Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost Too Much Weight

Just had to share this

MY BEST FRIEND spoke to me this morning and told me that she was thowing away her left over turkey.

SO....... I said did you save the drippings????????

and she does not...becasue she feels that it is fatty

so, if you take the drippings and put in the refrig the fat comes to the top and it makes a great gravy as is to make our food easier to go down..plus it has all those yummy herbs in it....I also put in thru a strainer so it is beautifully thin.

the reason that I posted this is that gravy is ok, and it does make you feel like you are cheating

Yesterday, I did put a turkey in my frig ro defrost because DH enjoys it and I get the gravy. I then put cooked portions in freezer and use when needed. MY DH works from the home, so it is an easy and tasty quick lunch or dinner.< /p>

Hi! I was banded on November 23 :confused: My birthday was the 24th and so it was my gift to myself. I would love to keep in touch with you so we could follow and support each other along the way.

4me4once, Congrats!! At your stage, it is easier to eastablish new patterns. Good Luck on your new life!

Hi! I was banded on November 23 :) My birthday was the 24th and so it was my gift to myself. I would love to keep in touch with you so we could follow and support each other along the way.

Congratulations on being banded!!! Whoo Hoo!!! :confused: I would definitely love to keep in touch with you. I will have surgery on Jan 5th, so you will be 6 weeks ahead of me. But we can definitely still follow one another and support eachother. Feel free to PM me with updates. I will do the same. I will also be posting updates on here as my journey continues. Good luck to you!! And I look forward to getting to know you better!! :)

Amy

Well, I received a letter in the mail today and my insurance is changing as of Jan 1st!! :rolleyes: Everything was very simple though. I called my surgeon's office and explained what was happening and now I'm scheduled for surgery on Dec 29th!! :):lol::frown::lol::frown::lol::smile:

What a way to start a new year!!! I will be banded in less than a month!! WHOO HOO!!!!

YEAH!!! Slide in under the wire... good for you!!

Well, I received a letter in the mail today and my insurance is changing as of Jan 1st!! :rolleyes: Everything was very simple though. I called my surgeon's office and explained what was happening and now I'm scheduled for surgery on Dec 29th!! :):lol::frown::lol::frown::lol::smile:

What a way to start a new year!!! I will be banded in less than a month!! WHOO HOO!!!!

WOW, what a rollercoaster ride you have been on!

Ending up speeding back to home instead of coasting:smile2:

I know this all adds up to a whirlwind of things going on because of the Holidays, which means your surgery will be tomorrow, or it will at least seem like that. My advice, sit back and enjoy the ride, every little bit of it. The process is amazing, and it will do things for you that will amaze you. Enjoy it all, because it is just shifting the old you to a new and improved beautiful you!!!!

Congratulations, it has been one heck of a ride!

BIG Hugs,

~Cheryl

WOW, what a rollercoaster ride you have been on!

Ending up speeding back to home instead of coasting:smile2:

I know this all adds up to a whirlwind of things going on because of the Holidays, which means your surgery will be tomorrow, or it will at least seem like that. My advice, sit back and enjoy the ride, every little bit of it. The process is amazing, and it will do things for you that will amaze you. Enjoy it all, because it is just shifting the old you to a new and improved beautiful you!!!!

Congratulations, it has been one heck of a ride!

BIG Hugs,

~Cheryl

Cheryl,

It has definitely been one CRAZY, CRAZY rollercoaster ride!! I can't believe I'm going to actually be banded before the end of the year! NOW... my fear is hitting me... what if something happens... I HAVE to HAVE the surgery BEFORE the 31st of Dec. If not, my insurance will not cover it. I have put too much time, effort, and money into this process during the past nine months to have to start at the very beginning. I have to call my surgeon's office in the morning and stress the above and make certain that the 29th will be a definite go. My surgeon only does this procedure on Tuesday, so if anything were to happen I would miss this once in a life-time opportunity. I would feel more comfortable if it was scheduled for the 15th or 22nd. But I have to complete my education classes first.

Deep Breaths... Deep Breaths....

I really need to speak with my program coordinator and push for an earlier date. And then sit back and relax!! :rolleyes:

Cheryl,

It has definitely been one CRAZY, CRAZY rollercoaster ride!! I can't believe I'm going to actually be banded before the end of the year! NOW... my fear is hitting me... what if something happens... I HAVE to HAVE the surgery BEFORE the 31st of Dec. If not, my insurance will not cover it. I have put too much time, effort, and money into this process during the past nine months to have to start at the very beginning. I have to call my surgeon's office in the morning and stress the above and make certain that the 29th will be a definite go. My surgeon only does this procedure on Tuesday, so if anything were to happen I would miss this once in a life-time opportunity. I would feel more comfortable if it was scheduled for the 15th or 22nd. But I have to complete my education classes first.

Deep Breaths... Deep Breaths....

I really need to speak with my program coordinator and push for an earlier date. And then sit back and relax!! :rolleyes:

I can understand your anxiety, it is very close to the end of the year, and I KNOW the importance of your piece of mind.

These various thoughts are no different than anyone of us had when our surgeries were forthcoming. I for one can honestly say there probably wasn't a day that went by (the closer the day gotespecially) that I didn't think about backing out because of the fear of the surgery itself. However, in all honesty, this site and all the people who had gone through what I was about to helped to negate those thoughts and I breezed throgh surgery.

My surgeons too only do surgery for LB on Tuesdays, and I knew for about a month what my date was, but I didn't know a time. The hospital notified me on the Monday ( late afternoon) when I was to be at the hospital. Talk about a nail biter. Call me a control freak, but I gotta say, that late of a call really added to all the nerousness.( just all part of this rolloercoaster ride I was talking about)

But shortly after surgery, while laying in my hospital bed (under STRONG medication I might add) after recalling all the stress and fuss, it is all of a process, and I did really make mountains out of many the proverbial mole hills. It suddenly occured to me this was a process that I had took time for that was all about me. My gosh, after years of taking care of everyone else and their needs, and trying to make everyone else happy (now I see why I ate so much) I was actually doing this incrediable thing , and it was all for ME!!!! That concept just bowled me over, and sadly made me just then realize that I should milk this for all it was worth, because it soon would be over and the real world would soon become my reality again once home from the hospital.

That is why I had said in the post above, enjoy every minute of the process. This will be all about YOU, and YOU only. This is a awesome new life that is coming your way, and will change how you look and feel about yourself...FOREVER. But this process now it all about you, and we are all here to help.

Yes, you will stress, yes, you will wonder and second guess, yes, you will want to back out, yes, you will be scared, yes, you will stew over all the negative "what if's", yes. it will add to your holiday stress, but all but the last, we have all been there, done that! Just realize Sweetie, for the first time in a very long time, or perhaps ever, this is all about you and you deserve it!!! So it is ok to allow yourselve to enjoy all the fuss over you that all the Dr.s and their staff have made, it is ok to take some time off of work (if you can), it is ok to plan your pre and post diets if any, it is ok to make the time and start pulling out those skinny clothes, it is ok to buy a childrens sippy cup with disney's princesses on it in a bright pink to help with your drinking when you get home & use it if you want!!! Heck, it is ok to go and get yourself some new slippers and robe or jammys to recouperate in for your first days home. It is all about you, try and take a deep breath and enjoy this rollercoaster ride. because it was designed all for YOU!!!

BIG,... BIG Hugs!

~Cheryl

Edited by GraciesMom

Cheryl~

Thanks for such a lovely message. I needed to wake up and read that!!

This is about ME!! I feel soo selfish for saying that. After reading your post, I feel reassured that it is okay to be thinking about ME and taking care of ME right now. For the past 6 months I have been dreading the day that I'd have to request off of work. Why, I don't know... just a fear.... But this is about ME!!

Now my only fear is not having the surgery soon enough... I'm ready to go in today!! I want to have this before my insurance changes. That is my largest fear right now~ something going wrong and me not being able to have it done on the 29th. If that were to happen then I wouldn't be able to have the surgery in the foreseeable future. I really would like to have it on Dec 15th or Dec 22nd. My surgeon does not do a pre-op liquid diet. I'm really lucky that my surgeon is willing to move the surgery date up to Dec 29th because of the change in my insurance effective Jan 1st. For me, it's just cutting it a bit close. A real nail bitter!!

Thanks Cheryl for all your encouraging words and support!! It means SO very much to me!!

Hi Everyone~

Talked to the program coordinator at my surgeon's office this morning and I am scheduled for surgery on Tuesday, December 29th at 7:30 am!!!!

28 more days til I'm banded!! :tongue2:

Hi Everyone~

Talked to the program coordinator at my surgeon's office this morning and I am scheduled for surgery on Tuesday, December 29th at 7:30 am!!!!

28 more days til I'm banded!! :tongue2:

:P:thumbup::nono::thumbup::smile2:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

26 more days until I'm banded!! :sad: I'm really excited!! :) The only queasiness I feel is about asking for time off of work. I'm afraid to talk to the store manager and ask for a week to two weeks off. It's hard to explain, but I feel guilty about taking time off. Like Cheryl stated earlier, this is about me, right?

RIGHT! You'll have to put yourself at the top of the list for awhile to be successful at this, so get used to it. This time it's all about you! You deserve this, so don't feel guilty!!!

RIGHT! You'll have to put yourself at the top of the list for awhile to be successful at this, so get used to it. This time it's all about you! You deserve this, so don't feel guilty!!!

It's really hard to think of only me right now. I have been given more responsibility at work and therefore, more hours. I am really scared to ask for time off. I feel like they will be mad at me if I ask for 1-2 weeks off. This is something I feel inside. It's difficult to explain. Basically, I'm experiencing a lot of anxiety regarding the idea of having to request time off of work. I have not requested the time off yet because of this overwhelming anxiety and because I don't want my managers to be mad at me. I'm going to request the time off next week. There are plenty of people to cover for me. I'm just don't want to upset anyone.