Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Halloween Challenge

Hi all! I am down again this week but I am not having a hard time with it because I am soooo tight. It has been better this week. I have had a couple of minor bping but I have not been sick-sick 3 and 4 times like the previous weeks.

I am at 196 which is my first official weigh-in in onederland :seeya: but with hormones raging in the coming week:ohmy:, I am thinking it is a good possibility that I may have no loss but we will see because I will be exercising as long as my bike doesn't break again.

My goal was originally 195 but I should be there in a week or maybe 2 so I am going to adjust that down to 190 which is still very doable. I am actually hoping to be in the 180s.

Keep it up! Remember where we are today is much much better than where we were last year!:blushing:

Great job last week Tutornmom! You too Heartfire!

Even with going to a Greek Festival last night and eating some yummy stuff, I posted a loss this week!

Last week: 221.2

This week: 219.8 Finally out of the 220s!!!!

Loss of 1.4 lbs.

4.8 lost since beginning of challenge, 5.8 to go to challenge goal.

Edited by MistyD65

Great job, Misty!!

~~~~~

Last week: 174.9

This week: 172.5

Goal: 170

Weird week of ups and downs on the scale. Being sick really threw me off for a few days. I was as low as 170 and as high as 179, THIS WEEK! Had no clue what today was going to be like. Crazy I tell ya!

Where is everyone? I knew that I had been away; I have just had too much going on but I wondered why I wasn't getting email updates. I finally got out here to check and no one is posting.

I made my original goal of 195 but I am not sure if I will meet the second one I set. I am on a sugar kick and I can't seem to stop.:cursing: Hopefully this to will pass!

Please post and let me know how you are doing.

Hi! I'm glad you checked in and you made your goal!!!! WTG!!

I haven't posted b/c I gained... again. I've been in a funk and I'm eating and most of it's crap. Hate when I do this. Trying to get back on track but having a really hard time.

So,

last week: 174.1

this week: 175.6

It sucks.

My goal WAS 170 but now I'm just hoping to not gain AGAIN! We'll see what happens.

Great job tutornmom! Here's to your 2nd goal!

Heartfire, I'm right there with you. I haven't even written down my weights for the past two weeks on my calendar. I had put on about 2 pounds I think. Like you, I've been eating crap, and not because I'm hungry. It's simply because I want to eat. I did have a stressful week last week, because we had to put our 12 year old cat to sleep on Monday. I sure some of my eating was a form of comfort. I do have to say though, even when I do "binge" it's not the same as pre-band. It's more likely to be little nibbles of several things rather than a whole lot of anything. I was really feeling out of control at the end of last week, but I'm doing better now. I think some of it was hormonal, too.

I'm hoping to have a happy scale day on Friday. Even being where I was the last time I weighed in would be good!

Hang in there Heartfire and MistyD! It sounds like it is the season for being stuck on eating the wrong foods! I am right there with you.

The only reason I have lost so much in the past 6 weeks was because I got too much of a fill. I got in the habit of eating whatever I wanted if it would actually go down but now I have to readjust to eating like I need to eat. I did better yesterday and prayerfully will do better than that today.

Just think where you are today compared to where you were last year. I put on one of my favorite shirts from last year in trying to clean out my closet. It wasn't just too big. It literally looked like a sack. I was weariing that shirt last winter and feeling good about it.

We have come too far to give up now! :lol:

Thanks you two. I really appreciate the support.

I managed a loss for the week.

I'll take the 3/10s. It's ugly but it's a loss and NOT a gain.

I do make myself write it all down. I don't like it but it's there whether it's on paper or not so I make myself own up to it and put it in my calendar and on my ticker/signature. It then makes me feel better when I can also add the losses. Meager tho they may be.

Hope y'all have a good week.

Hey all,

Loss this week down to 192. I felt like I was still eating way too much junk but I guess exercise made up for it. I might actually make that goal of 190 but it isn't likely because we are going out of town.

Well, here we are at the end of the Halloween Challenge! I didn't post my weight last week, but I was back down to 219.6 after having gotten back up to at least 222 at one point. I was happy to have gotten back under control. And this week was even better - I lost 2.4 pounds to put me at 217.2!!

Start 224.6

End 217.2

Total - 7.4 lbs Not the 10 I wanted, but given the way things went, I'll take it!

One thing I did this week was reexamine my portion sizes and make sure I only served myself a small portion. My mind still thinks I have to have certain amounts of things to be able to enjoy them. Bad mind!!!! It's going to always be a struggle, but it has gotten easier, and will continue to get easier every time I make the right choices.

Edited by MistyD65

Well, I managed to GAIN! Part of the problem is that I went off my HCTZ and it helps w/water weight as well as BP. Had to go back on it yesterday. BP isn't quite ready for me to be completely free of my meds. I'm down to a 1/4 of a pill tho and we'll see how that works for me for awhile.

So my end weight was 178.3. I think my start was about 175. something. Can't remember now!

Thanks, Misty! I think you did GREAT! Congrats on your loss!!

Edited by heartfire
oops

Hi all,

I didn't record my starting weight but I did say that 195 would be 11 lbs and I reached 188. I guess that means I lost 18 lbs which feels great to me.

To those of you who are beating yourself up for only a few lbs REMEMBER I got a fill at the beginning of this that was truly WAY too tight but I didn't let them take any out. My results are strictly the band but it still feels good.

I think we need to start a Christmas or New Year Challenge. These really help me stay focused and get out here to keep track and I need that. The August All-stars have really fallen away and I need to keep weighing in with someone because this is the only support group I have.

Heartfire, I haven't been able to get off my BP meds either, but I'm taking half of what I used to, so that's a good thing. Don't worry about your gain, just keep focusing on tomorrow! And Celebrate getting down to 1/4 of your former BP med dosage.

Great job tutornmom! I've been going back and forth on whether to get another fill or not. On one hand, I'd love for the weight to come off faster. On the other, I know that most of the things I've been eating too much of are slider foods, so a tighter band won't make much difference. Maybe I'll make up my mind by my appt in December.

I do think we should have another challenge, even if it's just the 3 of us! I vote for New Year, with the final weigh-in on New Year's Eve. If we start on Thursday, it is 8 weeks until New Year's Eve. What do you think?

I do think we should have another challenge, even if it's just the 3 of us! I vote for New Year, with the final weigh-in on New Year's Eve. If we start on Thursday, it is 8 weeks until New Year's Eve. What do you think?

Thanks, Misty. And I am pleased to be using a lot less BP meds. Just too focused on the scale, I guess.

I think we should do another challenge so I'm in. Same goal. Still trying to get to 170!!

Start weight: 179!

Great job on your loss, turtonmom!!!

Edited by heartfire
Forgot to add start weight!

Hi Ladies....I have been looking for some inspiration to lose 20 pounds by New Years. I was wondering if I could join you in your challenge? I have been banded for 3+ years and have managed in the last year to put on extra weight. I always found that challenges on this web site kept me inspired.