Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Tis me again.. just wanted to share this pic I got in email. It was taken at the Christmas pageant rehearsal. Yes, I wear a halo during the rehearsal.. it keeps me sane. And Grady is dressed as a sheep except for his ears headband. And the pic captures what I love about the Bobster and why I've stuck with him even when he loses his cell phone, or his wallet, or his keys, or his checkbook.. all of which happen frequently. Yes, he has a doctorate, yes, he is forgetful and yes, he's MINE. B);)

post-215048-1381313897943_thumb.jpg

awww Judy, what a touching picture. I'm sure Grady will treasure it once he is older... What a beautiful moment...

Aaahh, it's already 2:30. So so happy I get to go home in a bit. I have to run to Borders to get a book and then run home to try to get some wrapping done before we have to leave. These posadas are really fun but VERY time consuming. This is our busiest time of year but everything has to stop at 7pm everyday for praying and spending time with family. Wait, that doesn't sound so bad once I actually write it out...

Aw Judy... we know you wear your halo EVERYday! :tongue:

How I know I need to get back on track: I ran into an old neighbor/friend in Target today and I wish I didn't. I wish she'd never noticed me in the checkout line. She looked fantastic & I felt frumpy & embarrassed. Ugh. If I can remember that feeling when I go to eat, then maybe I can find that ol' wagon again. Not until after Friday, of course... but maybe Saturday? Sunday? I don't want to wait 'til the 1st... too far away... wah.

[Full disclosure: I am so far gone that I typed the above while munching on a chocolate santa. I am insane.]

Judy that picture of Bob and Grady is too precious. I can understand your feelings by the picture totally!!

Can't sleep tossed and turned past hour so finally decided to get up! My cpap mask broke yesterday morning, don't get a new one til today, I tried taping my broken one together but it didn't work too well. At least I have 4 days off soon!!

We are supposed to get 2 -4 inches of rain, I hope it doesn't make Michelles snow any deeper! Did you get this rain Pamela or did it come from the south?

Alright I am going to get myself in gear and make some coffee and wrap the few presents I have left to wrap.

Good morning, Violets..

Up early to wait for Ethan this morning. We are leaving at 9:30 to go to Bob's new church so he can get a key and check out his new office.

I didn't sleep well last night either. I started a new exercise program yesterday called Mitch Gaylord's melt off the pounds. It is 10 minutes of exercises using a 2# ball. Sounds so simple, but I was sore last night and couldn't get comfortable in bed. I'll have to give it another shot today.

Choir rehearsal tonight and then dinner out. Nothing else on the agenda today. I sure love sitting here in the dark by the light of the Christmas tree. So peaceful.

We are expecting rain on Christmas eve also, but not until after midnight. They are calling for freezing rain on Christmas day so that will be an adventure. We are supposed to go to Kris's inlaws for dinner, but don't know if the freezing rain will change that.

Everyone have a great day today!! Be good to yourselves..

he he he michelle, you sound like me... The other day i was complaining to juan about my jeans being tight while i'm holding a sugar cookie the size of my head... I will never learn. I will be dieting for the rest of my LIFE.

Jane - come over here and help me wrap presents please... Now that I left everything till the last minute i've got tons to do... Rain scheduled for us too... yuck. I was hoping for snow again!

Judy - have you ever tried any of the jillian michaels workout stuff? The brides to be on my brides board swear that it melts off the pounds. As soon as the new year hits I'm going to go and get it...

Took a little nap and feel a little more alert.

Haydee I would love to come help you wrap!! Wish I lived closer, this is the first year ever that all my gifts are wrapped before Christmas eve!!!

Okay off to work, have a good day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy, It seems like all of the malls are getting a little more dead each year. One thing that I noticed anecdotally is that the majority of the people in the malls near where I live seem to be of a different socio-economic class that the general population from the area. I am not referring to different racial mixes because that part is irrelevant to me. I am referring to the inner city style of dress and the propensity for the use of expletives and just speaking loudly period. Another thing that I notice is that with all of the people walking around the mall, I don’t see quite as many shopping bags as I used to. I am not sure if everyone there is necessarily buying all that much right now.

I went to the mall last week with a friend for the first time this year and walking around you could hear someone loudly proclaim “oh that b**tch ain’t nuttin but a ho.” I seem to lack any strong desire to add that language to Ayla’s repertoire, lol. Maybe it is just that I live near Cleveland . . . perhaps it is not as bad in other states.

That picture of Grady is soo funny, lol. He also looks so big in that picture. That picture of Bob was too sweet. :0)

Pam, that is really sweet about the ring. I agree with Michelle, you should wear it . . . perhaps when you want to remember your dad. It sounds like you got your hands full with Klausy although he is too adorable to stay mad at for very long, lol.

Michelle, we don’t live too incredibly far apart. I feel lucky that I have not had your snow woes :0)

I want to go see Avatar also. It looks like fun.

Hey Girls~

Woke up and went to the gym, but forgot my iPod:mad:...only did a PAINFUL 20 min on the eliptical because the music in the gym SUCKS! I did the ass machine though...did 60 @ 90 lbs. I'll be very sore tomorrow!!

MIL comes later. Sus is grumpy, cleaning, has an apt., so I am just trying to stay the hell out of her way!

Jane, we had tons of rain last week...but I don't think that is what your getting now. I think that is what dumped on Michelle last week.

Haydee, your funny. I had a visual of you complaining about the jeans and eating a sugar cookie. Michelle too. I came home from the gym and dunked 3 Cookies into my coffee!!! WTF?

Judy, how excited...new key and new office! Take some pix! How far is this away from home?

OK...off to look busy. Key word: LOOK!

xooxxoxoxo

Most embarassing moment of the year . . . happened last night at Blockbuster.

I bought a new car yesterday and traded in my old one. This car is a standard transmission with a stick shift. I can drive it because I learned on a stick and it is pretty much all you can find to drive in Europe and the Middle East.

So, I went to Blockbuster with my dh. We are joking the whole way because my dh kept stalling out the car and shifting poorly but I drive clean and smooth. The whole way there the conversation is basically all about how I can drive better than he can . . . until we come out of Blockbuster.

I couldn't figure out how to put the car in reverse. I am blushing to my toes and he is laughing so hard and trying not to pee his pants. I even put it in neutral and shifted my body back and forth trying to get it to drift backwards using gravity to get me back down the hill. I could only make it halfway and someone started honking at me.

After a gazillion tries, I take that manual out of the glovebox and am flipping through the pages in a huff. While I am flipping through the pages, my DH says he figured it out. He finally figured out that the scrunchy part of the stick shift has a little ring in it that you have to lift in order to go in reverse. I have driven at least half a dozen cars with a stick shift and it has never been that way before that I can remember.

I am WOMAN, I can do anything, right??? Just don't ask my dh this week, lol..

We're back from visiting the church. It is very pretty and Bob is very excited.

Here are some pics. I realized I didn't get any of the outside of the church. We go back onthe 3rd of Jan. and I'll get some then.

post-215048-13813138979973_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813138980277_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813138980563_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813138980828_thumb.jpg

aaahh, beautiful church Judy. I'm sure Bob will be very happy there. Actually bob would probably would even be happy in a wood hut, LOL...

Pam - why didn't you just go back for your IPOD? You like like 300 ft away from everything in PS! I still can't get over how close everything is...

Heather - your story made me LOL. I've never heard of a stick like that! I'm also pretty good at a stick and more Fluid driving one than Juan. And I love to show off when we do drive one, he he he...

jane jane jane, i would buy you a ticket to fly here and wrap all my presents for me. I'm pooped!