Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good morning, Violets..

Lazy day today. Got up at 9 and am now just checking emails and news and of course checking in with my Violets.. Did I miss a memo on Haydee?? She hasn't posted in a while.

We're cleaning and wrapping this morning and then Ethan comes this afternoon. No new snow here, but we have plenty on the ground and it's 16 degrees out right now. brrrrrrrrr

PamELa.. is this your last day before Christmas break?? Most school around here are done today, some go on Monday. I'm glad I don't have to worry about traveling in the dark on these roads this winter. Loved my kids, loved my job.. hated the drive.

Gotta go get some Breakfast. Everyone have a super day!!!! Will check back later this afternoon.

Good Morning!!

I hope Haydee is just really busy!!!!!!!!!

Kudos for you Pamela for getting up and going to work out consistently!!!!!!!!!

Alright, busy day today at work.

Have a good one!!!!

Hi! Yes, just insanely busy! Wish I could post from my phone but it won't let me log in ever.

It's crazy town over here. My work schedule has been reduced due to slowwwwww sales. So I'm trying to do 5 days worth of work in three. Not happening. Everyone else says fudge it but I'm too responsible. Also helping out at home since my dad is on rest right now. I've been over there almost every night helping my mom around the house and helping her catch up on paperwork from her business too.

THEN, our Posadas started on Wednesday. Do ya'll remember me talking about it last year. One night at someones house for 9 days? Mine was last night. OMG how stressfull. I don't think I'm doing it next year. I bought a side of chuck roast to make pot roast. Trimmed it all up and cut it up into big chunks and put it in 4 crock pots at 2PM thinking that would be plenty of time. Come 7pm and the friggin meat is still hard as heck. While everyone is praying I'm pulling meat out of the crock pots and cutting it into even smaller pieces and trying to decide if I should just order pizza. Well I tried to make them pray as long as possible and sing extra songs. And I even made them do the pinata first before dinner even though it's usually afterwards because I wanted the meat to keep cooking. Luckily it was just enough time to give them meat another hour to cook and it came out perfect. Whew!

Everyone finally left around 10:30pm and me and Juan got busy cleaning up. We didn't finish until midnight and we were exhausted but my house is clean again.

So anyways, my boss just told me that we are going to be working 3 day work weeks until the end of February. That sucks! I'm trying to pay for a wedding here! And property taxes are due! And Christmas! Argh!

Still haven't done Christmas cards. I probably won't have time to work on them until Sunday. If I send them Monday will they still make it in time for Christmas? Hmmm...

Michelle - I'm so so sorry I didn't get that pic to you in time. I have the pictures on my laptop at home and I've hardly been home this past week. I would of had Juan email them but that folder that they are in has tons of other pics that I'd rather him not see, LOL. Nothing bad just lots of pics of friends and sisters and he would just have a field day if he got ahold of them... LOL

So we have our New Years plans set. My parents are having a huge party. Juan's whole fam is coming too. Yay, no going back and forth this year. Love that. I know pammy is going to go see KC. What's everyone else up to? Anything exciting???

Judy, yes today is the last day! We are watching Polar Express and the kids are enjoying their treats "Santa" brought to my house for them. I got them each a Santa bucket (about 3" tall and 6" round) and filled it w/ candy, card games, etc. I also got everyone candy canes, Santa straws and Christmas pencils!!! For many of my kids, they will "regift" this stuff for their little bros and sisters. They are cute like that.

I made out like a bandit too!!! I got earrings, necklaces (really cute nice set) Coach sunglasses (good fake ones), candy, popcorns, chocolates, and a couple of bears!! Never made out this good before!

BBL

I just confiscated a Tshirt from an 8th grade boy that reads...and I quote:

Sorry Mamma, I only Fu** Latinas. OneEightSeven

REALLY??? The F word was completely spelled out. REALLY?? 187 IS THE PENAL CODE FOR MURDER. Lawd, give me strength to make it through the day.

an 8th grader?? OH MY. I got in trouble when I was a senior in HIGH SCHOOL for wearing a bart simpson shirt that read, "don't have a cow man". uh, we were a conservative school, LOL...

Ohhh, you did make out like a bandit! I always loved picking something out for my teacher when I was in elementary school. that promptly stopped when I got into 6th grade and I had 6 teachers, LOL. My mom said no more. She told me to draw something for them, LOL.

Good afternoon, Violets..

Well, we got three rooms cleaned spic and span and no gifts wrapped. Ethan will be here shortly and we are going out to get some groceries, mail some books to our son for Christmas and get the cupcake of the week at the bakery. They sell them individually and I always write a critique online. Tough job, but someone's got to do it.

PamELa.. I remember the days of teacher gifts. I still have some that were ornaments that I hang on the tree each year and remember the child that gave it to me. Then there were the gifts that went into the garage sale! lol The last gift from my foster grandma was an angel...... with Fiber optic wings. Sorry... angels and Fiber optic do not belong in the same sentence.

I still have the macaroni Christmas tree ornament my son Joshua (34) made me when he was in Kindergarten. It goes on our tree every year with the reindeer made by Joe (31). Unfortunately I don't have one from Kris for some reason, but we do have ornaments from Bob's grandparent's and our parent's trees. Pretty special... they were the ones I couldn't find this year cause I put them in a special place. Fortunately when I moved the Christmas card basket, they were behind it. They are going in the angel cabinet for safe keeping this year. Sooooooo next year when I can't find them, please remind me of this post, k?

Our New Year's plan is the same as the last few years. Nathan, Kris, Grady, Bob and I will be going to a Detroit Piston's game and staying over night. There are tickets on ebay right now Nathan is tracking that have 4 tickets, dinner and Snacks in the VIP room plus parking. Hope he can get them.

Ethan has arrived. Off to do some fun stuff with the little guy and the big guy.

Hello Everyone!

We didn't get home 'til 10pm last night. DH was nice and let me sleep in this a.m., but I didn't know that, so I managed to sleep 'til 6:50 but then I woke up w/a start & thought I'd overslept & the kids overslept so it kind of backfired in a funny sort of way. You've never seen me move that fast! :biggrin:

DH is off today through Jan 4... pretty sweet. The kids have school through Weds... sux for them!

Pam, I was reading fast and I read: "... and a couple of BEERS"... ha ha!

DH & I just got back from Xmas shopping... fa la la!

BIG NEWS: DS made the Olympic Development Soccer Team for the state of Md!! The third time's the charm!! We just found out -- so proud of him!

We're supposed to get up to 12-18" of snow this weekend! :sad: I got some movies out of Redbox & have lots of baking supplies, so we'll be set!

Off to put up a "Congrats" banner & some streamers before ds comes home!

Polar Express Round 2...maybe I'll get through the whole movie this time w/o a heartattack from some rude child wearing a piece of crap shirt! HOHOHO!

Batten down the hatches, Michelle!!!! Sounds like a bad storm headed your way....

Better you than me this time!!

KUDOS to DS on his soccer accomplisment!!!

What are parents thinking letting their kid own let alone wear a shirt like that? Wowza!

I'm sure this should be YOUR snow, Judy... everyone's in crazy mode here... on the news they said that the grocery stores are so busy, you have to wait for a cart! "Bread! Milk! Toilet Paper!"

You sound way hectic, Haydee! I hope that you'll be able to slow down & enjoy the season soon! It's totally ok about the pic... don't give it a second thought... dh scanned the hard copy -- I didn't even know that the printer he bought earlier in the year could scan! duh on me!

It's only 7:06pm and I'm tired... maybe it's that panicked start I had this morning!

Judy & Pam: I received your cards! So cute, both of you!! I picked up mine today, and they're printed WAY too dark... ugh... but they'll have to do...

I'm rambling... sorry!

Good evening!!

I get some gifts, this year seems a little low on gifts. Really I don't mind because I would rather them come back more often than give a gift because they should.

I don't like New Years. Being single at New Years sucks!

Okay off to bed and watch some tv then to work in the morning!

Good morning, Violets..

Up early today to get to church by 8:30 to begin rehearsal for the Christmas Pageant. Grady is going to be a sheep this year!! Kris was always an angel in the pageant so it's pretty neat to see the tradition continue in the family.

29 degrees here and snow is not as pretty as it once was. It would be nice to get a fresh dusting before Christmas, but Michelle, I'll leave the huge snowstorm to you! Take care.. hope you don't have to go out in it for awhile.

Off to get dressed and get some breakfast in. Everyone have a great day!!

When I went to bed last night, just a few snowflakes were flying around... when I woke up this morning, there's about a foot on the ground already! They're calling for blizzard conditions a bit East from here! The most current prediction is that we'll get 20"+!! Love it when the weather folks try to out-do each other w/ their verbiage: "A historic weather event!" "Storm of the decade!" "The Snow-nami!" ha ha.

So my plans today are to "hunker down"... bake... read... rest... wrap... write cards... an unusual calm day in a busy season!

Everyone make it a great one!

Morning girls~

We saw Avitar last night...OMG, that was an amazing beautiful movie. I recommend it to everyone, and suggest you upgrade and see it in 3D. I can't believe how great it was...a visual treat for my eyes and brain.

Going to be 76 today. Starting Klausy training. Then step mom is down to see us. We are hanging this afternoon and then grabbing a bite.

All our gifts are bought. I only need 3 gift cards for the kids, then done...their gift card cards are already bought! Am having a wonderful holiday season...much love to all my girlies!

Haydee, I got the Save the Date...and I saved it! Beautiful card!!!

xoxoxoox