Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy tuck 9/9/09!

Mini, that really stinks about the seroma. I hope he can get it all out. I am glad you are adjusting your pain meds as needed, no fun to be in pain.

Thank you for sharing the picture. I can't get over what a fine line/incision you have!!!! Awesome, indeed.

I am going to rent a recliner for a month because I don't have one. It will be electric with a tilt seat to help eject me from the chair, LOL!!!! Take care,

Mimi

Hey, a tilting electric seat would be awesome about now! I can't get out of the recliner without my hubby coming and pushing down the foot rest for me. It's really a nuisance. I hope he can get all the Fluid out too. It's kind of a bummer. The good news is, though, I can look down at my stomach and actually see my pubic area for the first time in 30 years!!

Mini:

Hopefully he'll take good care of that seroma and it's only a small bump in the road to a beautiful flat tummy. Please take it easy this weekend because resting will help you to heal better.

Take care.

Sue

Hi Mini,

Hope you are feeling a little better and the seroma is soon gone. I love your comment about your view of the lower region! I too, haven't seen mine for many years (well not without hefting my tummy out of the way). Have you bought any sexy/cute undies. I can hardly wait to get rid of my "grannie' panties. Take good care of yourself and rest. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Barb

Mini:

Hopefully he'll take good care of that seroma and it's only a small bump in the road to a beautiful flat tummy. Please take it easy this weekend because resting will help you to heal better.

Take care.

Sue

Hi Sue. I plan to do a lot of resting. The doc doesn't seem too concerned about the seroma, so I'm trying not to worry about it either. It sure looks awful right now though . . .

Hi Mini,

Hope you are feeling a little better and the seroma is soon gone. I love your comment about your view of the lower region! I too, haven't seen mine for many years (well not without hefting my tummy out of the way). Have you bought any sexy/cute undies. I can hardly wait to get rid of my "grannie' panties. Take good care of yourself and rest. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Barb

Hi Barb. Yes, it's kind of weird to be able to see a body part that's been missing for so many years! I have bought some new panties and I can't wait to wear them. I can't believe that I won't have "yuck" hanging out all over!

I am so sorry that your surgery has been postponed. It's so hard to get up the nerve to do this stuff anyway, and then to have to put it off . . .

hi mini,

sorry about the seroma...but i think you're right. these are pretty common and very solvable.

i had a knot from my inner stitches that were supposed to "dissolve"...... work it's way out to the surface. the doctor pulled it out and it bled alot. it doesnt look so good....hoping it goes away...but overall the operation is a success.

re: granny pants. i found GREAT sexy underwear online. they are called "hanky panky" they come in vibrant colors and i LOVE them. really soft lace....

but i hung onto 1-2 pair of grannies. i still use them in the gym. i wish i saved a few more ha! i dont like the thong up my butt when i'm working out ha!

glad you are loving "the new you"

josie

hi mini,

sorry about the seroma...but i think you're right. these are pretty common and very solvable.

i had a knot from my inner stitches that were supposed to "dissolve"...... work it's way out to the surface. the doctor pulled it out and it bled alot. it doesnt look so good....hoping it goes away...but overall the operation is a success.

re: granny pants. i found GREAT sexy underwear online. they are called "hanky panky" they come in vibrant colors and i LOVE them. really soft lace....

but i hung onto 1-2 pair of grannies. i still use them in the gym. i wish i saved a few more ha! i dont like the thong up my butt when i'm working out ha!

glad you are loving "the new you"

josie

I will have to look into those panties. I haven't bought anything sexy for so long that I don't even know where to start. I don't think I'd like thongs though . . . Hopefully I can find something sexy that still covers my butt!!

Mini, I hope you are not suffering, it looks painful. Thank you for posting the pictures.

Mimi

It's really not that bad. Not sure how it would be without the pain pills . . . the only thing that really hurts is that area of swelling. It's just kind of a deep ache.

Mimi, your incision is looking good, Sorry for the seroma, but it will get better, trust me, I had a wound seperation that took 4 months to heal and then I needed a revision to fix it, you will get thru this and look Marvolous!!!!! The pain pill are your friend, use them when needed, you dont need to have the pain.

Josi, I too had a couple of those inner stictches not disolve and have to be picked at to get them out.

I agree about the panties, I'm one of those that can't stand the thong up my butt, hehehe But I have been a very frequent shopper of Vistorias secret and I am proud to say I own WAYYYY to many pairs of size Medium panties in all colors and pretty fabrics. WOHOOOOO no granny panties for me anymore. :-) I'm going to have to go look online for this hanky panky panty line....

Oh yay! I went to the doc today and the swelling (I guess it was a hematoma, not a seroma) is starting to go down on its own, so he didn't drain anymore. He'll have me back in Thursday and will probably take out my stitches then if all looks well.

I can see today that the swelling is going down, as both sides are looking more symetrical. I'll probably take more pics tomorrow when I shower.

So I looked at both the hanky panky panties and online at Victoria's secret and it looks like there are lots of pretty, non-thong options available. I want some of those that are cut like a v in the front. I've always wanted to be able to wear those kind of panties.

So did anyone else feel like their thighs looked really huge after their tummy was done? I look in the mirror now and I have total thunder thighs. Not sure why I didn't realize before just how big they are . . . :blink:

hey mini,

i got very critical of my thighs after my operation. but i have to tell you since i started working out...i'm feeling better about them. i was critical because of the extra skin and the "jiggles"

i dont plan on having thigh surgery so i have to work them out and accept the fact that i am 51 years old and will never have the tightest arms or legs.

you are doing great!!!

josie

hey mini,

i got very critical of my thighs after my operation. but i have to tell you since i started working out...i'm feeling better about them. i was critical because of the extra skin and the "jiggles"

i dont plan on having thigh surgery so i have to work them out and accept the fact that i am 51 years old and will never have the tightest arms or legs.

you are doing great!!!

josie

Yeah, working out would certainly help! I think I just looked so bad for so long in so many places, that I just didn't care anymore. Now I'm sort of feeling good about myself again and all the bad stuff is much more noticeable to me now!

And, yeah, there is that whole 50 year old thing. Amazing what years and gravity do to you!!