Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Hey Girls.

Been sitting here for two days now. My ass is so sore. But I need to get this counted cross stitch done. I should finish up tonight or first thing in the morning. Good thing cause I still need to get in framed before we leave. Good thing is that I have gone thru a lot of movies and can erase them from the DVR.

Cindy, do the get detention for being late to class because they had to wait in line for the bathroom? I hope they hurry as fast as they can get to the school finished.

Another Hot one here today but they are calling for in the eighties for next week. Looking forward to it. We actually got in the pool last night as the sun was setting. It felt really good with the heat.

Have a great day.

Cindy-that is totally unacceptable. Seems like something could be done. A brand new school could be built faster than in 2 years! That is really horrible. I feel bad for your son. :)

I definitely think they could build a new school faster than this, but the school was built in 1925 and is considered a historical landmark. I believe there are also plans to build a new gym and a parking garage. I have attached a couple of pics of the original school. The second one is my son standing in front of the school when he was about 7 inches shorter a couple of years ago!

Suzie, they are allowing an extra 2 minutes to get to class...gee thanks, huh? I suggested to my son to ask to go during class if he needs to rather than get a tardy, because yes, they get detention and then suspension if they accumulate too many tardies.

post-40009-13813139520071_thumb.jpg

post-40009-13813139520183_thumb.jpg

Hey Bethany, How are you doing. Glad to see you stopping by, we've missed you.

Happy Friday the 13th.

Home from the gym. I walked on the treadmill and did my stretches. I decided to get on the bike to see how it would feel. Did pretty good so I rode for about a quarter mile, I didn't want to over do it. Feeling pretty good.

It's gonna be a hot one here today.We already have done some pool stuff getting it ready for the weekend. I'm gonna use it. Now it is off to take sis to go get her groceries.

Have a good one today.

Hi Guys

Sorry I have been MIA. I have just had the worst time with may band and have felt that if I didn't have anything positive to say then I should just stay away. I know that we all struggle with this journey but for some reason this has been extremely hard for me. I had a complete unfill in May, as I could not eat without PBing so during this time, I ate crap...ice cream etc. For the month or so that I had no fill, the fat girl that never left came back with a vengeance. All of the foods that I tried so hard to stay away from since banding like bread etc. suddenly became like a drug that I could not live without. So here I sit today, with 1cc that was put in with Fluo and it's like I have nothing. I watched the barium slowly travel down and hit the band and do what it's supposed to do but when I eat or drink the restriction I show on screen is not what I feel. The ARNP stated that she would not give me any more as I would be back within the next day as she felt I was already too tight. Of course, I was told again the kinds of foods I should stay away from etc. Hello.....I am an educated person, but not only that, if I could loose this weight with sheer will power then I would not have needed the band. So that's may story. I am less than 20 lbs. from where I had originally stared and am just sick with what I have done to myself again.

Now that I have updated you all on my failure, I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing well.

I have some things to get done here at the office but I will be back later to catch up with you all.

Bethany

Hang in there Bethany! I just had a complete unfill myself. I have been second-guessing this band thing myself. I feel like I can't find a happy medium...I am either way too tight or eating junk. I know it is in my head and that is what I struggle with.

Good morning all...be back later!

Bethany, that's why you need to come here no matter what. I went and had 4cc's taken out before my surgery and like you said. I found out real quick that the Fat Girl still lives in me. I actually ate a hamburger one day. I haven't had a hamburger since before being banded. But it's like I feel like I need to get in all the junk I can because when I go back for my fill next week, I won't be able to do that. It's a lot harder to do than I lead mysef to believe.

I was hoping to have lost 30 pounds by the time we left for our vacation, as it is, I have gained about 7 pounds. I had set that goal back in the winter time knowing that I had time to lose it. Now I hang my head in shame. But I figure I'm still a lot smaller now then when all these people seen me last.

Hang in there Bethany.

Ok, off to the pool. Be back in a little bit.

Bethany, I'm so glad you finally checked in. We are ALL struggling right now. I don't have what I need either. I was too tight and kept having to get more taken out. I am afraid to get a fill now. I have gained a few pounds but I'm trying to not go too crazy. It's so hard. I guess if it was easy, tho, we wouldn't have needed the help of surgery. Hang in there. Keep in touch with us. That's why we are here. To support each other thru good times and bad. Hugs!!!

Hey ya'll!

I ran into Tracy at Walmart and got a big ol' hug! I got to see her hubby and Macy too. She is sooo cute!

It was fun to see you again, Tracy!!

Have a good night!

Angela-it was great to see you too! We seriously need to go have coffee (or a drink) and re-catch up! You look wonderful....i am jealous of ya sexy mama! :)

Did you get my text? Did you have any luck finding ds any shoes? My WORD....that is a big ole foot!

Bethany-I am so sorry you are in a funk. We are here for you. If anyone knows the pain you are going through, it is me. I have regained all of my weight so I know what you are feeling. Just know that those feelings will go away and you will feel better about yourself. It is a long road but hang in here with us and we can help each other through it, k? :)

Everyone-strange thing happened yesterday. I got a call about 4:15 and it was a lady that had seen my resume online. (i had posted it about 3 or 4 months ago I guess). She was with a staffing agency and she has a position open and she said my resume looks like exactly what they need. Frank and I had been joking around recently and I said, "well, ya know, I guess I should start looking for work again because someone is not just gonna walk up and ring the doorbell". Wow, I was close, she called instead of ringing the doorbell! I believe in fate and things are meant to happen. So, I told her I would be there Monday mornng for the interview. Wish me luck! The starting pay is only a dollar less an hour than what I made before and I worked there for 18 years to get that much! lol Now I get to worry about what the heck I am gonna wear! I have to go buy something. I hope the boss is not prejudice against fat people. Oh well, I know what a good employee I would be and if whoever it is can not see past the physical part, I am better off not working there.

I will post again later. Have a great weekend everyone!

Angela and Tracy, that is so cool that you ran into each other at Wal Mart!

Tracy, fingers and toes crossed and LOTS of best wishes!!! Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. If it is meant to be - it will be. You just show of your beautiful self and go in with your head high. THEY need you, not the other way around!

Was getting ready to go to a memorial service this AM but a Migraine just hit me. Not going anywhere now!

Got some stuff done yesterday which was nice. Almost caught up on the laundry. Still need to do towels and sheets. If my head gets better then it might get done today.

I hope y'all have a wonderful day!

Oh Tracy, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Isn't it weird though how that came about?? But I am wishing you luck.

Michelle, so sorry about your Migraine. I have never had one but I've had a few really bad headaches. I'll keep it right at that. Hope tomorrow brings a better day for you.

Angela, That is too funny about you and Tracy running into each other. I'm working really hard at getting our schedule straight and I will let you guys know when and if I am on my way.

Jenn, you having a good weekend. How as the concert??

Hubby and I had to run to the pool store, a hose sprung a leak. Came home and did some house and yard work and then got in the pool. Swam for little over an hour. Got out and got ready for church, came home and cooked some burgers on the grill. Now it's chill out time and to bed early.

Hey Bethany, Hope your having a good day.

Oh yeah!!!! I am really excited for you Tracy. Keep us posted. Quit worrying about your weight! We all have pounds to loose and I think you are harder on yourself than anybody else would be. You are beautiful...and lots of fun :) .

Michelle...good luck with that headache. UG!! No fun...

Suzie, I sure wish we had a pool to enjoy. This weekend, I have ran back and forth between the two houses here turning on/off soaker hoses and watering my plants. They look sad!! I can see too far down between our foundation and the grass :cursing: we need rain...badly.

I hope Kat is partying it up!

How was the Zac Brown Band concert, Jenn?

Tracy...I did find shoes for Zach. Just for the record, I HATE Baybrook Mall. It is ate up with tweens that do not watch where they are going! Man, that sounded mean... What I meant to say is that I was really short on patients yesterday. Too many kids on their cell phones zig-zagging around the walkways. That mall is way too crowded for that silliness. I guess I am getting old.

I need to get started making our dinner and ironing clothes...catch yall later!

That's why I'm excited about the kids going back to school. I now have places to myself. Not that I don't like them. I like to watch a movie with out all the movement or talking. And definitely having to dodge kids at the mall.

Tracy, if I have gotten hired with my weight, I know that you will too. Besides, your personality will overshadow your weight. Good Luck.

The kids are on their way over to go swimming. I hate that they come so late on Sunday evening, but at least they are coming.

Angela and Tracy, are you guys in the Houston area? For some reason I was thinking you guys were in the Dallas area.

Angela and Tracy, that is so cool that you ran into each other at Wal Mart! THAT was way cool!

Tracy, fingers and toes crossed and LOTS of best wishes!!! Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. If it is meant to be - it will be. You just show of your beautiful self and go in with your head high. THEY need you, not the other way around! That is what is keeping me from being nervous. They called me. AND, I see now that God has a plan for me. I mean, I always knew he did but...wow, kinda like winning the lottery without buying a ticket! lol

Was getting ready to go to a memorial service this AM but a Migraine just hit me. Not going anywhere now! Hope it wasn't too bad!

Got some stuff done yesterday which was nice. Almost caught up on the laundry. Still need to do towels and sheets. If my head gets better then it might get done today.

I hope y'all have a wonderful day!

Oh Tracy, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Isn't it weird though how that came about?? But I am wishing you luck. Thanks Suzanne. I am trying not to be nervous. I am just a bit wowed over how the whole thing is happening!

Michelle, so sorry about your migraine. I have never had one but I've had a few really bad headaches. I'll keep it right at that. Hope tomorrow brings a better day for you.

Angela, That is too funny about you and Tracy running into each other. I'm working really hard at getting our schedule straight and I will let you guys know when and if I am on my way.

Jenn, you having a good weekend. How as the concert??

Hubby and I had to run to the pool store, a hose sprung a leak. Came home and did some house and yard work and then got in the pool. Swam for little over an hour. Got out and got ready for church, came home and cooked some burgers on the grill. Now it's chill out time and to bed early.

Hey Bethany, Hope your having a good day.

Oh yeah!!!! I am really excited for you Tracy. Keep us posted. Quit worrying about your weight! We all have pounds to loose and I think you are harder on yourself than anybody else would be. You are beautiful...and lots of fun :) .

Awww gee thanks...you ain't so bad yourself! lol :)

Michelle...good luck with that headache. UG!! No fun...

Suzie, I sure wish we had a pool to enjoy. This weekend, I have ran back and forth between the two houses here turning on/off soaker hoses and watering my plants. They look sad!! I can see too far down between our foundation and the grass :) we need rain...badly. I wanna see your place on the bayou. Preferablby from a deck with a margarita in hand. lol

I hope Kat is partying it up!

How was the Zac Brown Band concert, Jenn?

Tracy...I did find shoes for Zach. Just for the record, I HATE Baybrook Mall. That seriously makes 2 of us. It is ate up with tweens that do not watch where they are going! Man, that sounded mean... What I meant to say is that I was really short on patients yesterday. Too many kids on their cell phones zig-zagging around the walkways. That mall is way too crowded for that silliness. I guess I am getting old. Ummm, happens to the best of us!

I need to get started making our dinner and ironing clothes...catch yall later!

That's why I'm excited about the kids going back to school. I now have places to myself. Not that I don't like them. I like to watch a movie with out all the movement or talking. And definitely having to dodge kids at the mall.

Tracy, if I have gotten hired with my weight, I know that you will too. Besides, your personality will overshadow your weight. Good Luck. Thanks again. I am so excited/nervous!

The kids are on their way over to go swimming. I hate that they come so late on Sunday evening, but at least they are coming.

Angela and Tracy, are you guys in the Houston area? YEP....Houston area. Further for you to go unfortunately. For some reason I was thinking you guys were in the Dallas area.

Cindy-that is a beautiful school! I can see why it will take a long time to renovate! I feel so bad for the kids though!

OK guys, so I am seriously jittery about tomorrow. I am taking this one step at a time because if I dont it is a bit overwhelming. Today my mom came to town and she and I went clothes shopping because I had ZERO nice clothes. We hit paydirt at Palais Royal. I bought a really pretty skirt & blouse that I will wear tomorrow. And I got a few more blouses. When I find out what the dress code is at the job site is, then I will go get more clothes. PLEASE GOD let it be jeans!! If it is jeans, I have it covered, if not, then I HAVE to go buy more clothes. I have someone to watch macy for me tomorrow but if I get the job (even if it is just temp) I have to find a daycare that can keep her as well as pick up at her school starting next week. I am getting mixed signals from dh about the job. Part of him wants me to stay at home but he sees how excited it makes me so the other part of him is happy for me. Whew, so many emotions, so much to think about. Like I said, I will take it one thing at a time. It is just hard for me to believe I have to set an alarm for something in the morning!

Have a great night everyone! I will post in the morning while I am getting ready for the interview/work. :cursing: