Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Colonics-anyone ever have one-or several?

TonyBia

I was just curious if anyone had a colonic and what their experience was with it? It would seem that after years of bad eating and finally eating less and more healthy that all that "bad" stuff stuck in the system would be great to get out. I was just wondering if the hype some sites seems to talk about is really there or will it be a disappointment.

I read somewhere where one person lost like 40 pounds of stuff after several colonics. I hope I don't have that much stuff backed up but nevertheless I do wonder.

So what have been your experiences with colonics?

T

Never had one but had a really funny dream only a few weeks ago....

We had a big formal work function on for Doug's work and I dreamed I booked in for a facial beforehand. But when I showed up it was a colonic irrigation instead, they'd stuffed the appointments up. I thought "Oh well, at least I'll have a flat stomach for tonight" so I went ahead and did it anyway.

Anyway, after they'd connected me up, I dreamed vividly of the um "stuff" that was flowing away down the clear plastic tube. I was horribly embarrassed by it. But I decided to go shopping anyway, lol because the tube was really long and I could just tie my jacket around my waist to hide it. It gets even better though, after that I decided to drop into Doug's mum and dad's place for dinner and my tube was all coiled up behind me over the front lawn. In the tube were kilos and kilos of quartered potatoes and peas. I was really embarrassed because all the people in the street could see it and I thought "gee, I"ve really got to chew my food better".

Do you think I should be committed?

Do you think I should be committed?

OMGosh, that's quite a dream!!! Very funny!

I'd like to know more as well. The closest I have come to any kind of colon cleansing is Super Dieter's Tea. Man, that stuff really works but it will really make you cramp up. It's been so long since I've had it I have forgotten why, I just remember promising myself not to drink that stuff again. I was pretty cleansed, though!

Speak up, colonic people...we want to know the scoop!!

I have not had one - but am also looking into doing it. The organic health food store in my area gives recommendations - I looked into a provider who charges $70 for the first session and $40 for everyone after that. I plan on getting my first one in 2 weeks - keep me updated and I will do the same. And your right - it just makes sense to get all the junk out since we're putting good stuff in now - and I've also heard and read of people losing a significant amount of weight after they've completed their sessions. The lady I spoke with said the session lasts an hour and half and it varies on each individual on how many sessions you'll need. My step dad needed 15 while my mom is on her 8th and they estimtaed a total of 10 for her.

What is the difference between a colonic and an enema? When I researched enemas I kept reading about filling the bottom with some warm Water, holding it in and releasing... same as you described Jack. I'm a bit confused!

Maggie

colonics are like an extreme professional enema - i don't know but i think enema's are only used to clean out whats down the canal area where the colonics actually go up into your colon area - I could be wrong - that was just my impression - like enemas are only temporary cleans - dunno