Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what was your weight loss at 6 months post op?

I'm just curious about how much weight people have lost at 6 months post op. I have lost about 37 lbs at 5.5 months out. This seems a little slow to me, so I started doing protien shakes again to day to see if I could start losing again and I go for another fill on Monday.

Jen,

I believe weight loss just depends on each individual. I am at 3.5 mos. post op and I have lost 58 pounds. My start weight is much higher then yours is so my weight will naturally come off a little faster then yours in the beginning. Please do not rate your weight loss on that of others. As long as you continue to lose you are successful. Are you exercising regularly? Exercise will help you lose faster.

I will be 6 months out on the 11th of this month. I've lost 52 pounds. I was hoping to be at least 60 pounds down by 6 months out, but i'm still happy with where i'm at. I know that I could never have done this without the band.

I had surgery 6/19. I lost 30 pounds pre-op then gained 3 back. Since surgery I have lost 18. I am at a total loss of 45. This includes my pre-op dieting.

Thanks for the replies. I know alot of my problem is that I haven't got fills like I was supposed to and I have been gone out of town most of July, so I haven't really been making the best choice. Just wanted to see where others, at the same stage as me, are at with their weightloss. Congrats to everyone!!! You guys have done great.

I am even slower only losing to date 12lbs!!!

Had my fill in February and was 110kg or 242 lbs So heavy enough for me !

But I have found weight loss very slow indeed... I do try and exercise I find walking really good somedays anyway.

Because my feet are a problem!

Had another fill this Monday and I can hardly drink anything and its very painful , but I am going to see how today goes before I ring up for a deflate. I must see the weight coming off or I will also think I am a failure too!

I am older than most ..but I need to be healthier for myself and my grandsons.

Take care good luck Mary

How many fills have people had in the first 6 months? Have you hit the "sweet spot" yet?

I'm 2 months out, have had 1 fill. I am finding losing weight to be VERY difficult.

Surgery mid Dec 2008 , after 6 mths and 4 fills, down 40 lbs, started at 200 lbs but lost 6 inches from hips, 6 inches from waist and 6-7 inches up top, so down from a XL or 1x to a size 14 right now. A lot of people say I look like Ive lost more than I have

I lost 101 pounds. I went from size 48 to size 30 in pants. Size XXXL to medium in shirt. I have reached my goal weight.

How many fills have people had in the first 6 months? Have you hit the "sweet spot" yet?

I'm 2 months out, have had 1 fill. I am finding losing weight to be VERY difficult.

Hi Lindsayb!

I have had a few fills probably about six , since February ,but this one is too tight!

I have lost 3lbs this week since Monday but I can't even keep Soup down!

Some of the fills I have had I have not noticed any change at all.

I think my fills amout to between 5 or 6 mls now. As my surgeon does it at two diffirent locations depending where he is! So my records are not there!

I have had one lot taken out and I think I may have to have some of this taken out also.

So I am still not sure what my sweetspot is !

Maybe I have the sick spot at present Sorry but thats what it feels like ......also have a very big lump in your chest.:tt2:

Which is so sore that you end up making yourself sick! :)

I do hope you find another fill to your liking and start losing

weight

My journey is also taking me along time.

Take care

Mary :tongue2:

I lost 101 pounds. I went from size 48 to size 30 in pants. Size XXXL to medium in shirt. I have reached my goal weight.

Congratulations!

I would love to hear how you lost your weight so quickly. Please share.

Hi Jenn. I had my surgery on February 20th and started at 241 right before surgery. I have 3cc's in my band now and am at 221. This means only 20lbs for me. It is really slow. I'm stuck and it is really frustrating. My eating habits have changed so much and still the weight is not falling off.

I'm trying to stick in there though. You are not alone in the stuggle. I wanted to be way further in my journey by now too.

Hey mary, my journey hasnt been to bad, i had mine done on 2/5/09 and i am down 50lbs. I have dropped 2 blouse sizes and a bra size and 2 pant sizes. I wanted to be down more but i have a bad hip and i cant really excerise like others. I am 60 yrs old and this was the best thing i ever did, i feel good and plan on being down 50 more by christmas..thats my goal..i have had 2 fills and i go in the morning for another, have not felt the sweet spot as everyone says yet..maybe this time will do it..i have had a few bouts of vomiting, but it was my fault for eating to fast or to much in the mouth. Good luck to you and everyone else

t-rose..(dee)

I was also banded on 2/11 and I'm down 86 lbs. I've had 2 fills (6.8 cc's ina 14cc band). Of course I just came back off of vacation and gained a few pounds from that, but I'm back on track and starting to drop again. Of course this all has copme with a lot of exercise and watching what I eat, but that goes without saying.

:sneaky: