Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost Too Much Weight

Amy, just wanted to say congrats on all the good news!!!! Don't forget to check your insurance policy and make sure it doesn't change next year (seen a few here who were blindsided by a change to their bariatric policy in the next year). I think everyone goes through mourning the loss of food like losing a friend. The sooner you start realizing this for what it is the better off you'll be, so the fact that you're pre-band and dealing with this is a good thing (I've seen people here get depressed about this just post-op, which is even a harder time to start this). Good luck to you! -BG

You should be praising God that through all the adversity

and problems that this entire thread as seen you through, that He has cleared a path and helped you through in an amazingly fast and blessed way. All the love and caring, not to mention all the prayers spoken on your behave should override any inconsiderate store management who can't appreciate you as an employee and not just another worker. Does your job care if you get healthy, no...but do all of us who have, and are going through just exactly what you are feeling care? YES, YES, and YESSSSSS.

You can do this, you have come through so very much already do not allow anything or anyone to now come between you and health, after all isn't that what it is really about? You have rose above so much, please, make that date for as soon as you can,... do it, you will be eternally happy you did!

Hugs to you Miss Amy, and I hope you take this in the spirit it was intended.:biggrin:

Hi Cheryl,

I am soo scared to ask for time off of work. Walt's isn't very appreciative of their employees. Isn't that horrible to say??!! I have been dreading the day... the day of having to ask the store manager for time off of work since I started this process. I have more anxiety about asking for time off of work than I do about the actual surgery!

Also, the only people that know that I am having the surgery are family and close friends. No one at works knows. And how gossip is, I don't know how to tell my boss. My anxiety is high just typing this.

You're right, Cheryl. Everything you said was right and you did not offend me in any way. In fact, you made me realize that I NEED to do this for ME. I have to think of me right now. I'm SOO grateful for all the prayers that have been sent my way through this message board. I have met soo many wonderful, strong women on this thread who have supported me through the most difficult time in my life. I have to continue moving forward NOW and take control of my life NOW. God has truly blessed me and I must not take it for granted. Everything has fallen into place right now for a reason. My surgeon has all my test results now for a reason.

Thanks for the much needed kick in the butt!! Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers and being here for me. I am truly blessed. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

umystifyme,

Congrats!! Good Luck!! the hardest part for me was teh preparation ( and waiting) you are doing well!!

I'm wondering how long I will be off of work. I'm a cashier at a local grocery store. I'm hoping that I'll only be off for 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me how long they were off of work for?

umystifyme, i was off 6 days, but I was ready to go back after 4 days. It took longer because I needed to get a note from the surgeon to return to work. -because i may have been out for 5 + days, my work place required a note with an estimate how long I'd be out; needed the 2nd note to return early. The surgeon estimated 2 weeks; i know of several people who came back to work after only a few days. Remember, no lifting more than 5 # - that may bother you more as a cashier. Do rest as much as possible. It isn't just the surgery, but also the anesthesia that will wear you out.:w00t:

Edited by sue in ne

umystifyme, i was off 6 days, but I was ready to go back after 4 days. It took longer because I needed to get a note from the surgeon to return to work. -because i may have been out for 5 + days, my work place required a note with an estimate how long I'd be out; needed the 2nd note to return early. The surgeon estimated 2 weeks; i know of several people who came back to work after only a few days. Remember, no lifting more than 5 # - that may bother you more as a cashier. Do rest as much as possible. It isn't just the surgery, but also the anesthesia that will wear you out.:w00t:

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the info. It definitely gives me a better idea of how long I'll be off. Since I am a cashier, I was calculating 10-14 days b/c of the lifting, movement, and bagging. I was a bit scared b/c one of the girls in my support group was off for over two months! She was having a lot of problems though.

Thanks Sue!! :lol:

umystifyme, Good Luck :redface: Do check on how long there will be a restriction on lifting. My surgeon said no more than 5# for 30 days. I found I felt better before that, but when I tried to lift simple things ( about 5+#) I knew it was too much :smile2:( The stomach muscles for lifting are sore from the surgery.)

Good Afternoon Everyone!!

I saw my surgeon yesterday. This bit is a little strange to me as I have not seen or heard about it before. I have to attend education classes before he will perform the surgery. To say the least, I am disappointed. I wanted to be typing about my surgery date and instead, I am sitting here a bit dazed and confused, typing about these "education classes." The next classes don't start until Friday, December 11th. The classes are two hours long and I have to attend at least 3 before I can have the surgery. So it looks like I won't have the surgery until mid-Jan.

I'm venting my anger, frustration, and disappointment right now. But deep down, I'm praying and doing everything possible to remain positive. It's out of my hands right now. He did tell me to try to lose some more weight to shrink my liver. So, I am going to start working out more and do whatever I can.

Did anyone else have to attend education classes?

BTW~ He said I will only be off of work for 1-2 weeks max. Which is AWESOME news. Just wish I could be delivering you guys more awesome news... like a surgery date...

Good Afternoon Everyone!!

I saw my surgeon yesterday. This bit is a little strange to me as I have not seen or heard about it before. I have to attend education classes before he will perform the surgery. To say the least, I am disappointed. I wanted to be typing about my surgery date and instead, I am sitting here a bit dazed and confused, typing about these "education classes." The next classes don't start until Friday, December 11th. The classes are two hours long and I have to attend at least 3 before I can have the surgery. So it looks like I won't have the surgery until mid-Jan.

I'm venting my anger, frustration, and disappointment right now. But deep down, I'm praying and doing everything possible to remain positive. It's out of my hands right now. He did tell me to try to lose some more weight to shrink my liver. So, I am going to start working out more and do whatever I can.

Did anyone else have to attend education classes?

BTW~ He said I will only be off of work for 1-2 weeks max. Which is AWESOME news. Just wish I could be delivering you guys more awesome news... like a surgery date...

Ok, ok, take a deeeeeep breath, now exhale.....

1st, yes, I had a 3 1/2 hr class, seminar, whatever pre-surgery class. It was looooong, but, it was very informative and I am glad that I had that info available to me.

Second, do not do anything different as far as what is normally what you eat. When your surgeon has a exact date for you he will put you on a pre-surgery diet, that is the diet that is intended to do the liver shrinking. Go ahead and enjoy your thanksgiving. Heaven knows you have already lost enough to more than qualify. Every doctor is different with their pre-surgery diet plan, but generally all that is explained to you when you go to those classes.

You are fine, perfectly fine.:thumbup:

I am disappointed that we won't be having surgery around the same time, but hey, I can let ya know what you are in for when you are ready!:)

Ok, ok, take a deeeeeep breath, now exhale.....

1st, yes, I had a 3 1/2 hr class, seminar, whatever pre-surgery class. It was looooong, but, it was very informative and I am glad that I had that info available to me.

Second, do not do anything different as far as what is normally what you eat. When your surgeon has a exact date for you he will put you on a pre-surgery diet, that is the diet that is intended to do the liver shrinking. Go ahead and enjoy your thanksgiving. Heaven knows you have already lost enough to more than qualify. Every doctor is different with their pre-surgery diet plan, but generally all that is explained to you when you go to those classes.

You are fine, perfectly fine.:thumbup:

I am disappointed that we won't be having surgery around the same time, but hey, I can let ya know what you are in for when you are ready!:)

Whew!! Okay. :) I'm glad to know that this is not uncommon. I'm a bit confused to why I would still need these classes as I went to monthly 2 hour meetings for 8 months. I know that these were pre-op meetings/support groups, but we did learn how to eat nutritiously. Honestly, I was ready to go in next week after all these posts. I know these classes will be beneficial to me and that I'll need them. I just wish they started sooner! Especially with the holidays coming up. My clock isn't the same as God's clock though. :(

~~I wish we were going through this at the same time too. You will have to tell me every single detail. We'll only be a couple of months apart, so we can still be a great support team to one another!! It's still perfect timing. I need to really buckle down right now with the holidays coming. Yes, I have lost a good amount of weight but I don't want to gain any back.

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for you support!!! You're AWESOME!! :)

Umystifyme, Relax, :cool:We all had the class. It is important. I had a 3 hr class I had to have before surgery (Luckily I found out about it 1 hr before the last class started If I wanted surgery as scheduled)- and I left work to go. ( My surgeon scheduled the surgery once they got the insurance OK but there was a gap before they told me about the class). It is very helpful. People ask questions you may not have though of. You will get information for preparation and the operation. (Mine included the nurses from the Surgeon's Office, the Bariatric Support Group, dietitians with the the program). Every surgeon does it differently, so follow your surgeon's directions. :confused: Good Luck!

Umystifyme, Relax, :cool:We all had the class. It is important. I had a 3 hr class I had to have before surgery (Luckily I found out about it 1 hr before the last class started If I wanted surgery as scheduled)- and I left work to go. ( My surgeon scheduled the surgery once they got the insurance OK but there was a gap before they told me about the class). It is very helpful. People ask questions you may not have though of. You will get information for preparation and the operation. (Mine included the nurses from the Surgeon's Office, the Bariatric Support Group, dietitians with the the program). Every surgeon does it differently, so follow your surgeon's directions. :bored: Good Luck!

Sue,

I'm more relieved now that I know others had to take this class too. Actually, I'm looking forward to taking the class. I know I need it. Only thing is, I was a bit disappointed that the first class wasn't until December 11th. And that I have to go to a couple of classes and with the holidays, that means I have to wait until January for the surgery.

But I've come this far so I will make it! Everything will work out. At least everything is in motion right now. I'm really excited about the class. It will be here before I know it. I'm hoping to schedule my surgery soon!

Umystifyme, So you will be off Work in January. It is a good time to stay home and stay warm.The Holiday stress is over. you can concentrate on you !

Umystifyme, So you will be off Work in January. It is a good time to stay home and stay warm.The Holiday stress is over. you can concentrate on you !

I figure that I'll start the New Year off right-- a new year and a new me. It's really time to let go of this burden~ the weight, the guilt, the shame, all of these negative emotions. I need to start fresh and work on myself~ my self-esteem, self-worth, and positive emotions. This is an AWESOME time in my life and I want to embrace it all, experience it all.

The fear and anxiety I was having a week ago is gone (for now, anyways). I am truly excited to begin this new chapter in my life. I am positive that I will be taking 2 weeks off of work b/c of the lifting restriction. It will be like a little vacation after the stress of the holidays.

Relax, and just enjoy the time off. I personally enjoyed the drugs that they sent me home with...no pain...but stopped after 3 days :thumbup:

Just keep some shakes available and enjoy, for me it was a very peaceful time..since everyone was afraid of my getting the lapband... I had peace and quiet.

Seriously, what a wonderful way to start the new year... and the payoff is well worth it..... forget the pounds loss..... i I just get excited when the clothes fall off..... PRICELESS

I need a winter coat and refuse to buy on now... who know s what I will be in two months, when it snows

I had clothes saved for the weight loss (given to me by friends... so when I finally went to a store....OMG...wish that thrill on you!!!!!!

and stay only with POSITIVE people...I did not do that and when I did regress..they enjoyed it

Now, I post on these boards and it has helped tremendously... BTW...I am a positive person but when we talk about ourselves it is hard,,,and regret listening (or poisoned) by others

I figure that I'll start the New Year off right-- a new year and a new me. It's really time to let go of this burden~ the weight, the guilt, the shame, all of these negative emotions. I need to start fresh and work on myself~ my self-esteem, self-worth, and positive emotions. This is an AWESOME time in my life and I want to embrace it all, experience it all.

The fear and anxiety I was having a week ago is gone (for now, anyways). I am truly excited to begin this new chapter in my life. I am positive that I will be taking 2 weeks off of work b/c of the lifting restriction. It will be like a little vacation after the stress of the holidays.