Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

400 Pound Bandsters Report In With NSV's Please

WOW Becky that is awesome!!!!! Since April...... that is amazing. Tell me your story. How much did you start at? How did you loose it? How do you eat? Did you have any major problems? Do you exercise? Shareeeeee Please......

Teresa....no real secrets to it, just blessed with a fast metabolism! I lost 106 pounds in 6 months about 5 years ago on Atkins but gained it all back and about 50 more. So I knew I would lose fast with the band and by doggie, I am and loving it! I basically eat whatever I want, just really small portions. I try to make wise choices and most times do but if I get the craving for something I eat it, just LOTS less than I used to. I try and stay around 1200 calories a day but somedays it's more and somedays, less. I just know it's working for me and thank the good Lord it is! I exercise but I'm not real regular with it. I walk as much as possible and I lock myself in my bedroom at night and turn on music and dance myself silly! I hope no one ever peeks in the window or they might think I was having a seizure! I just know I don't particularly like to "exercise" but dancing is fun and I don't mind doing that. I had no major health problems before surgery and I've told my surgeon that with my luck, now that I'm losing weight I'll probably start falling apart! Hopefully not though. I have set myself a goal that within 2 years I want to be at my goal weight and I want to go to work as a patient counselor and show people that this DOES work even for people that started out weighing as much as I did!

You Go Becky, coodoos to you. I like that dancing thing also, when songs come on or videos I like I will dance. You are doing a great job, keep it up. I also want to help people once I loose more weight. I am so excited.

I lost 5 pounds last night at my weekly weigh in which brings me down a whopping 50 pounds. Hey, just like Kirsty Alley, except hers look better. LOL I am so excited. Keep it up Becky or should I say down.

Teresa...first off, I just love that dancing banana! It makes me giggle every time I see it. You're doing great, too! 50 pounds in three months...way to go girl! You and I both started out at nearly the same weight and it helps boost my theory that us "big girls" seem to lose a little faster than our smaller band sisters. Do you ever look on some of the posts and see the starting weights and think man if I weighed that I'd feel positively skinny? LOL My older sister weighed 223 the day of her surgery and now she's below 200 but I can't help thinking I just long for the day that I only weigh 223! But, the good news....we know we'll get there! Thanks again for starting this thread. It has helped me more than I could ever say knowing I ain't the only one in this boat!

Hi Becky, I love the banana too. I someone else with it and had to have it. I feel like that banana everytime I loose weight. Thank you for your encourgement and your support. I started this thread because I did feel like I was the only really big one out here. I am finding out it doesn't matter what size you are, we all have the same problems.

I'm glad we loose faster initially, because we have so much too loose. I also look at what weight people started at and I go wow that' my goal. LOL It is almost imagainable to myself at 250. I started out with the thought of getting down to 300 but now I think I can even get below 250 one day.

I am so happy for finding this site. I feel better and better as time goes on. I can't believe it has only been 3 months since my surgery and I have lost 50 pounds. WOW!!! I wore a jacket this morning that I ordered on line last year and it didn't fit and there were no returns. I felt stupid but now I can wear it.

Becky I can't wait to say say I lost 96 pounds, that is awesome. How do you feel, how much more do you want to loose, what special thing have you done for yourself?

I want to buy clothes and shoes when I loose enough weight. I want coats and jackets, high heeled shoes. I want to be able to put on a diffrent coat or jacket according to my outfit that fits every so nicely. I want to put on a pair of heels that fit and walk my walk. I can't wait. I printed out a picture of hooker heels yesterday. LOL If you put on a pair of really high heels you feel sexy. I want to feel sexy instead of like a monster.

OMG I love looking at my ticker. I think I am going to print one out and put it on my desk. I picked the fireworks because my birthday is July 4 and the pink shoe because I want to wear a pair of heels. Right now I wear big ugly tennis shoes. Thanks for listening.

Hey everyone - not a member of your club so don't want to intrude - just wanted to show support - you all are doing wonderful and I love to read the updates! Keep em comin!

Thank You CandySmooch, that was sweet of you. How are you doing, I see you have lost 8. I love to loose anything. I was stuck for about 4 weeks and gained 2 pounds. I was upset but I was not eating properly. I was doing fine until yesterday and I decided to eat everything that I could.

well part of my slow weight loss is my own fault - i don't choke down as much Water as I should - but i'm confused does crystal light count for water intake? i can drink the crap outta that stuff but plain water makes me gag so much I can only get down about 32oz a day and that's on a good day. i'm not excercising as much as i should be - i'm only walking 20 minutes a day about 3 times a week, but i'm not used to excercising at all! and i don't make the best food choices all the time, and I need another fill cuz I'm just not there yet.........so I've had to work for those 8lbs and it ain't been pretty. i go for my next fill oct. 19th - i think i've lost another 1lb or 2 but i don't keep scales at my house so i won't know till i weigh in at the docs. thanks for inquiring :D

Crystal light does count as Water. It is very important to get that 48oz in and more. That 20 minutes a day is excellent, just keep that up and you begin to increase it.

Do any foods make you stuck?

A major NSV for me this weekend! I got some Lane Bryant gift certificates for my birthday and Saturday night I went shopping to of course Lane Bryant as those certificates were burning a hole in my pocket! Now our local Lane Bryant carries only up to size 26 so before I lost some weight, I couldn't fit into any of the clothes. This time though....I could fit into everything I tired on! I had a ball and walked out of there with 4 shirts and two skirts! I started out trying on size 26s and ended up being able to fit into size mostly 22s! I couldn't wait to wear one of my new outfits to work today but here in Texas it still feels like summertime so I'd ended up sweating to death if I wore my new fall clothes so hopefully a cold front will come through and I can strut around like a peacock in my new size 22 finery! Wow, I won't know how to contain myself when I can go shopping somewhere that doesn't specialize in large size clothes but I soooooo look forward to that day!

I am glad I found this thread..

Hello to all and WOW on all the weight loss.

I started at 415

No one can tell I have lost weight either.

NSV:

Energy.. I cant take my pills, I dont feel better yet.

Sex.... I have had a sexy boy for 3 years who I have a ton of fun with... But Now I'm at the size I was when I was dating 10 yrs ago at bars and picking up guys and had some game.... But I look at myself and think 'no way'...I sure dont feel like her.. (well she was 25... not 35,,lol)

Sleep.. no diff

Bras.. fitting into smaller sizes

Cuddling.. .. I am not prepared for all the sagging weirdness thats going on and think I may not like to be touched as much as I have been

Shoes.. I got 3 new pair and wear them without fear of falling..

Clothes.. the same

Seatbelt.. iI still shoove it under my boob, I should try it out.

Shower.. no diff

attitude.. same but happy to be 349

hubby.. no thanks

Apperance.. same

Oh my goodness Becky that is awesome. I can only imagine how that felt to expect to fit into their largest and was able to go down another 2 sizes. Awesome!! I can't wait for that day. You go girl keep up the great work.

Nykee How does is feel to out of the 400'2? Did you shoe size go down? 66 pounds gone is amazing. Nykee I am also waiting for that day I can say I am under 400 pounds. Tonight I weigh in and I am nervous. I did not try real hard this week to exercise or eat better so I can only pray that the scale goes down.