Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Morning Girls.

Up and getting ready for work then off to Breakfast with my group. We do this about every 3 months so that we can keep in touch with each other. It's a lot of fun. Then I have to go back to work this evening.

Debbie. My husband and I volunteer at our local hospital. We have been doing it for about 3 1/2 years now and absolutely love it. I too also get a good feeling when I leave there knowing that I made a little impact on someones life. Even if it's just if I opened a door, delivered a pump, helped a nurse or got a Water pitcher, it just brings a high to my life. Even hubby seems a little more humble when we get home.

Yesterday we waited for my nephew to come over to help us get the steps out. He said he was going to wait till after the San Diego game. Well, that meant that it would be about 6:30pm before they would get here. So BIL came up and helped hubby and I pull the steps out. Got the chemicals put in and stirred up. Today hubby will finish draining and then we will put the cover on. I may look into having it done next year. Seems like it would be a lot easier.

Yesterday I noticed that my back hurt some. Nothing real bad.Like maybe I had overused it a little. This morning it is the same way. Then I figured it out. The temps have been getting down in the low fifties and I'm thinking because of the surgery that it's just tightening up. Great, another thing to look forward to as I get older. My knees already let me know when it's going to rain or snow.

Hi Kat. We miss you.

Have a great day.

Good morning friends~

Just sitting here having coffee, thinking. Prob should not do that too long, it can get depressing, lol.

I have been thinking about starting to take my antidepressants again but then I realize that the tears I cry are tears that are well deserved. Taking a pill to cover up my emotions is the same thing as eating to cover them up, it doesn't do me any good. If anything, it makes my situation worse! SO, that leaves the logical thing....i need to fix my issues I am going through. Easier said than done?...maybe, but well worth it in the end. I know where I need to begin, now I need to actually take hold of the reigns and DO it. Good Lord, I sound like Dr Phil. :yesnod:

As Jenn says....Have a wonderful....?! :sneaky: I like leaving it blank. We can fill it in with whatever we want. For Suzanne I am quite sure it will be something nasty. :smile:

ttyl...

Hi Plain

I see you - isn't it some insane hour where you are?

Indeed it was! I work Mon / Tuesdays days and Wed / Thurs nights.

Oh cute, Tracy!!! LOL. I am wearing my "I fear no deer" t-shirt tonight to the football game (Sorry Plain...it is camo...not transparent, tee-hee!!).

Thanks for ruining the fantasy!! J/K

Trey---I am going to Comanche....a small town SE of Abilene. Between Brownwood and Stephenville. Will PM you a ph. # if it is anywhere near you, give us a call and we will try to meet up!

Ok, Let me look at the map & check my schedule

So... 2:30 I got a FD call and this was it, I decided it was going to be my first call, there has been 3 since I joined but have not been able to go. So, middle of the night I get up and throw on clothes and out the door I go.

Car accident on country road at 2:30 - my first thought was Drunk... I was so right, and probably good other FD was there and secured the scene just as we got there - Kids head was completely wrapped, car rolled, hit a tree, spun around and hit another tree, it was only 1/4 mile on the start of the road and his dd who dropped him off when he hopped in the car was right behind him and saw the entire thing.

Yikes. I have a lot of respect for first responders. I worked for many years as the respiratory therapist in a trauma center (I bet I can still intubate), but I don't know if I could treat "on scene". That is....intense.

Because I don't have anything better to do with my time... I am going to have a "Toy" party 11/13, and no it is not for children..

I've been screwing around all day

Is the one thing directly related to the first thing? :smile:

College football games can be so much fun. My daughter is having a blast. I am posting the pic of her tailgating at her first LSU game as a student below.

She's pretty. Waaaaay too pretty to be goint to LSU, Heh heh....

It sounds kind of corny, but it's rewarding for me to feel like I'm making people feel good, even if it's just for a little while. I got a really nice letter from the executive director saying they've received so many positive comments about "how warm and soothing" my music is, and people have come up saying that I make them cry, and other things that fill me with wonder, for lack of a better phrase.

That is so cool. I wish I could play the piano. How can I hear your stuff, deb?

I have been thinking about starting to take my antidepressants again but then I realize that the tears I cry are tears that are well deserved. Taking a pill to cover up my emotions is the same thing as eating to cover them up, it doesn't do me any good

I agree. People are sad sometimes. Sometimes we go through stuff difficult enough to make us cry. Now, chronic crying / depression is another thing entirely (IMO). I think you're pretty schmart for figuring out the difference. Now don't go and tell anybody I was handing out compliments, or everybody will want one, mmm'k?

I agree. People are sad sometimes. Sometimes we go through stuff difficult enough to make us cry. Now, chronic crying / depression is another thing entirely (IMO).

I agree too. When I started taking them a while back I was a total mess and I really did need them. Now it is just run of the mill, regular, 'I need to get my act together' sadness.

I think you're pretty schmart for figuring out the difference. Now don't go and tell anybody I was handing out compliments, or everybody will want one, mmm'k?

OK, I won't tell anyone. :smile: Thank you.

That last post looks like hell, but I am too lazy to fix it! :smile:

Debbie-I hope your reader does not scream when it sees a tacky looking post. That was horrible! hahaha

Angela....you are gonna LOVE this.

Macy (my shy daughter, LOL) and I went to sell some of her girl scout stuff today. While we were in the car I tell her, "you know what we should do? We should ask Angela if she would like to buy something." Macy lights up and responds, "mom, that is such a great idea! lets go to Walmart and find her". LOL!!!

Hi everybody,

I'm at lunch. My supervisor doesn't let me have a computer at my desk, because he says there's not enough room. I think he's just evil. He's nice enough except when it comes to that. there's enough down time between calls sometimes that i could check emails--all work related, of course! :yesnod:

Suzie, I'm glad you know what I mean about how good it feels. I've only been at this hospital for a year, but I think I'll keep playing there for quite some time. At least, I hope so. Take care of that back.

Tracy, my screenreader didn't say a thing, so I'll have to make it tell me what happened! :smile:

I'm taking antidepressants, have been for quite some time. My therapist told me for years that my depression is chemical, and I have to say that since I got over myself and started taking them, I feel better. I don't just sit, not able to function now. I guess it takes the edge off. I'm sending you huge cyberhugs, and hoping that you work through everything, and come out on the other side.

Plain, I have an original CD on cdbaby.com. If you enter my name, I forget if I have Debbie or just D, and my last name, Lawrence, you should find me. The CD is called Life Tides.

(you'll also get to see what I look like, but just remember those pictures are kind of old! Not that my looks have improved any! LOL!)

Debbie

Edited by serenity55

Indeed it was! I work Mon / Tuesdays days and Wed / Thurs nights.

Yuck - I thought I was the only one up at that hour

Yikes. I have a lot of respect for first responders. I worked for many years as the respiratory therapist in a trauma center (I bet I can still intubate), but I don't know if I could treat "on scene". That is....intense.

My kids have asthma and I've spent way too much time in hospital for days on end getting them to breathe for 16 years - I GIVE YOU ALL THE CREDIT IN THE WORLD! I am still in class and as I'm first on scene didn't treat, I don't know how I'll react, but I was running on a rush. We will see how it goes and yes it was very intense

Is the one thing directly related to the first thing? :yesnod:

ROFL - I am speechless..

I agree. People are sad sometimes. Sometimes we go through stuff difficult enough to make us cry. Now, chronic crying / depression is another thing entirely (IMO). I think you're pretty schmart for figuring out the difference. Now don't go and tell anybody I was handing out compliments, or everybody will want one, mmm'k?

HEY!!! where's mine ... lol
Good morning friends~

Just sitting here having coffee, thinking. Prob should not do that too long, it can get depressing, lol.

I have been thinking about starting to take my antidepressants again but then I realize that the tears I cry are tears that are well deserved. Taking a pill to cover up my emotions is the same thing as eating to cover them up, it doesn't do me any good. If anything, it makes my situation worse! SO, that leaves the logical thing....i need to fix my issues I am going through. Easier said than done?...maybe, but well worth it in the end. I know where I need to begin, now I need to actually take hold of the reigns and DO it. Good Lord, I sound like Dr Phil. :sneaky:

Tracy - my sweet tracy - I agree with you 100% - remember how much crying I did. Don't get me wrong, I've tried to get off my meds, but you know what, I need them - not for depression but they really knock down my OCD issues and anxiety, but I can cry on them. I am in a much better place and if I did it,... HELL, anyone can do it. LOL

You gave me great advice and support and I'd never have survived without you guys ( I'm so glad I am here with the homeless - that's all I can say

xoxoxo

As Jenn says....Have a wonderful....?! :blink: I like leaving it blank. We can fill it in with whatever we want. For Suzanne I am quite sure it will be something nasty. :smile:

Tracy - I'm heaing to class in 30 mins and well then I have company tonight waiting for me when I get home and I'm going into work late tomorrow, getting breakfast in bed

ttyl...

Well, I have to go take a shower - have 30 minutes to get showered and leave for class. I have a test - wish me luch, i have not studied in 2 days and I'm tired and hurting.

Hope all is well

Kat - miss ya - hope you are having a wonderful trip :wink:

Tracy, your shy see-looker should be able to tell you when Angela is at Wal-Mart. That was a funny story.

Good evening....

Tracy, too funny. Tell her ANYTIME! What is she selling for Girl Scouts? I know they sell Cookies (please call me then for sure!)

Jenn, have fun! I forgot to answer your question. Zach is 14.

I am with you guys on the depression thing. I have been there myself. In fact, that is when I really started gaining weight. I don't know what the answer is but be kind to yourself.

I am at work tonight! I left here earlier, went for a long walk, made dinner and came back. I hope to be out of here by 11:00 pm. It's gonna be a long two months coming up, lol.

Michelle.....?? How are you doing?

Angela

The poor little see-looker is going to be exhausted! It might be easier for her to guess when I am NOT at Wal-mart! HA!!

Apologies. I went back and read posts again, and the toy party hasn't happened yet. Sorry.

Also, I may not have been too clear, but it's my brother that has cancer.

Kat, when you come back, you'll know that I miss you too

You're all a great group of people--haven't said that lately. :smile:.

Debbie

Tracy, your shy see-looker should be able to tell you when Angela is at Wal-Mart. That was a funny story.

Its funny because when we went to my insurance agency for her to sell, she sat at the first ladies desk and rambled on (you know how she does) and then says that she is shy. I thought that lady was gonna bust a seam laughing! Reminded me of you and Darrell. lol When she left, the lady told her "I am so glad that you aren't shy anymore".

Good evening....

Tracy, too funny. Tell her ANYTIME! What is she selling for Girl Scouts? I know they sell Cookies (please call me then for sure!) Nope, Cookies are in February. She is selling nuts & candies. I have to have the order by the 5th and it comes in about 2 weeks later. Really reasonably priced too! Do you get to leave for lunch? Maybe we can meet somewhere? I will drive the distance since you work further. Sweet ain't i? :smile:

Jenn, have fun! I forgot to answer your question. Zach is 14.

I am with you guys on the depression thing. I have been there myself. In fact, that is when I really started gaining weight. I don't know what the answer is but be kind to yourself.

I am at work tonight! I left here earlier, went for a long walk, made dinner and came back. I hope to be out of here by 11:00 pm. It's gonna be a long two months coming up, lol.

Banking! you go girl! you will need those hours to buy an ipod touch!

Michelle.....?? How are you doing?

Angela

Apologies. I went back and read posts again, and the toy party hasn't happened yet. Sorry.

Also, I may not have been too clear, but it's my brother that has cancer.

Kat, when you come back, you'll know that I miss you too

You're all a great group of people--haven't said that lately. :).

Debbie

Debbie-we think you are pretty great too!

Good morning everyone~It is nice outside! You know you are from TX if you run outside at the butt crack just to see if it is cool cause you don't wanna miss it!

I saw a news story just a little while ago about a high school football game in Washington. The players (from both teams) got together and let a 17 year old boy with down syndrome make a touchdown run. Made me cry in my first cup of coffee. They did the same thing last year with the same school. THAT is what it is all about!

Have a great day everyone!

Morning.

Just thought I'd check in. I have a bad cold. I'm headed to the doc this afternoon b/c I'm afraid it's turning into a sinus infection. Oh yay! NOT!

Have a great day, y'all!