Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy tuck 9/9/09!

Mini, your experience sounds wonderful, I am going to check around to see if there is any such program in my area. I guess this means you stopped draining blood? I would think increased urination would mean the massage was VERY effective!!!

Keep healing and congrats on your 4 pound loss. Thanks for the detailed information on the Flexsees, I was able to go right to the correct one to look at it on Amazon.< /p>

Mimi

I had some drainage Tuesday morning, but nothing since then. I just came back from the PS, and he thinks all the old blood is gone. YAY! I LOVED the massage. Loved it loved it loved it. I think it will really help with keeping the swelling down.

Absolutely will do, luv2teech! I work at Yale University in New Haven and am covered by their health plan, so that's where I'm looking for info.

Dr. Schulman in NYC has a thread here...I've just gotta break away from my office to call his office and make an appointment for a consult. I'd love to do the surgery this year, but it really depends on timing and money...he recommended 3 weeks off for me, and right now I can cover that, but only with the help of our regular holiday shutdown.

I may not be ready for the surgery - I've heard reports that you should be at goal for 6 months before surgery, and others that said they had the surgery to help them reach their goal...I'm of two minds about it - part of me wants to GET IT OVER WITH - but not at the risk of my health.

I'll keep y'all informed - and if I find out I can make this happen this year, I'll start a plastic surgery thread so I don't 'hijack' this one! :)

My issue was with timing as well. I also work at a university and am on sabbatical this term, so it was really the only time I had when it made sense to do it. My PS said that, as long as I didn't lose more than maybe 10-15 more lbs, he didn't care at all that I wasn't at goal. He just said that if you lose more than that, the skin starts to sag again. Made total sense.

I really am fine with the idea of only losing ten more pounds. It has taken me six months to lose the last ten, so I don't think that, reasonably, I can expect to lose a whole lot more. I won't be skinny, by any means, but I am pretty happy with how I look and feel at that weight.

Hi Minidriver!

My issue was with timing as well. I also work at a university and am on sabbatical this term, so it was really the only time I had when it made sense to do it. My PS said that, as long as I didn't lose more than maybe 10-15 more lbs, he didn't care at all that I wasn't at goal. He just said that if you lose more than that, the skin starts to sag again. Made total sense.

I am in agreement with you on all of that...at my current weight, I'm pretty happy with my size, and I'm only planning to lose another 10 - 20 lbs anyway, no matter what. If some of that happens with the surgery, I'm cool with that.

Part of me wants to wear a single-digit size for the first time since I was a toddler (LOL) but my weight loss has REALLY slowed down in the past months and I'm thinking my body is telling me it's all but done. I've also heard of people having surgery and then that re-starts their weight loss because all the old fat cells are gone and the body doesn't hold it the way it used to any more.

I really am fine with the idea of only losing ten more pounds. It has taken me six months to lose the last ten, so I don't think that, reasonably, I can expect to lose a whole lot more. I won't be skinny, by any means, but I am pretty happy with how I look and feel at that weight.

I agree with you there...I also will not be skinny when all this is said and done, but that's okay with me. I have been full-figured most of my life, and I don't want to be too thin. I call my transformation process going from being full figured to being FULLY figured...LOL

The only thing making me continue to try to lose is the fact that I'm not off the diabetes meds yet - and I may talk to my PCP about whether the plastic surgery and the attendant loss from that procedure will make a difference. That may be the make-or-break factor for me...if I still need to do some physical work to get me off the meds, I'll wait for that, but it's the only thing right now that would make me postpone the surgery beyond the financial aspect.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone if I don't get back to the thread today! :smile:

Well, it's been four weeks today since my Tummy Tuck, and I'm pretty darned happy with the outcome. Having some swelling in the afternoons, and the "Ken" area is always swollen, but hopefully that will go away some day. I also have a little extra swelling on the left hip where I had the hematoma, but the massage therapist is getting rid of that slowly but surely. My incision is still kind of sore where it wraps around onto my back, but the front is not a big deal at all. I'm really not trying to wear smaller pants or anything yet . . . maybe I'll try in a few more weeks.

I have posted some updated photos. The link is:

Plastic Surgery Pictures, Videos, Photos, Pics, Before, After, Cosmetic Surgery

password: goobgone

Thanks, ladies. Skinnyjeans, those four weeks will be gone before you know it. Although the four weeks since surgery have gone by much quicker that the four weeks before!

Mimi, when is your surgery again?

Mini, my breast and arm lift will be Jan 4, 2010 and my TT will be Mar 15th. PS wanted my wt stable for several months before the TT so I am trying to be stable LOL.

Mimi

hey mini...you look great...glad everything is going well.

skinny...a month will go by in a jiffy and you will be happy when you are on the other side of the surgery....

mimi: cant wait for your surgeries. you are one of the nicest people on this site and so encouraging. i really wish i did an arm lift.

i love my boob lift the best ha!

i have my last surgeon appt in 3 weeks. i've gained 10 lbs since my surgery (i had my fill taken completely out because i was having trouble eating.) so i'm on weight watchers trying to get my head hunger under control.

take care girls