Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost Too Much Weight

The hospital called me and my surgery date changed again! :) I'm NOW scheduled for Wednesday, December 23rd! One more week to go until I'm banded!!! I can see the finish line!! Whoo Hoo!! :unsure:

I know that you posted this a few months ago but what kind of diet did you go on. I have a friend who has to diet for six months and she would like some tips. thank you!

O wow December 23 I am so excited. It is almost time. My day to get banded is January 5. I am getting nervous. Let me know how it goes!

O wow December 23 I am so excited. It is almost time. My day to get banded is January 5. I am getting nervous. Let me know how it goes!

For me ... I was in shock, it was so easy :)

Honestly, take the meds they give you and you will not feel uncomfortable at all.

I could NOT believe in the hospital I was siting up watching TV. I asked them were is the oee bag it is not attached..they said you did not need one...and they walk you to the bathroom.

OMG...the reason they give you the meds to be high, is that you can walk around and you do.

Now I am the laziest a$$ perosn in this world and I tell you I walked but I did sleep that day when I arrived home becasue a friend convinced me that I had to wear off the anesthia.

It is one of the most amazing experiences ever and I have had surgery before....this was not... my teeth work was more trouble than this :)

Seriously, just be honest with the Dr Guy Or Dr Girl that puts you under and then it is great and wake up FINE>

And remeber the new journey is the best...I thank god every day that I had the lapband...read my blog and with all the junk I went thru... I am still healthier for it. :smile2:

I am now losing at a very nice rate even thogh I have not been ablle to do much movement due to my licensing test that I passed.

Next week, I have plans to start my rigid 3 hours a day of working out...did I say I was lazy a$$ed..I swear by the red machine and walk with Jane Austin and I love doing Richard Simmons but I do it sitting down to save my knees.

Not scared aboutt the 3 hours because I break it up.

I also keep a large ball by my seat and when watching tv I move it up and down and side to side and you can feel your metabolism going up up and away

Make this journey fun and you will only have success.

As I wrote on another board here...there was never a Saint for those who lost weight becasue there is no such things...just do it for you and realize that it is a journey and things will happen..BUT when your pants fall down...happiness....love that :tt1:

I know that you posted this a few months ago but what kind of diet did you go on. I have a friend who has to diet for six months and she would like some tips. thank you!

I didn't go on a diet, I changed my eating habits. I decided to eat healthy. I stopped eating out. No fast food and no restaurant food. I also stopped eating red meat. I also stopped eating cheese. I really cut back on my starches and did not eat any sweets. No soda, not even diet soda. I drink tons of Water. 10-12 bottles of water a day.

I weigh and measur everything. Buy a scale and lots of measuring cups. I eat lots of veggies. Lots of salads, lots of broccoli, cauliflower, and green Beans. I stay away from fruits b/c they are high in sugar.

I eat 6 ounces of Protein a day. Unlimited amount of veggies. Five servings or less of starches a day. Two servings of dairy and some healthy fats. Sometimes I will eat fruit for a snack... very rarely though.

Also, I WAS exercising 5-7X/week. Any type of movement is great

Hope this helps a little! :biggrin: I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I'm nervous too!

Amy

2 more days until I'm banded!!

WHOO HOO!! :thumbup:

1 MORE DAY UNTIL I AM BANDED!!!

My surgery is scheduled for 1 pm tomorrow, Wed. Dec 23rd. I am soo very excited!! B) I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming!!

You are not dreaming!!!!!!!!!!

mine was Valentines Day

Yours will be Christmas

Are they sending you home or sleeping over?

You are not dreaming!!!!!!!!!!

mine was Valentines Day

Yours will be Christmas

Are they sending you home or sleeping over?

I'm being sent home.

I'm being sent home.

Great!!!

You will be fine and you can always come on the boards for answers B)

Great!!!

You will be fine and you can always come on the boards for answers :tongue:

Thanks! I'm sure I'll be on here asking lots of questions!

They called me and changed my surgery time from 1 pm to 10:30 am which is AWESOME!!

Umystifyme, Congrats!! :welldoneclap:Even if you are going home, sometimes they hold you overninght. Don't know how far you'll travel but that may be a good thing, considering the weather. I, too, found oral surgery more difficult. This was less painful. Do stay on top of the pain and take any pain meds offered!! You just have to drink and watch what you drink. Do rest As soon as you feel like it. Walking is good. Merry Christmas !! It will be a great New Year:cheers2::tongue:

Umystifyme, Congrats!! :welldoneclap:Even if you are going home, sometimes they hold you overninght. Don't know how far you'll travel but that may be a good thing, considering the weather. I, too, found oral surgery more difficult. This was less painful. Do stay on top of the pain and take any pain meds offered!! You just have to drink and watch what you drink. Do rest As soon as you feel like it. Walking is good. Merry Christmas !! It will be a great New Year:cheers2::)

Merry Christmas Sue!! And yes, it will be a GREAT New Year!! :) I'm BANDED!!!!! :lol: I'm SOOO EXCITED. Yes, I am sore and a bit uncomfortable. But it will be so worth it!! I got home just in time, right before the rain turned into ice. I've been sleeping all evening and getting ready to go back to bed. Just wanted to post on here real quick first.

I was able to eat a little chicken Soup and a fudgscicle. Everything is staying down fine. :w00t:

I took my pain meds and am off to happy dreams!

Thanks for all your support. Good night!!

I'm BANDED! I'm BANDED!! I'm BANDED!! What an AWESOME feeling!! :blink:

Merry Christmas Ya'll!!! Jesus is the REASON for the SEASON!! Joy, Peace, and Love to all!! Enjoy this wondrous day with your family and friends!

Hugs,

Amy

I'm experiencing a lot of gas and gurgling. Absolutely no pain. Just wondering if this was "normal?"