Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy tuck 9/9/09!

Mini, you look friggin awesome!!!! I am so happy for you!!! The glue will wear off soon enough. I am so happy for you!

Mimi

Why thank you, Miss Mimi! Friggin' awesome is definitely what I'm going for!

So I switched today from my binder to my Spanx type thing. Unfortunately, I went to the grocery store and by the time I got back the hole from my drain had quite a bit of blood and I don't want the Spanx to get bloody so I put the binder back on. The Spanx thing definitely works better under my clothes though.

I am soooooo close to being fully upright. That will make such a difference in my back pain, I think. I can't wait to go have the massage, but I don't want to go while I'm still bleeding from the drain hole. I don't want to subject anyone else to the potential grossness. :tongue2:

I admire you for putting off your massage until after you stop bleeding, but why don't you give the therapist a call? It might not gross her out and the massage might be beneficial to the hematoma drainage.

Keep us informed on your progress, and YAY for being almost upright!!!! How do you get the Spanx thing on over sweaty skin? That is my problem, I hot flash so bad and often I don't know if I will be able to get a garment on, and by the way, where did you get the garment? Nosy, aren't I???LOL!!!

Mimi

Hi Mini,

Just looked at your pics. YOU look fantabulous girl!!!!

You seem to be healing well and the bruising has gone down alot.You are doing awesome!

How are you finding your energy level at this point? Are you still pacing yourself as far as rest? Thanks so much for sharing your pictures!

Barb

Hi Everyone,

Just found this thread - and thank you, Mini, for posting your story.

I'm about 20 lbs away from wanting / scheduling surgery, so I'm doing more research now. I just hit 69 lbs lost, and my friends and family are telling me to stop now! I'm nearly 6 feet tall (5' 11") and now weigh 196 lbs. I want to get down to 175, and then I figure if PS takes off another 10 lbs of skin and such, I'll be down to 165, which is a good goal weight, and actually would put me at 100 lbs lost.

I took a look at your album and your pictures are very inspirational. I hope my results are as good - we are close in age, too - I'm 46.

Have a wonderful day! :thumbdown:

Hello, ladies. Let's see . . I will try to make sure I answer everybody's questions.

Mimi and Skinnyjeans, I think I'll wait till next week for a massage. Even if the masseuse could deal with the blood seeping out of my leg, it really grosses me out. I would be totally grossed out on her behalf. Seriously. I just talked to the nurse and if it hasn't stopped by Monday, they want me to come back in. She said they might have to "go in again" and remove the blood. Poop. Oh well.

Let's see, I bough a Flexees firm control corset with panty and ordered it on Amazon. I wanted that particular one because it has hooks and eyes all the way up the front, so I figured it would be less difficult to put on. I don't have sweaty skin per se (haven't hot flashed for awhile since I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago), but the thought of pulling something really tight over my incision sounded kind of oogy.

Barb, my energy levels are kind of up and down. I was feeling great yesterday morning and went grocery shopping with DH. By midafternoon I was pretty tired. My daughter and her husband came by to visit last night, and I was beat by the time they left. I am really happy I'm not having to deal with work right now. I think it would be tough for someone my age to go back to work after two weeks. How is your red blood count looking? Still tolerating the Iron supplements okay?

EbonyRose, thanks for looking at my pics and for your kind words! Sounds like you are doing great on your weight loss! You must look fantastic at your height and weight! Wow! And your time for surgery will get here before you know it.

Speaking of weight, I weighed this morning and I am 4 lbs less than I was the morning of surgery. YAY! So I'm hoping that trend will continue. I'm actually quite (pleasantly) surprised! I figured it would take longer to show up on my scale.< /p>

Well, I'll post again soon, and more pics next week or something. And I'll let you ladies know what happens with the seeping blood thing.

Hi ladies. I had my first lymphatic massage today. It was FABULOUS!!! The massage therapist claims that it will really help with the swelling and with general healing. All I know is that I felt so much better after I went. I can stand up straighter and I just feel much closer to "normal". I have been peeing like crazy since I got back, which I'm hoping means that some of that excess Fluid is draining away. I am going again next week and can't wait. I highly recommend it for anyone having a Tummy Tuck.< /p>

Hi Minidriver!

Hi ladies. I had my first lymphatic massage today. It was FABULOUS!!! The massage therapist claims that it will really help with the swelling and with general healing.

Oh that is so good to hear!

All I know is that I felt so much better after I went. I can stand up straighter and I just feel much closer to "normal". I have been peeing like crazy since I got back, which I'm hoping means that some of that excess Fluid is draining away. I am going again next week and can't wait. I highly recommend it for anyone having a Tummy Tuck.< /p>

Ebony makes note...lymphatic massages - must do!

I just found out there is a plastic surgery "department" at the university where I work - they are a teaching hospital and I know a lot of the residents there. I've sent the chief physician an inquiry regarding their requirements and such. If I can get it done right on campus, that means less expense (possibly). The medical plan at my job might cover more of the expense that way...it might also be easier to qualify since they work with my bariatric surgeon.

How long was your process of approval, etc from start to finish? Or were you self-pay, and so did not have to jump through hoops - I can't remember right now...:)

Hi Minidriver!

Ebony makes note...lymphatic massages - must do!

I just found out there is a plastic surgery "department" at the university where I work - they are a teaching hospital and I know a lot of the residents there. I've sent the chief physician an inquiry regarding their requirements and such. If I can get it done right on campus, that means less expense (possibly). The medical plan at my job might cover more of the expense that way...it might also be easier to qualify since they work with my bariatric surgeon.

How long was your process of approval, etc from start to finish? Or were you self-pay, and so did not have to jump through hoops - I can't remember right now...:)

Ooooo, that would be awesome if you could get it done through the program there! Unfortunately, I was self pay. So I had no hoops . . . just had to come up with the money! Luckily my PS was very reasonable - $5800 for everything. I thought that was pretty good.

I will definitely check into the lymphatic massage. Did it hurt any?

No, it was very gentle. She would work on my tummy for awhile, then move to another part of my body to let my tummy rest. It was a very pleasant experience.

Mini, your experience sounds wonderful, I am going to check around to see if there is any such program in my area. I guess this means you stopped draining blood? I would think increased urination would mean the massage was VERY effective!!!

Keep healing and congrats on your 4 pound loss. Thanks for the detailed information on the Flexsees, I was able to go right to the correct one to look at it on Amazon.< /p>

Mimi

Ooooo, that would be awesome if you could get it done through the program there! Unfortunately, I was self pay. So I had no hoops . . . just had to come up with the money! Luckily my PS was very reasonable - $5800 for everything. I thought that was pretty good.

Hi Minidriver!

Yes, your surgery WAS very reasonable...I have seen prices quoted at DOUBLE that...almost makes me wanna get on a plane...

We'll see what my local guy comes up with, and in the meantime, I'm going to keep talking to Dr. Schulman...:)

Hi Minidriver!

Yes, your surgery WAS very reasonable...I have seen prices quoted at DOUBLE that...almost makes me wanna get on a plane...

We'll see what my local guy comes up with, and in the meantime, I'm going to keep talking to Dr. Schulman...:)

Not sure what part of NE you're in, but I'm just outside of Boston---keep me posted on what you find out for reasonably priced yet skilled surgeons! :smile:

Not sure what part of NE you're in, but I'm just outside of Boston---keep me posted on what you find out for reasonably priced yet skilled surgeons! :smile:

Absolutely will do, luv2teech! I work at Yale University in New Haven and am covered by their health plan, so that's where I'm looking for info.

Dr. Schulman in NYC has a thread here...I've just gotta break away from my office to call his office and make an appointment for a consult. I'd love to do the surgery this year, but it really depends on timing and money...he recommended 3 weeks off for me, and right now I can cover that, but only with the help of our regular holiday shutdown.

I may not be ready for the surgery - I've heard reports that you should be at goal for 6 months before surgery, and others that said they had the surgery to help them reach their goal...I'm of two minds about it - part of me wants to GET IT OVER WITH - but not at the risk of my health.

I'll keep y'all informed - and if I find out I can make this happen this year, I'll start a plastic surgery thread so I don't 'hijack' this one! :)