Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

400 Pound Bandsters Report In With NSV's Please

Nykee....I love this thread! It makes me feel no so alone. I'm so glad that Teresa started it! Teresa.....good luck tonight! That was my first mini goal, to be under 400 pounds. I made it thank goodness and now I can't wait to bust the 300 mark all to pieces! The best part is...we know we will get there this time and keep on seeing those numbers go down!

I remember the day I got on the scale and it said 402...

I was hovering around 380 for a few years

For some reason, i was shocked.. it had never occured to me that I would hit 400.

I starting to cry tears that fell outta my eyes automatically no matter how i tried to stop and was wiping them off..

I wasnt 400 for very long..

But I was 350 for like 10 years... so i really wanna be under 300 the most.

I recal being 14-15 yrs old and never even thinking that I would ever weigh 200 pounds...

thats a hoot

I had a kinda good weekend. I wish I was small so I could shop the way I want to. Although I have lost 50 pounds I still can't really wear the clothes in the plus size stores. I wear a size 30 or 32 but what stores go up to that size and on top of that I am 6'1" so everything is short even if it does have enough elastic to stretch over my enomous, hanging even more now, stomach. When you loose weight first the top of your stomach drops down into the big bottom part and I guess some of the back fat falls down also. I'm glad it is going somewhere but I still can't wear a smaller size yet. I need to be thankful because it is allowing me to fit into what I have neater or it is now too big but not quiet to the next size down yet.

I was having up and down moments while out spending money and wishing I could fit into a size 26.

YOU,Have ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED ALOT BY GETTING THE BAND! now 50 pound,s of weight loss, thats so,great!

Pretty soon you will be looking in the mirror and asking who is this,and have to go spend money on new cloth. Good luck with your weight loss goal,s you will get there in time.

Most of all God Bless.

Teresa check out cathrines.com Their 5-pocket Liz & Me jeans are AWESOME, and they go up to size 38 in 4 colors. I'm not sure what their Tall sizes go up too. But I wear a 38 average and its the only place I can find jeans and I love them, they are great quality and fit in all the right spots.

AND if you order a pair and they don't fit right, the return policy for them is very easy to work with and their customer care has always been great to me. :-)

JQ you are always an inspiration. Thank you and great job on your loss.

Hi Erica They stop making tall after 26. Thanks on the tip to check the site because they have a coupon for registering also. LOL I like coupons. I did get a beautiful coat from there the weekend.

Hi, I love reading this link!!! I get my first fill on Thursday the 10th, but can totally tell I'm already loosing weight --- My pants fall off, the ones I couldn't button before surgery, now come off with a tug. HA, I never thought things would move this quickly. I'm totally amazed, my DH said we can go clothing shopping, but wow. OK, so it wasn't a goal, but it was something I had to share. My scale goal is to be able to say I've lost 300 POUNDS, but these little things are amazing me every day.

all my pants fall off as I sleep too...

they never did that before!

so yes, changes are a happening

even when 65 pounds isnt much for us biggins.. we can still feel it happening

LOL that is funny, just as long as your pants don't fall off in public. I'm waiting for my pants to fall off, I'm excited about seeing them fall off. LOL Congratualtions you guys, you are doing it. Slow and steady is the answer.

lol teresa

Well they DO kinda slip as I drive or sit in a car...

I have to pull them up... THATS NEW

Ya know the phenominom that you cant feel when your fat is sticking out..

well maybe its just me

but that problem is like 10x's worse now .. But no complaints

I weighed 408lbs on my surgery day. At my 8 month Bandiversary I was down 100lbs! Since January I've lost 126lbs. Can you imagine? I lost a supermodel! I need to lose one more to get to my goal of 180lbs.

Life is so much easier now. Sometimes I see people's starting weights and think, hell, I wish I was that weight right now, I would've never had surgery. Unless you've been where we are, or where we were, people just don't get how difficult life is, just the little things. Taking a shower was a workout in itself for me. I found it difficult to stay standing up the entire hour it took me to get ready in the morning. Shaving my legs was precarious at best, trying my best to scrub all the hidden parts, then trying to make sure they dried completely before putting powder between my rolls to prevent chafing. For me, the biggest personal hygiene victory was (close your eyes guys) being able to put in a tampon while standing up. Ok, ok, tmi. I'll stop... lol

Getting banded is the best thing I've done for myself. My upstairs apartment used to be my prison. When I got home from work, I didn't go out again until I went to work the next day. Now, I work out 4 days a week and I absolutely love it. My blood pressure is normal. Hopefully this weight loss will prevent me from ever getting diabetes. Slowly but surely, the levels on my cpap machine are getting lowered too. By the time I reach goal, my sleep apnea will be gone and I won't have to use a machine anymore.

Life is grand!

Mercy

So my friends that have had the band are getting all kinds of free clothing off of freecycle and craigslist. I'm buying my cloths at full price at Cathrine's has anyone found an inexpensive alternative for bigger sizes. (I'm talking like jeans size 30+ and shirts 3x and 4x)

*LAUGHTER* ok, now I think I might be complaining that I'm loosing weight. LOL -- so I don't mind having to buy smaller cloths, but it sure would be nice to find a deal somewhere.

My husband, suggested a rope to hold my pants up!!!! HOW TACKY would THAT LOOK!!!

weight.png

LOL poor Ericalynn has to buy smaller clothes. Congratualtions that is wonderful. The only suggestion I have is to get Catherines Perk Card. It gives you 10% off and they have specials where they give you an extra 20% off. Figure magazine always has coupons for Catherines, Fasion Bug and Lane Bryant. Be sure to subscribe to those store websites along with Avenue and they will email you coupons also. Good Luck, I see you getting smaller....smaller....smaller.... is that you shopping in the junior section.