Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

suggestions on morning restriction

I get such restriction in the morning that I cannot eat any food including mushy eggs until mid afternoon. When dinner time arrives I can eat alot of food almost anything i want except salad which lettuce gets stuck. I m scheduled for a fill on Thursday so i m not sure if I should increase it or not. I know in the evening I can eat 3 cups or more. My weight seems to be fluctuating 2 & 3 pounds up and down.

Are you getting enough Water? A major cause of a schizo band like yours is lack of hydration. Try drinking 16 oz of water and then have your Breakfast. :)

I have a restriction problem in the mornings also. At first, I just skipped breakfast and had a Isopure Protein Drink. But my metabolism wasn't kicking in without food. Now I wake up and take my HBP & asthma meds with a 16oz bottle of Water that I drink slowly over 15 minutes. I take my shower and then for breakfast have some Lifeway Lowfat Kefir (pourable yogurt). It turns my stomach and metabolism on. I keep drinking water in the morning, and can eat lunch. (If I pick the right food, I can eat lunch without difficulty).

I too have to drink something warm like coffee so its not too tight.

I too have this issue.

At first I thought it was my liquid intake. There was a time period a few months ago where I KNOW I wasn't drinking enough. I've fixed that problem though, and now get more than enough in.

It doesn't matter for me though. Hot, cold, whatever... I'm just flat out too tight in the morning to eat.

Usually I can manage something by about 12pm though, but even then I have to be careful with my choices. I can eat more at dinner, but not overly so.

So for breakfast I generally go with a bottle of Water first. Then a half hour later I either have a Protein shake or a stonyfield smoothie (yogurt), which has 10g Protein and probably too much sugar.. Orrrr I'll just go with plain milk.

If I get hungry between 6am and 12, I'll usually have a spoon of Peanut Butter. Not sure why that goes right down, but it does.

I've tried soft foods like eggs and cheeses but they really just don't go down well until late morning/early afternoon.

Try the Water thing first. Past that, it's probably just something you'll need to work around.

Thank you all for the suggestion about Water etc in the mornings. Ive been drinking my cup of black coffee warm,then I drink about 1 qt of water and that seems to do the trick. It s been about 3 days now it s much better. After the water I have the EAS Protein Powder shake I buy in costco or BJ s, it has 27 g of Protein plus the 8g that s in the fat free milk comes to 35g in the morning. I prefer chocolate over vanilla and sometimes I add a tablespoon of low sugar nestles quick, it adds to make it taste more like a shake for only an additional 30 calories. Thanks for all your advice good luck in continuing success. P.S. I also add crushed ice cubes to my shake

Edited by get fit

I drink around 16 GLASSES of Water a day but I'm still tight in the mornings. Hot tea (or hot coffee, if you're a coffee drinker) may help -- I find the hot beverage is the only thing I can do to start my day that makes any difference. But I still am just having mushy Cereal or Greek Yogurt for breakfast.

Thank you all for the suggestion about Water etc in the mornings. Ive been drinking my cup of black coffee warm,then I drink about 1 qt of water and that seems to do the trick. It s been about 3 days now it s much better. After the water I have the EAS Protein powder shake I buy in costco or BJ s, it has 27 g of protein plus the 8g that s in the fat free milk comes to 35g in the morning. I prefer chocolate over vanilla and sometimes I add a tablespoon of low sugar nestles quick, it adds to make it taste more like a shake for only an additional 30 calories. Thanks for all your advice good luck in continuing success. P.S. I also add crushed ice cubes to my shake

Chocolate Protein Shake mix, skim milk, crushed ice and a spoon full of Peanut Butter mixed in a magic bullet type mixer in the morning... Yummy!!

I can totally relate! I tried warm/hot drinks and that worked for a while, but now I've basically resigned to the fact that I can't eat until about 11ish. There are some mornings that I can't even get 4 oz Water to stay down. It's weird! But usually I'm okay to eat/drink by 11am.

Honestly, I don't eat breakfast at all...I just get an iced coffee with milk. I am also very tight but am losing at a great pace. You might want to try Carnatioin Instant Breakfast.

I am also very tight in the morning so the only thing that I can have is a cup of coffee. I am able to get food down around 5:00 PM. My last fill was about 3 months ago and I thought I would loosen up over time. I am going to try to drink more Water in the morning and see if anything changes.

Edited by readytoloselbs

chocolate Protein shake mix, skim milk, crushed ice and a spoon full of Peanut Butter mixed in a magic bullet type mixer in the morning... Yummy!!

I too have found since my last fill 2 wks ago that I am VERY tight in the morning and even greek yogurt was a little much in the mornings.. so now I have my Protein Shake first and then my greek yogurt about 11am... lunch at about 12:30... I use Pure Protein brand chocolate, just under 8oz of milk, some ice cubes and Peanut Butter also... YUMMY!! I love chocolate and peanut butter together... LOL