Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Yay!!! No school tomorrow either. While I don't know why...I'm not going to argue it! The roads aren't that bad, but it really isn't supposed to get above 18˚. I have been in bed all day and I'm not sure that I will be getting out tomorrow either. This cold is kicking me hard!

I'm skyping with a former student tonight so that we can go through my online education system that I am creating for the charter schools. I need a student perspective. I just hope I have a voice to even talk to her with.

Lee is making me some chicken noodle Soup. Even though the new doc wants me to eat real foods to see what my band is going to do, I seem to be handling hearty food. They must have really irritated my stomach when they were filling and unfilling the band because real food is causing me some issues. Okay...just wanted to check in. I'm going to close my eyes again and drift into a cold medicine induced coma!

Oh Phyl, you crack me up... I find myself doing the EXACT same antics... when I buy something I don`t feel Peter will ``àppreciate``!! Its horrible that it turns us into SNEAKS in our OWN houses... but I know exactly why you do it... It is Not worth the hassle of just coming out and saying Jee Honey, look at these cool sandles I got on sale? What follows is usually, pouting, or remarks about restraint, or jibes about How many shoes do yo alrweady own??

Ah Men, .... Phyl if we`d committed murder on them, back in the `70`s we``d have been out on bail by now!!!:blink:

I have brought FABIC in the house inside of a CORN FLAKES box (nice size!) with the other grocerieas... the ladies at quilting always love that one.

Well, we were supposed to have a music rehearsal tonight, but Mark begged off.... SNOW day here in Ontario... and smart people are just staying off the roads.

So its gonna be tomorrow night for SURE.. we have our next gig on Feb 14th.. got another booking today too, March 8th!!!

Phyl, thus the reason I am single!

Did get some good news on my taxes, FIRST they are DONE!!!! SECOND, I am getting enough back to buy the laminant flooring I want for the living room!! Yes I will have to install it myself, but I have done that already so I know how to do it. While I am at it, I am also going to paint the livingroom, put in crown molding, and add some lights to my quilting room. Okay first, I pay all the medical bills, THEN I will need to put some in savings and MAYbe there will be enought for the floor.

I have a quilt on my quilting frame, first time in the new house!!

I had chocolate for lunch, one of those days.

Good Evening Gang

Back from the gym - my arms are killing me from Mondays work out & yesterday - Now my legs are going to be sore in a couple of days.

OMG Phyl - just wear them - say they were from last yr ;0) he's just doesn't remember LOL.. No wind here - it's 60 I think is what the car said when I left gym

Chilli sounds good - I have hamburger - could bbq it and some broc - I'm hungry and don't know what to eat

Candice - I like the heating - quilt - keeps you warm ;0)

Did get some good news on my taxes, FIRST they are DONE!!!! SECOND, I am getting enough back to buy the laminant flooring I want for the living room!! Yes I will have to install it myself, but I have done that already so I know how to do it. While I am at it, I am also going to paint the livingroom, put in crown molding, and add some lights to my quilting room. Okay first, I pay all the medical bills, THEN I will need to put some in savings and MAYbe there will be enought for the floor.

WTG Karla - That's good news - choc ok for lunch - I had shrimp and tempura veggies

Oh Phyl, you crack me up... I find myself doing the EXACT same antics... when I buy something I don`t feel Peter will ``àppreciate``!! Its horrible that it turns us into SNEAKS in our OWN houses... but I know exactly why you do it... It is Not worth the hassle of just coming out and saying Jee Honey, look at these cool sandles I got on sale? What follows is usually, pouting, or remarks about restraint, or jibes about How many shoes do yo alrweady own??

Ah Men, .... Phyl if we`d committed murder on them, back in the `70`s we``d have been out on bail by now!!!:blink:

I have brought FABIC in the house inside of a CORN FLAKES box (nice size!) with the other grocerieas... the ladies at quilting always love that one.

Well, we were supposed to have a music rehearsal tonight, but Mark begged off.... SNOW day here in Ontario... and smart people are just staying off the roads.

So its gonna be tomorrow night for SURE.. we have our next gig on Feb 14th.. got another booking today too, March 8th!!!

CORN FLAKES BOX!!! LOL!! That's funnier than my shoe story!!! HAHAHA!! Serves me right... it's too cold to wear sandals now!!! Supposed to be back in the 70's by the weekend though.

Money Bags is at the pool swimming laps because he's been eating bowls of my chili all afternoon and a few glasses of wine besides!! Weigh in tomorrow morning!

Did get some good news on my taxes, FIRST they are DONE!!!! SECOND, I am getting enough back to buy the laminate flooring I want for the living room!! Yes I will have to install it myself, but I have done that already so I know how to do it. While I am at it, I am also going to paint the living room, put in crown molding, and add some lights to my quilting room. Okay first, I pay all the medical bills, THEN I will need to put some in savings and Maybe there will be enough for the floor.

HAHAHA!! But outsmarting them is so stimulating!! LOL

Glad you got some good news about your taxes. I don't even want to start ours!! I HATE doing them! Did you see on FB that our SIL FORGOT to claim their three kids TWO YEARS in a row!! HAHAHA!! So now he's filed an amended return and they're getting a big refund! I hope WE get a refund!! And I'm hoping for a little bonus from the Loomis Armored Car companies' insurance from that accident last summer!!

36_2_50.gif

Good Morning Gang - Site back up !!!!

How is everyone..... Even though we were down yesterday - not much going on - busy at work - came home played my fb games - did some wash - cleaned up the kitchen - Andrew worked both jobs yesterday so didn't get house cleaned - and i have company coming next weekend (Karen & Eva from my mentor thread) so gotta wash sheets and dust the guest rooms - since the kids were here last weekend..

Andrew appreciated the food - he called last night and was eating - I guess I am going to have to pick up extra when I'm shopping - cuz the kid needs to eat and doesn't want to ask for help - Love his independance - but ya gotta eat - he's skinny (I mean he really is) and doesn't need to lose anymore weight

Janet, you are a sweetheart, I end up buy a few groceries for Elyse once in a while. They actually have to go to Pantry Partners to get free food. While I find it embarrassing, at least I know she is eating. The BF isn't working and I get the phone calls about her delinquent bills. I wish I could just shake her out of her stupidity. But I guess that is what growing up is all about.

Phyl, I agree that it is about the lying. Earl needs to see that/ Smoking is one thing, but lying about it is the hard part. But I understand the addiction., not an excuse though.

Candice, I want to know how you can get all your UFO's done in just a few days, it would take me a couple of years, but that is my plan. This is the year, they will ALL get done!! One down, one on the quilting frame and probably over 30 to go. But I'm getting there. I am not going to enjoy going back to school!

Had freezing rain last night, so not much is moving out there. But I don't have to go anywhere so not a big deal.

Janet, so cleaning is on the agenda?

Hi ladies. Glad to see that the site is back. Stepped on the scale this morning. Doesn't look like I'm going to be losing this week. Not gaining, but not losing either. I guess I've earned it though. I haven't been nearly as diligent as I was the last month. If I lost while being negligent then I wouldn't learn, right? There are some other reasons.....

Now ladies, I need some helpful advice. The last 3 months or so the weeks before my period have become almost unbearable. First are the horrific cramps when I'm ovulating. They double me over and make me miserable for about 2 days. Then they are gone and the truly unbearable starts. My chest gets absolutely horribly painful. It has been getting worse the last few months. It's gotten so bad now that I only take my bra off to shower and that is getting iffy. That lasts for about 2 weeks. So, it's 2 weeks of pain, 1 week of TOM, and then I can have about a week where my body doesn't feel like it's trying to kill me. In my reading online, I guess this is completely normal in the years leading up to menopause. While I am not sure how I feel about THAT, I am positive that I can't take this getting worse for YEARS. The only real advice is anti-inflammatory and wearing your bra. The only thing this pain seems to be a symptom of is menopause. I did start worrying that it was something more horrible, but I guess not. Have any of you gone through this? Is it really going to be years before this stops? Is there anything else I can do. The last thing I need to do is irritate my band by taking anti-inflammatories. God knows, it's irritated enough most of the time. Any advice would be helpful.

On another not-so-positive note, Nick seems to be sick now. Jaimi last weekend, now Nick. He seems to have it worse than Jaimi did. He started with a cough/sniff/phlem yesterday then last night about midnight when I checked on he had a fever. About 103 and he was complaining that his head hurt. Tylenol last night and he came up about 4am saying his stomach hurt too. This morning, fever, chills, headache, his body hurts and stomach pains. He looks horrible. No food for him today. Poor kiddo. I feel so bad for him. He is so miserable.

I need to fix things for Jeff's superbowl party tomorrow. I think I'm going to make some popcorn that was in the Eat what you Love cookbook. It sounds really good. We will see. Other than that, I'm going to take some sliced ham, spread some cream cheese on it, and then wrap them around pickles. Really yummy. They are so good. I will try to control myself while making them and hope that he doesn't bring any home. I will have to have serious control. I'll let you know about the popcorn. If it's yummy I will post the recipe.

I'll talk to you guys later. Have a great Saturday, ladies!!!

Stephanie, try some soy 'nuts', they help balance out the estrogen. But there is prescription help out there, check into it.

Hi ladies. Glad to see that the site is back. Stepped on the scale this morning. Doesn't look like I'm going to be losing this week. Not gaining, but not losing either. I guess I've earned it though. I haven't been nearly as diligent as I was the last month. If I lost while being negligent then I wouldn't learn, right? There are some other reasons.....

Now ladies, I need some helpful advice. The last 3 months or so the weeks before my period have become almost unbearable. First are the horrific cramps when I'm ovulating. They double me over and make me miserable for about 2 days. Then they are gone and the truly unbearable starts. My chest gets absolutely horribly painful. It has been getting worse the last few months. It's gotten so bad now that I only take my bra off to shower and that is getting iffy. That lasts for about 2 weeks. So, it's 2 weeks of pain, 1 week of TOM, and then I can have about a week where my body doesn't feel like it's trying to kill me. In my reading online, I guess this is completely normal in the years leading up to menopause. While I am not sure how I feel about THAT, I am positive that I can't take this getting worse for YEARS. The only real advice is anti-inflammatory and wearing your bra. The only thing this pain seems to be a symptom of is menopause. I did start worrying that it was something more horrible, but I guess not. Have any of you gone through this? Is it really going to be years before this stops? Is there anything else I can do. The last thing I need to do is irritate my band by taking anti-inflammatories. God knows, it's irritated enough most of the time. Any advice would be helpful.

On another not-so-positive note, Nick seems to be sick now. Jaimi last weekend, now Nick. He seems to have it worse than Jaimi did. He started with a cough/sniff/phlem yesterday then last night about midnight when I checked on he had a fever. About 103 and he was complaining that his head hurt. Tylenol last night and he came up about 4am saying his stomach hurt too. This morning, fever, chills, headache, his body hurts and stomach pains. He looks horrible. No food for him today. Poor kiddo. I feel so bad for him. He is so miserable.

I need to fix things for Jeff's superbowl party tomorrow. I think I'm going to make some popcorn that was in the Eat what you Love cookbook. It sounds really good. We will see. Other than that, I'm going to take some sliced ham, spread some cream cheese on it, and then wrap them around pickles. Really yummy. They are so good. I will try to control myself while making them and hope that he doesn't bring any home. I will have to have serious control. I'll let you know about the popcorn. If it's yummy I will post the recipe.

I'll talk to you guys later. Have a great Saturday, ladies!!!

Hi gals, glad the /??$$?&&$//* site is back up, what was with that?

Anyways, worked this a.m. at the clinic for one of the girls, Sat. is easy!!! Yeah and a cool $75 for my MAD MONEY Account. (aka California account)

O.k. Stephanie, I`ve forgotten how old you are? dah... but what happened with ME was that the last 5-6 years of periods were really whacked out.. I`d get a period that would last for 2 weeks!! then I`d go a month, have a regular one, then 2-3 months NO periods, then WHAMM another 2 week horror... luckily for me I was on Mood stabalizers anyways for my Bi-polar so maybe that helped me eleviate the wild mood swings... but bad cramps, oh yeah. and very heavy CLOTS... so bad that I`d wear 2 super tampons + pad, and sometimes overflow that!!! I hated it at night... used to put a plastic sheet under my mattress cover on my bed... just in case. I hated surprises in the a,m.

Now, Naproxen is good, as well as ibuprofen... but yup with band issues - maybe there is a better Rx choice like Karla said. Also, sorry a bit gross. ... but SEX always relaxed my uterus, so if you can swing it... sex DURING your period is awesome. ANtispasmodic, and also your body produces ENDORPHINS which make you feel better emotionally... Sorry about the TMI... my daughter still kids me about the ````Purple towel`` that I kept for just such an occasion... God, I hope nobody else reads this thread

But alas, it will all pass.... it is great to be done with it all.... but now, we contend with Hot flashes and dry hoo-hoo`s.... we are never happy.

o.k. another question, how c ome we can`t SEE how is currently viewing the thread anymore??? weird

Candice, good advice, those things worked for me as well. Towards the end before my hysterectomy, I could overflow a super maxi in 15 minutes, but I had 'feeder' viens that were contributing to the issue.

Well got another quilt quilted, one UFO down, just need to put the binding on which I will do tomorrow, along with homework. Man I don't want to go back to work.

Candice, thanks for you advice. I'm 39 and really don't think I'm ready to go through all this crap but then again, will I ever be? Oh well. If the flashes and sweats are worse than this pain I could lose my mind. I can hardly hold Jaimi anymore because of her elbows.

As for the TMI issue, you didn't gross me out, but I also know that Jeff will not even consider it. He's funny that way :) Love him, but some things that gross him out are so weird. I keep telling him that THAT is when it would be the best but he won't hear of it. Oh well. There's more than one way to skin a cat...LOL I'm with you though, I hope no one else reads this thread :)

I had a good enough dinner. Stuck on it though. I guess it's time to go back to liquids for a few days. Let everything settle again. I did break and lunch liquids hoping that would be enough but no go.

I'd better run for now. I need to make the tortilla roll ups for tomorrow's game. I'm glad they will be there and not here because I have a feeling I could eat a whole plate. Later ladies. Have a great evening.