Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Aug 10th - just tired...

I was banded Monday, Aug 10th:thumbup:. I'm sore still, most of my discomfort appears to be from the hiatel hernia repair; a little discomfort near the incisions. My biggest complaint is that I'm so very tired.

I'm walking around the yard and the house to keep gas at bay - I'm just extremely fatigued and worry if this will pass in the next week as I'm scheduled to return to work on the 24th.

I'll bring this up with the dr Thursday when I return for my follow up appt.

By the way, I can't wait to get a good nights sleep; sleeping with 3 pillows bracing me doesn't make for comfortable sleep.

hi, i too was banded on aug 10, and i ma in the same boat you are, pains i guess from gas and around the port area, but 1 thing is i am always hungry, are you?, i am from wva so not too far from you, good luck

I was banded aug 11. Just wondering, are you taking anything for your pain? I, too, was feeling very tired and couldn't get a good nights rest, but it was because of my medication. I really don't have much gas, but the occasion that I do I know that it is very painful. I also had a hiatal hernia repair but I don't feel much discomfort. I think sometimes I feel the band in my chest, but it turns out to be gas. Burping has never been such a blessing. Keep walking around. I sleep on my back and sometimes I can get comfortable so I found a way to nudge myself in between 2 pillows almost to make it so I am half on my back half on my side. It has helped me sleep much better in terms of my pulling my insicion site. Hope you get better and know this will pass, and soon.

Everyone's body handles surgery different. You're probably tired because you're body is using all of it's energy to heal itself. Also, your caloric intake is soooo low right now, you're barely taking in enough to make it through the day. This is completely normal. As you start feeling better, drinking more, moving on to the next diet stage, etc then your energy will slowly come back.

Just make sure you're getting your fluids in and walking around, exercising those lungs. Your body just needs time to heal.

Hi Sabertooth, I haven't had any issues with hunger. I find that taking in Protein fills the void. Since surgery, I tend to nurse a bottle of Isopure 40g Protein and add powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored to my Breakfast smoothie.

I'm taking liquid tylenol w/codeine (sp?), very nasty stuff for pain. I usually take a dose in the morning and another before bed.

libriteen, I plan to try your pillow trick tonight; I'll let you know how it works.

Just curious, my dr has me taking the following daily:

pepcid AC (1)

Tums (4-6)

Mylanta

Multivitamin

Calcium Citrate 500mg 3x daily

Vitamin D 200mg 3x daily

Again, just curious...

I too was banded on Aug 10th and I feel miserable. I am weak and I can't stand to drink the Protein Shakes. I had alot of gas pains and that has gotten better but I have puked 2 days in a row due to some Soups I ate. I think I am weak due to my low liquid intake. I can only hope that it will get better.

Well this may sound crazy, I got banded overseas, I am still here in Dominican Republic, my doctor has prescribed this medicines which are very unpleasant to taste, but I have manage to take them, only two small shots type of Water with the medicines three times a day and nothing else, no Protein, no Soups, nothing, and this happened on August 11, since then not that I feel hungry, but I feel on starvation mode. Besides, I have started to feel a strange cough if I have a conversation, or right after I drink the Water, also when I lay down on bed. Is something wrong with my band. I asked my doctor and he said is normal. My incisions are very small, and have no pain at all, but this situation of no aliments (at least Protein shakes), is getting me thinking if I would become anorexic instead of loosing weight the right way.

Has anyone any comments. Please let me know or give me any tips.

Thanks,

I think it is just normal to be tired. I was suppose to go back to work 3 days after surgery and I went back but was so tired I would have been better to take off. Did your Dr.'s tell you to crush or dissolve all you pills before taking them? I have to crush all my meds. I was banded on July 13.

123, I was banded 8/13. My doctor told me that it was fine to take whole pills. In fact, she prescribed percocet in pill form. It is a decent sized round pill, and I havent had any problems taking it. I dont think I could tolerate crushing it. Eww. I think I would rather hurt! My doctor also told me that it is ok to continue taking my regular maintenance meds.

I was banded on August 12. sleeping has been okay. I was starving the first 2 days >at least my stomach was rumbling and all my intestines were rumbling sooo loud you could hear it across the room. Everything has been much better since i can actually pass gas without that action causing a pain in my belly making me want to throw up.

I tried to drive yesterday and will have to borrow my husband's minivan instead of my small car... the pain getting in and just sitting squished up was intolerable.

I am a massage therapist (Rolfer) and plan to go back to work in a week...kinda nervous but I feel much better today with the twinges from the incision site. Fortunately, I can cancel all my clients if needed.

My biggest challenge is not having support from my husband... he seems to think that I could have lost weight without surgery if I really wanted to. (20 years plus of obesity doesn't seem to register in his man mind). So I try not to say anything to him about what is going on with me.

Thanks for letting me vent. i feel better :biggrin:

I had surgery on Wednesday the 12th - I was in so much pain on the 13th after I cam home, I slept most of the day and the next - mostly like in my chest/throat almost like it felt like i was going to hicup and it was painful. Today I am finally feeling better. I have just been really nauseous - so my doctor prescribed some anti nausea meds and told me to get off the liquid perkiest... so I am just on the liquid Tylenol and anti nausea meds.

I have been walking around my apartment, but havent felt strong enough to go outside, today I think I will... But I'm not sure wht I'll do for a bra... I tried one on yesterday and it layed right on one of my dressings... so I'll se what I can do on that.

Just looking forward to each day getting a little easier...

I was banded on the 5th and thought I was doing to die from weakness for the first 7 days! I had lost 13 lbs in 5 days and I think that is just too much for the body to adjust to...lack of calories, major body change, and couldn't sleep well. Day 8, something happened and I have felt almost completely normal!!! Absolutely NO discomfort anywhere on my stomach, not near as tired, and I feel alive now. Hang in there, folks! It gets better every day!

Mrsparker621, Until your incisions heals I recommend you wear a sports bra. I have a few friends that tried them and said they were more comfortable than a regular bra.

hey that doens't sound right, the point of the post op is so that your body gets used to the band. I just got banded on 8/10 and im supposed to have Protein shakes at least two a day and lots of Water through out the day. Im having a hard time having one because i am not hungry but i've been drinking v8 splash which is pretty good. just sip stay hydrated and you should be fine. Slimfast is what my doc said i can have diluted with a little Water because its kinda thick it takes me 40 minutes to drink half a cup but i feel better. Hope this helps. take care of yourself first, this is to be healthy not to be super skinny sick.

oh this message was for the girl that did her lap band in D.R.

Edited by JOjo-Car

I was banded on Aug 10. I found out that the pain medicine was making me feel worse. Once I quit that and started taking Aleve (Dr. advised) I felt much better. My doc wanted me on pureed foods, no thicker than applesauce, right away. I didn't have a pre-op liquid diet, just a low fat high Protein One. I am using Unjury Protein Powder (chocolate flavor) and find that really helps to make me full. I hope you feel better soon.