Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm going to be a senior in high school this year. I will be 5 weeks and 4 days post op when school starts, I was realllllly excited to go back, now I'm nervous to go back. I'm going to be telling my schools nurse about it(very good idea) if she's there tomorrow and I need to find out who my gym teacher will be (cause they forgot to give me a gym period) so I can tell him/her about it and hopefully they don't tell the other teachers, should I tell the principle too? Anyways my biggest fear about going back is getting sick, like nausea sick anywhere during the school say even on the bus. And I worry about not getting enough sleep, I don't get enough now it's like I can't get to bed at normal hour. But yeah my biggest is getting sick and missing a lot of school. Ugh it deffinately not how I planned my last year. I worry the worst when I'm not feeling well and that Is like now. I have a headache and I'm tired and I have a nasty taste in my mouth from reflux I supposed and I hope to get whatever fill I have in, out, some people said they had reflux and their band was too tight and needed a unfill and I have that band that has a fill in it during surgery and they felt better after. Dang I forgot my though ugh! Hate when that happens

I know you guys told me I worry too much but that's just me ok ok so I wake up this morn and where my band is it kind of sore, could it be from tossing and turning all night?

so I feel fine other than feeling like I've been punched in my stomach and the reflux or whatever that is, like I said, hopefully my dr could take the fill out, maybe I'm the kind of person who can't handle the fill and maybe I'll feel better (fill was in since surgery) and maybe that's why I've been nauseated, BINGO! Right?

your still healing.. your stomach is still swollen. give it 5-6 weeks. your tummy has been through alot. You do worry too much! Im bad about being a worrier as well.. just dont read any horror storys or anything! puts thoughts in your head that oh my gosh.. what if that happend to me.. just calm down.. dont read th ebad stuff and take it easy!

ok thanks (:

I honestly dont think u need to tell your school about ur band. The only person that would know would be the nurse and Im sure she will have that on file along with your medical history..And Im sure ur doctor can write up a note to ur gym teacher to let him or her know that u cannot do certain activites until a certain period of time

I told my councelor, well my mom did, and I was going to tell the nurse but they were gone for lunch I guess and I didn't want to wait an hour for her to get back and yup I'm getting a note from my surgeron on September 2nd. By the way, does anyone know what a narrowing is?

good thing u told ur counselor...u can always talk to them when u have problems

yup that's true

why don't you just tell your school nurse and privacy laws will not allow her to tell anyone else unless you want her too

if is of no business to anyone else

I am going to be telling my school nurse, she deffinately needs to know

Hi Erin,

If you are eating lunch in school with your friends, Please remember to eat slow, small bites and chew, chew, chew so you don't have any problems with getting stuck or PB'ing. I know when I am eating with friends and we get caught up in conversations or just a b***h session I sometimes have to remind myself!!

Good luck girly girl...Remember relax and enjoy the new you!

G'ma

I don't have a lunch period so I'm gonna have to talk to my 6th period teacher if I can have my lunch then or just bring something simple to bring on my way to cosmetology

I'll deffinately make sure I chew very well, having a PB in school would suck and be embarrassing

I will it's just right now, I feel like total crap nobody isnt answering my other thread about what a narrowing is cause I might have one and it might need to be stretched ugh

I chose not to have a lunch pd so I could have the classes I wanted, but we are alowed to have lunch in our class rooms and when I have study hall I'll have my lunch and the days I don't I'll have lunch the pd after