Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 7/28 and ready for it to be removed

I don't know that it will; it's just that we aren't supposed to chew anything and it could trigger that old digestive action in the stomach (you don't feel it but the stomach churns) Probably your doc will laugh and say you're fine (I really hope that is exactly what happens! I love being wrong about this kind of thing!) but just in case, don't have any more ok? :)

Don't take or ingest ANYTHING that your surgeon doesn't approve during this phase; you're healing and it's important that it go according to his plan. :)

Please call your doctor, you may have had some fill in the band during surgery and you may need to have some taken out, if you cant drink enough, you need to seek medical advice. Don't wait to long either..let us know how you are!!

Camsonge, How are you feeling today? Did you talk to your surgeon? What happened?

I feel the same way you do about the band. I am 2 weeks post op and went to see my doctor today...I did have a fill and he removed 2.5 cc's. I began mushie foods, but can't really eat much still because I feel a tight constriction in my chest and throat =like someone very big is choking me.

I don't know if I will ever feel better. Hope you are though...

I was banded in Mexico on 6/29. They will not put any fill in until 6-8 weeks after the surgery. I don't understand why some doctors would fill the band before the swelling and trauma have been overcome. I plan to go back to Mexico for the fill because they use fluoroscopy so they can see it instead of just guessing. I have heard that too much fill can cause problems.

Camsong, I"m just checking up on you to see how you are doing. I hope things have improved a bit over the weekend. Did you get hold of your doc? What did he have to say.

I hope you are hanging touch after all you've been through.

Please let me know how it is for you today.

Take good care

Sheri

Yes sounds like you need an unfill. I too had to go back 2 days after surgery and have 1.5 cc's removed.

When I got home from the hospital I immediately had regrets about the surgery. I called the Dr and they told told me to come in. When he removed the saline I felt 110% better. Drank a whole bottle of Water before I got home. Water never tasted so good.

Call your Dr immediately if you haven't already. I felt bad I didn't call the minute I got home from surgery, but thought I'd get better. I didn't and now I'm sorry I waited so long.

You will be so glad after you go. I am so happy with my band and the only regret I have is I didn't do it years earlier.

Suzanne

For those who asked, I contacted my Dr.'s office on Monday morning....HE'S ON VACATION! I know he deserves a vacation just like everyone else, but I really didn't like hearing that. So, off to the ER I went to get my bag of fluids. They did blood work and don't see an infection and the fluids patched me up until I can go see my surgeon tomorrow (wednesday) so I will know more then. However, since leaving the hospital I have kept down about 20 oz of gatorade and 5 tablespoons of broth (which is more than I have kept down in a week) so I guess I'm on the upswing now! Thanks for the words of encouragement and I'll keep you guys informed!

Good Luck and please keep is posted! I'm suprised the ER doc didn't take out any of your fill!

This is in line with what my surgeon told me: Dehydrated patient=Tight band

well-hydratedpatient="normal" band

Now that your hydrated, your band has loosened up, it sounds like.

I too was banded on July 27 and had some gas pains, but I expected that to happen. I got on the treadmill, walked around my house, got a massage and today I returned to the gym for a slow workout on the elliptical. Some discomfort is expected with any surgery, I hope that you are doing better now and that you are ready for this very rewarding journey.

I went to my Dr. Yesterday and sure enough there was Fluid in the band. He removed the fluid and I feel sooo much better. I am a little disappointed that he put fill in the band then left on vacation because no one else here in this tiny Louisiana town will touch the band for anything; however, my doc is very supportive and always thinks positively and in spite of this "bump" in the road, I trust him, so, I will continue my journey! Thank you for all of the words of encouragement and advice...much love!

So glad that you got that fixed. I felt for you. Wasn't a pleasant feeling.

Now looking forward. My Dr is very conservative with his fills and I've had no other problems. At least now we know how it feels to be too tight. But remember it is still a learning process and you are early. So am I but in the almost 4 months I have learned lots of lessons and you will too. Believe me it gets a lot better fast.

Good luck and begin to enjoy the weight loss. Remember it will be several months until it gets easier but it will.....

Suzanne

I am having the worst pain...I know it's gas, but I mean, every single time I take a sip of Water or anything, it hits my stomach, then a large gas bubble comes up and I burp. The burp hurts so much (like my chest is gonna explode) then I throw up the Water and this mucus stuff. My family physician gave me a shot of phenergan to try to keep stuff down. I kept down about 8 oz of water, but that's all I've kept down since surgery. But the phenergan has worn off and everything is back to the way it was. He said if I couldn't stop throwing everything up I'd have to be admitted for dehydration. I feel like I have made the biggest mistake of my life. Please, is anyone in the same boat, or have been?:lol:

Hey,

Just wanted to say... I was banded on 7/28. My surgeon said that he left my ap band empty because the swelling would be somewhat like a fill. I also had a hiatal hernia repair so he wants to delay a fill for about a month. I just hope you get to feeling better. The gas pain was horrible for like four days, but after that things got better for me. I still have not had a fill and have quite a bit of restriction. I still want my fill though.

Hoping you are better!:sneaky:

Camsonge, I'm so glad everything worked out. I knew from your description that was exactly how I had felt. And then the relief when they removed the fill. Better than some kind of food I currently can't think of.

And Dita, I also had the hernia repair. I think it caused me more discomfort repaired than it ever did when it was there. Specifically, I didn't even know I had one, although most women do.

Glad everyone is feeling better today.

:sneaky:

RestlessMonkey,

Thank you for the advice, I have already taken the ginger, but will call my doctor in the am to see if the ginger will have a negative side effect to my band.

I did not think about consulting my doc first before I took the ginger, I guess I was in a hurry to get some relief from these gas pains. :sneaky:

Thanks again

I feel exactly the same way minus the lap band being a mistake....but the pain from (gerd) or (gas) is severe. Ive tried to explain to my love ones that its not the lap band placement that is bothering me but its the (acid reflux). I feel like im also unable to burp and I have my momments that it seems that my chest is going to crack and fall to the floor. I also have trouble taking deep breaths. Its been four days now and nothing is helping...I am new to the website but happy that it does exist because some one was nice enough to let me know that it will go away it takes about 5 days....so i make 5days tomorrow:) but as far as you are concerned I want you to know that we are on the same boat and just keep the results of the lapband in mind....thats what is getting me pass the pain that I am experiencing now...so just stay focused and think about your goal. I am pretty sure you went thru alot to get this procedure done.