Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

400 Pound Bandsters Report In With NSV's Please

what is a nsv?

thank you

NSV means "non scale victory". So like, being able to wear a small size of pants; sleeping without a cpap; not needing a seat belt extender any longer; etc. Any changes you notice that make you feel better really :)

Ohhhh, thank you

I have a GREAT ONE

Bran new.. from last night

I can weigh on the scale at the YMCA becasue it only goes to 350 pounds and I am 340 now.,

I used to have to drive to the next town... to a medical clinic just to weigh myself.

Now I can do it at the ymca where I go often...

Woo Hoo

NYKEE-that is awesome !!!!!!!! You have done so well and should be so proud of yourself !! keep up the good work. Looking good girl!

I wasn't "quite" 400. I was 390... will that do?

It all seems so long ago - I look at pictures of myself and 'know' it's me... bit I can't get my head around it.. (sounds daft...).

NSV's?

running for a bus without my boobs giving me Black eyes ! hehe

RUNNING !

Showering without having to lean against the wall to reach my bum.

being able to wipe myself in the loo (sorry)

Getting my shoes on without getting into a sweat & breathless that I'd need a minute to recover.

Crossing my legs !!! (I like that one!)

Sex - being more adventurous... :)

Husband - He married me when I was at my heaviest weight - he said he loved me no matter what my size... Though I think he prefers me this way... He can get his arms all the way round me now and thinks I'm more 'bendy'! lol

Work - I've always had a desk job - so thats not changed much. I get more 'attention' from the fella's (not sexual or anything)... but more like being included in the 'in' jokes. I even managed to get myself promoted !

Family - some of my family we're a little 'resistant' with me getting the band - funny what happens when they saw me succeed... it's no longer the 'easy way out' - now after 2 years, my sister and brothers wife are going for it... they bloomin want it!

Clothes - from size 30/32 - now in size 16's YEAY ! having a choice !!!

Walking - being able to walk for more than 500 yards without taking a break.

Babies - being knocked back for fertility treatment coz I was 'Too Heavy - too high a risk' - now i've been accepted no questions asked !

There are so many - it's a longer road for the heavier weights - but it definately works !!!

Love this thread !

Aud x

Parvathi you are on the ball as always.

Nykee that is awesome, my mouth dropped open because that is one of my goals. Oh I can't wait to see. Nykee are most certainly and inspiration. Keep up the great work.

Audrey-WOW you have done it. That is amazing!!! I can't wait...I just can't wait!!

Audrey you look awesome, I am just seeing these pictures. Are you under 200 yet? You look great but do you think you need any surgery? If so what are you going to have done?

My recent NSV is to realize my rolls aren't as deep as they use to be. LOL They are actually rolling away. Ah ha ah ha ha ha I'm silly.

This is how I proove I am loosing weight:

Two lumps on my lower right leg are alot smaller (were pretty deforemed before)

My left upper arm has this undescribeable ledge.. like hard bump thing..it hirt when people touched the area..(kinda like that hard area below the back and above the butt some of us get)

Well, its all soft and flabby now.

I had this stomach roll directly under my breasts, it has a crease down the middle and looked like a second set of boobs (B cups)...

NOW, the crease is like 75% gone and now boobie looking at all.. and the whole blob is like 6 inches lower..

My big scar (where the band went in, was just under my breasts and now its ALOT lower.

Plus I can fit in my kids shoes now.. we wear size 8-9... but they were too tight (I had to wear 11's) and now I can wear the size I was (8) before I got all obese..

You go Niki, you got me over here laughing because my daughter hugs me know and says look how much farther I can get my arms around you. Before she would say look I can touch my fingers together around you. I take it in and say wait let me put arm in, ok now two arms. LOL I didn't think about it until now that she has gotten taller and her arms also may be a little longer. LOL LMBO ROTF and Carrie's IAPIMP ( I almost peed in my pants). LOL

Niki the shoe thing is cool. I couldn't wear a little heel and now I'm wearing a 1 1/2 inch heel everyday and looked at some 2 1/2 inch heels the weekend. PAYLESS here I come. LOL

grrrr,

I see I been battling this same weight since NOVEMBER? like 5 months?

I am glad not to be at 400, but I soooo want to be in the 200's...

299.. makes me cry when i think of it actually happeneing.

Hi Nykee, you said it. It is a battle but at least we know we can win this battle. It is amazing that Ericalynn decided to bumb this thread the day I annouse I am no longer 400 pounds. I am the proud owner of 398 pounds.....YEAHHHHHHHHH. I have already set some short term and long term goals right up to my bandiversary.