Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just got back from the doctor's, it was my first fill. I must admitt I thought it was going to hurt more then it did, just a little uncomfy. I am in a real pissy mood now though. My doctor said to me, "I have never had anyone in my history of lap band surgery gain weight during the first eight weeks." I wanted to cry right then and there. I don't know why my weight went up, I am back up to 335, was down to 328 or so since surgery. I have been down on myself enough because I don't understand why I am not losing. I told him that it was hard for me to not eat as much as I use to because my band was not filled, I only had about .25 cc's in it after surgery. I know he wasn't trying to be hateful with what he said but it really hurt. The only person I can be mad at is myself. I have got to get more serious. I NEED to excersise and make healthier food choices. I refuse to let him look down on me again...

NEVER AGAIN will I allow my doctor to make me feel like I am not making a difference with the band!

I just got back from the doctor's, it was my first fill. I must admitt I thought it was going to hurt more then it did, just a little uncomfy. I am in a real pissy mood now though. My doctor said to me, "I have never had anyone in my history of lap band surgery gain weight during the first eight weeks." I wanted to cry right then and there. I don't know why my weight went up, I am back up to 335, was down to 328 or so since surgery. I have been down on myself enough because I don't understand why I am not losing. I told him that it was hard for me to not eat as much as I use to because my band was not filled, I only had about .25 cc's in it after surgery. I know he wasn't trying to be hateful with what he said but it really hurt. The only person I can be mad at is myself. I have got to get more serious. I NEED to excersise and make healthier food choices. I refuse to let him look down on me again...

NEVER AGAIN will I allow my doctor to make me feel like I am not making a difference with the band!

Shame on your Dr. My Dr. told me to EXPECT a weight gain before my first fill. He needs to be educated in more than one area!!!!!

What a horrible thing to say. That's great that you decided to get the band. It sounds like you know what you have to do....exercise and watch what you eat. I recently got the Bodybugg and I find it to be very helpful. It keeps track for me. Don't get down on yourself. Keep pushing forward.

I have had the worst day! Here I am just finishing up on my first week of my liquid diet. Lo and behold, I find out my surgeon, Dr. Iqbal, has decided that he is picking up and moving to Miami the first of the year. Well, I flipped! I want someone who is going to stick around and not leave me high and dry after my surgery. He didn't even bother to tell me that he was going. I was scheduled October 6th to be banded. Now I have to find another surgeon. What a bunch of unethical crap!

this is the most motivational post on this site ... i think we all get caught up in the pre op testing and requirements that the various facilities require that we forget why we initially started this journey. this journey is for us - not for our mothers, fathers, husbands, wifes or friends. It is for us .... It is easy to get caught up in the frustrations of approvals and "what another requirement ? " and oh my god the liquid diet ... once in a while we all need to stop and read this and the positive self thoughts that everyone has posted :blushing:

I really love this site because everyone here UNDERSTANDS the physical and emotional side of obesity.. so when we all make it to the other side of the scale we will appreciate life more :laugh: thanks for everyone and the upbeat and positive motivational posts !!!

I just got back from the doctor's, it was my first fill. I must admitt I thought it was going to hurt more then it did, just a little uncomfy. I am in a real pissy mood now though. My doctor said to me, "I have never had anyone in my history of LAP-BAND® surgery gain weight during the first eight weeks." I wanted to cry right then and there. I don't know why my weight went up, I am back up to 335, was down to 328 or so since surgery. I have been down on myself enough because I don't understand why I am not losing. I told him that it was hard for me to not eat as much as I use to because my band was not filled, I only had about .25 cc's in it after surgery. I know he wasn't trying to be hateful with what he said but it really hurt. The only person I can be mad at is myself. I have got to get more serious. I NEED to excersise and make healthier food choices. I refuse to let him look down on me again...

What an ass! Sheesh! I'm only two weeks out from surgery but i definitely see where i might gain the few pounds I lost and maybe more. There's nothing stopping the flow of the food i'm shoveling in there! :blushing:

You're doing great and you have an amazing attitude! And, you're not alone.

Beautiful I cried, you listed everything I would've said.....Good luck on your surgery and I wish you all the best. You WILL Succeed

weight.png

Semiar Date: 6/2/2009 Surgeon Consult:6/26/2009

sleep Study/PFT:7/4/2009

Chest X-ray and EKG: 7/18/2009

Echo: 7/29/2009 Stress Test: 8/4/2009

Upper G.I: 8/6/2009 Psy Consult: 8/15/2009

Nut. Consult: 8/20/2009 Ins. Approval: 9/14/2009

Surgery date: 10/7/2009:thumbup:

I have just started looking into getting this surgery. Do I really need to take all these test? I was shooting for January 2010 to get the surgery. By the look of this I needed to get started at least 2 mos ago. Am I too late for Jan? What is my first step? I am scheduled for a seminar tomorrow and a visit with my doc on Tuesday. Any other advice?

I cried while reading everyone's lists...and I can relate to SOOOO many of them.

I am five days post-op, and living in "Bandster Hell" as it has been so nicely put on here! However, I made the decision to have this surgery to make my life better, and I vow to follow the rules, and become a better me.

here is my list:

I will never again get into my car after work, and unzip and unbotton my pants because they were too tight and I suffered all day long in them

I will never again hide in the backrow of group photos, trying to hide my body

I will never again be the fattest mom at my child's school

I will never skip another high school reunion, because I am so worried about my weight

I will never again worry about what size bra I buy

I will never again be ashamed of what I order to eat while dining out with friends

I will be committed to this change

I will be honest with myself about how I look

I will stay true to my fitness plan and my diet

I wish everyone health and happiness. This is quite a change for all of us, but a change for the better.

I cried while reading everyone's lists...and I can relate to SOOOO many of them.

I am five days post-op, and living in "Bandster Hell" as it has been so nicely put on here! However, I made the decision to have this surgery to make my life better, and I vow to follow the rules, and become a better me.

here is my list:

I will never again get into my car after work, and unzip and unbotton my pants because they were too tight and I suffered all day long in them

I will never again hide in the backrow of group photos, trying to hide my body

I will never again be the fattest mom at my child's school

I will never skip another high school reunion, because I am so worried about my weight

I will never again worry about what size bra I buy

I will never again be ashamed of what I order to eat while dining out with friends

I will be committed to this change

I will be honest with myself about how I look

I will stay true to my fitness plan and my diet

I wish everyone health and happiness. This is quite a change for all of us, but a change for the better.

Hang in there... bandster hell sucks!! I am 11 weeks post op and I am going through some hell myself. I just try and turn to this message board when I feel like giving up. I really needed to read the last thing you wrote: I will stay true to my fitness plan and my diet! I have been doing bad this last week just because I am very discouraged. I have been working my ass off and harldy eating anything but the weight just isn't coming off. Ahhhh we all just need to stick together and know that we have got to make it work!!!

There is so much pressure about losing weight after the band. We think we are going to drop pounds just like that, but don't expect it. Just appreciate it when it happens. Let the stress go, and forget that you have the band. Just eat slow and let it do the job. You are doing fantastic.

So many never agains...

- i work in a school, so never again will i squeeze my fat ass into one of those freaking desk, with my "extra boobs" piling over the top

- never again will i be embarrassed about what's in my grocery cart and paranoid that everyone is judging my choices....

- never again will i have to go to the "left" (or right) of the door at the clothing store to get to the plus size half

- never again will i be "such a pretty face"... knowing they are thinking .... but so fat :(

- never again will i wear capris all summer in 100 degree weather because i wouldnt dare put on shorts

- never again will my son suffer at MY weight. just yesterday I called to set up swim lessons and had to make sure it wasn't a "mommy and me" class first, because if it was, i wasn't doing it. how sad for my son :scared2:

- never again will i be ashamed to do ANYTHING because someone might say something rude in front of a new boyfriend, etc and just make me want to DIE (there are some RUDE freaking people in this world)!

- never again will i have to stalk the tables and booths in a restaurant to 1. make sure ill fit at the booth and 2. make sure i can find a semi-direct path that doesnt require my belly and butt rubbing someone else's chair - or worse, having to ask them to "scoot"

- never again will i stand all day at a BBQ because I am scared of chairs - listen to that SCARED OF CHAIRS! how pathetic! because i wont fit, they might break, the arms will dig in and my fat will squeeze out, etc

- never again will i have to skip the cute shoes because they dont come in "WIDE"

- never again will i be ashamed to go to the food table at a party or cookout or whatever because im too ashamed of what people think when they see me up there eating

- never again will i be the "fat mom" at my son's activities

gosh, i could go on.... and on.... and on.....

Never again will my THIGH measurement be bigger than a "regular" sized waist! Geesh!

Oh, you say it so well.

This past year I was so embarrassed. We went to an amusement park and I sat in the seat out front to test my ability to fit and lock, which to my suprise I did. Well got in line with my 9 year old and 17 year old and got on the ride and the over the shoulder contraption locked or so I thought. Well the ride would not start because of course my seat did not latch completely. So the guy came and unlatched me and then he tells me to suck it in and he pushes down and it still does not give the green light. So another guy comes and they are both pushing down until it finally clicked in. I was not asked if I wanted to get off or if I wanted to try again. Anyway after they got me fastened in I was so squashed especially my boobs that I was not only ashamed and embarrased I was hurting by the time the ride was over. Having everyone know it was me that held up the ride was the worst part.

When I told them the seat out front did just fine and was not to tight. They told me that was just a seat to show how they look not one for testing your ability to fit in the seat.

NEVER AGAIN will that happen to me.

Surgery date November 25th 2009.

Never again....

....will I be the "fat chick"

....will I be embarrassed because I can't fit on an amusement park ride

....will I be the fattest of all my friends

....will I not be able to shop at the GAP, AE, Holister, ec

....will I constantly be looking around when I enter a room to see who is making comments about my weight

....will I feel not good enough for a man because of my weight

....will I brake a chair because I am too fat

....will I wear big baggy clothes to cover up myself

....will I be ashamed to wear a bathing suit in public

....will I let my weight hold me back from doing the things I want to do

....will I get too tired chasing my little cousins around

....will I cry myself to sleep because I feel unworthy

....will I be a fat unhealthy person!

My surgery is this Friday, Aug. 7... I am starting to get nervous but wanted to write out what I WILL NEVER AGAIN be! This is my motivation to make this change in my life! I challenge you to write down what you never again will do/think... or what you have already excluded because of your weight loss!! Good luck to all!!!!!

Oh, you say it so well.

This past year I was so embarrassed. We went to an amusement park and I sat in the seat out front to test my ability to fit and lock, which to my suprise I did. Well got in line with my 9 year old and 17 year old and got on the ride and the over the shoulder contraption locked or so I thought. Well the ride would not start because of course my seat did not latch completely. So the guy came and unlatched me and then he tells me to suck it in and he pushes down and it still does not give the green light. So another guy comes and they are both pushing down until it finally clicked in. I was not asked if I wanted to get off or if I wanted to try again. Anyway after they got me fastened in I was so squashed especially my boobs that I was not only ashamed and embarrased I was hurting by the time the ride was over. Having everyone know it was me that held up the ride was the worst part.

When I told them the seat out front did just fine and was not to tight. They told me that was just a seat to show how they look not one for testing your ability to fit in the seat.

NEVER AGAIN will that happen to me.

Surgery date November 25th 2009.

I understand where you are coming from with the ride... this has happened to me THREE times in the past. Two times with a guy I was dating at the time (how humiliating) and one time at a work outing, with all my co workers watching. I was so upset. Never again am I going to need to even worry about this. When I get down I just look back over my "NEVER AGAINS" and it totally gets me back on track, because I know never again do I want to feel that way. Keep up the good work everyone!!