good deals!

I have class this week, and then no school for a week! I am going to get caught up on yard work and get everything in the back yard "Puppy proofed" before the snow starts. Going to get the garage cleaned out and ready to start parking in there. I need a new garage door opener next week too. That is one thing I'm not living without

Every week I'm going to get a xmas present or 2 and so I can be done - the 800 dog is the big present but I still have a little one and Santa has to come. His big santa present is a new bike.

Summer is over now time to spend on winter stuff. LOL

Hope you all have a great day - It is cold here only going to be 57 today, I'm not sure if I'm ready for this. Have out a turtle neck and going to wear my winter coat

I'm off, 15 mins to leave

Christmas?...I do not even want to think about it. I know I am taking my Celexa again, but...why purposely stress myself out. LOL

Kat-sorry to hear that your tummy is upset. I hope it is just something a little better diet can remedy!

Everyone have a fantastic day. :)

I sure will be glad when they finish remodeling our Wal-Mart. It's been 2 weeks since I have been there and I still can't find anything.

The chimney sweep was supposed to come at 3pm today, he just called and wants to come at 1:30. Good thing my house is somewhat clean.

A lady that was banded that lives about 4 miles from here came over today and we went fr a walk. she brought her dog. We had a good time.

Be back soon.