Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Hellp! I'm trapped in the house w/my wacky family! :smile2:

It's still snowing & now the wind is blowing & all we see is white out the windows! The latest storm "names" are the "Snow-pocalypse" and the "Shopper-Stopper Storm of '09" lol... dh says "Snow-body cares!" The local tv stations are all snow info all day...

We're all still in our pj's... except dh, who periodically goes out to snow-blow our long driveway...

DD is decorating a gingerbread house that we assembled earlier...

I'm snuggled up on the big chair, under my Disney quilt that my sis made me last year for Xmas, w/Mo curled up next to me & a cup of tea on the fireplace hearth, Xmas tree glittering...

Snow-day brownies just came out of the oven... mmmmm...

I'm rambling again... but that's really all I have to do today! lol!!

BBL...

Actually Michelle, you have painted a great pic ofyour day. We've been outside all day w/ Klausy wearing shorts and tank tops.

OMG, Klausy was exhausted and bit the trainer, and scratched him...and I cried! Scared the shit out of me. But they made up and all was great. He was worked very hard, and came in and was exhausted and the guy (Kenyon is his name) said it was really his fault cause I didn't watch Klausy's body language. To stop the attack, he choked Klausy...f^%k I am still shaking...but it is ok now. Day one down. Now we have to work w/ Klausy w/ his collar etc. It is a wireless remote collar. wowser.

Need a shower and step mom will be here at 2!

bbl

Oh my gosh, Pam! I've met Klausy... he's one big boy... that's really scary! I'm glad all ended well. Wowza!

On the news they just reported about a Twitter flashmob snow ball fight where 200 people converged on a corner in DC and it got out of hand & an unmarked police Hummer got pummelled w/snowballs & the detectives inside hopped out, drew their weapons, and threatened to arrest people! Wow!

Michelle, your posts cracked me up!! I think I like the 'shopper stopper' and the 'snowbody cares'!!!

Too funny.

I have a headache and am going to lay down!!!

Good evening, Violets..

Wow, PamELa... first a cat and now a trainer!! Klausy is moving up in the food chain..

Christmas pageant rehearsal went well today. Choir rehearsed from 9-10 and we had the kids with us from 10-11. Then I babysat Grady while Kris and Nathan did some errands. Then out to lunch and afterwards a nap for me!! We went to the mall to wrap presents as part of a fund raiser and didn't raise any funds at all. Our mall is basically dead and nobody needed any presents wrapped. We were supposed to be there from 5:30-8 but left at 7:30 after sitting there totally bored for 2 hours.

Tomorrow is the pageant and the Messiah concert so you know what I'll be doing!! Hope to get a nice, long nap in between each.

Everyone have a good evening. Stay warm, Michelle!! Hope your headache gets better, Janie..

Judy, I LOVE THE GRADY MEETS SANTA PIC! OMG that was too funny!

Had a wonderful night. Went to dinner, then went to the Living Desert to see Wild Lights! We walked around, had hot coco and it was beautiful! My step mom got us gift certificates to Billy Reeds, fav place and the movies! And, she gave me my great grandmother's wedding ring. My great grandpa gave it to her in 1894, and it has been earmarked for me since I was born. She said she felt ready to give it to my. It was her wedding ring for 35 years, and is feeling ready to accept that she is a widdow, and she doesn't want to wear her wedding ring. She is wearing two others that dad gave her. I am BEYOND honored and surprised. While I've known I was going to get it, I didn't expect it for many many years to come. I am going to put it in my safety deposit box and give it to either my nephew or give it to his daughter one day.

I miss my dad!

Love you guys!

Good morning, Violets..

Off to herd up Wisemen, Shepherds, sheep, Angels and Mary and Joseph. Christmas pageant is in a few hours. Then a potluck afterwards, then a long nap and then Messiah tonight.

Here is the picture of Grady having a wonderful time with Santa.

post-215048-13813138977293_thumb.jpg

Wow Pam, how meaningful for you. You should WEAR it!!

It's sunny here today, but not going to get over the freezing mark. DH did another snow blower run & I'm crossing my fingers that w/lots of snow melt & attention to it today, we'll be able to get out of the driveway tomorrow. Our driveway, while not as steep as some of those we saw in Alabama (omg, remember those??), runs up/down a hill & a handful of cars have gone off it into the woods over the years.

I'm planning on going for a snowy walk later... I'll take pics & then maybe you can see what I'm talking about & also our winter wonderland. The kids are still crossing their fingers that school will be cancelled tomorrow... we'll see...

Other than that, it's wrapping/baking/getting organized for the big day this week. I'm hosting my side of the family, 6 teens & 8 adults.

Hey Girls~

I am typing my first official post from my new puter!!! It is sooo pretty (purple of course) and I am still figuring it all out. I will use my "old" Vista one until the end of the term which is next Sunday. Then I can start my new term on this one. Plus, it is a tax write off for Walden!

The Easy Transfer is a pain in the ass...ain't nuttin easy about it. But for now, I am getting set up. On the phone now to get my itunes transferred over, and will work on pix later.

As soon as this is done, I am gonna work w/ Klausy for a bit! Wish me luck, haha, just kidding! xoxo

Have a great day!

Michelle, I remember the hills!! It is funny that you said that because just the other day I was telling someone about the dirt hill we went up and then the driveways! They didn't find it funny, but Judy, Michelle and I know otherwise!! Maybe that is why Judy said Bob can be the designated driver in May, she didn't want me driving again????

Judy, I know your concert is going to go well. I think there is something behind it that won't let it go bad!?!?!?!?! Hallelujah!

Quiet day here, deciding whether I should get in gear for some stuff or just chill out!

Hey Girls~

Day 2 of training went much better; well at least there was no blood shed, but the day is early. Susanne and I are not on the same page. She thinks he is too big for the house, and while I agree I paid a shit load of $ to do this training. $650 to be exact. So hopefully we can come to an understanding. aarrgggg!

How is it possible that I spent 5 hours messing around on the computer updating my BlackBerry with pics and contacts???

Good thing the Carolina Panthers don't play until 8 pm tonight!! I would have missed the whole game.....

Have an enjoyable Sunday afternoon!

Good evening, Violets..

The pageant went extremely well today. The choir made me proud. They sounded awesome. The kids did a good job, though I would have preferred a little more action and not so much frozen figures in the tableau. Something else to work on for next year. Now on to the Messiah concert tonight. That's an easy one for me cause I just sing and don't have to worry about directing or playing flute. I just get to enjoy it!

Guess what??? The head of the Board of Directors of the church here asked Bob today if he would consider coming back if/when Pastor Tom leaves. Dang... 2 weeks too late. Sooo the good news is it looks like the pastor's days are numbered here. After the potluck today we all joined hands and made a big circle and sang Silent Night. Guess who wasn't there?? And guess who nobody asked about? Yup.. Pastor Tom. He never sticks around to help with cleaning up or whatever. It's just eat and run.

Time to get some supper and get dressed for the concert.

PamELa.. Jetta is now in the house with and she is a huge dog, German shepherd mix size. She does well most of the time and even does well with the yorkies and the cat. (she doesn't try to eat it!)

Everyone have a good evening.

Good Monday Morn, Vi's~~

It's a "Snow Day" -- no school! We're planning on giving the icy sheen on the driveway a few hours to melt a bit, then will head out to the mall, etc. I still have some shopping to do w/OUT the kids, so we'll have to see if they go to school tomorrow or Weds.

I took some pics yesterday on ds's camera, so once he downloads them & sends them to me, I'll post them, and you can see our winter wonderland!

Judy, sounds like all your hard work w/your choirs and groups really comes together @ this time of year, and is appreciated. What a wonderful gift you share with your community. Too bad your church moves like molasses in its decision making... they could've had the Bobster!!

Everyone make it a great day!