Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Bandsters!!come out come out wherever you are

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f282/ctober-dyssey-2008-a-73717/

Here is a link to the other October thread.

Dragonwillow I was an outpatient, went in at 6:30 in the morning and was home in bed by around 4:30 that afternoon. I felt fine until about 2:00 am when i woke up in a bit of pain (I found I couldn't wait 6 hours between pain liquids) but a bit of sitting up in a chair, pain meds and a heating pad brought the pain back down enough so I could go back to bed.

Good luck to all you Smashing Pumpkins out there! I will have been banded one year on October 18. It has been a really wonderful year for me (70 lbs. to date).

I have only ONE regret: that I didn't do it SOONER!!

Best wishes to everyone and I know you'll have have wonderful success!

P.S. I LOVE my lapband!!:)

Hello Oct. Bandster. My date oct 17th. So excited to start this journey. I was shocked to hear that many of you have to be on a special diet before. my diet starts at midnight. Also I don't spend the night. I go in at 1:00 pm and will be on my way home around five(if all goes well). So good luck. look forward to reading all the success stories.

hello newgram

the reason the dr. has patients go on the liquid diet is so their liver will shrink. the liver has to picked up so they can get to the top of the stomach. if you don't follow my dr. diet and he gets in your stomach and sees that the liver hasn't shrunk and is too big, he will take you right back out of the operating room. this is for our own good.

with the lap band he wants you to stay over night. i'm glad because if you have a problem some one will be there.

i bet you are getting excited. it won't be long now!!!

:thumbup:good luck with your surgery.......I had my surgery on Oct. 1st........ this week on thursday I see surgeon and nutritionist for my 2 week check-ups.......good luck........ I am two weeks ahead so if you have any questions i will try and help.:thumbup:

Lin

Ara...............can you explain what a smashing pumpkin is???????

:thumbup:Wonderful results keep up the good work.....my 2 week checkup is Thursday so I will find out how i am doing soon enough.

Linro:closedeyes:

Hello , So only five more days for me. I guess im getting a little obsessive all i think about is this sugery..me me me....A little different than before i started this process.. I was wondering what is the pain level the next day? And how long before taking baths...i love to soak in my old claw foot at night. One more how long before starting to work out? i am going to be more dedicated this time. I paid for a year at the gym. and ready to restart and reclaime my life. I love reding the posts here it has answered sooooo many of my questions...Thanks everybody!! Be happy!!

Linro a smashing pumpkin is anyone who is banded in Oct. Seems thta on this board monthly groups are very popular and they all have catchy names...August All-Stars etc.

Hey ara

i appreciate the help.......yes i kind of thought it might be something like that but i haven't been on this site until after surgery on a regular basis.....thanks again

linro

I was banded 10/8. I have been on liquids since the 7th. I can not wait for next week to start stage three. I have been suffering with shoulder pain. I am told it is gas and for some reason gets stuck menupop.gifthere. :smile:

The funny thing that amazes me is that I am not hungry. I do have to remember that I am banded and need to take small sips. Today I made beef broth (a lot less salt than the cans) and I drank it to fast. I was so uncomfortable the whole day.:)

I met with the surgeon tomorrow for a check up. I will keep you posted.

I bought two different types. Isopure liquid (20 oz at 40gms) and Unjury powder. Unjury has sample packs that you can order for 12.95 you get all the flavors and that included shipping for me.