Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

august exercise challenge

watch for me on TV tom night at boys' game:):confused: i'll be the one w/the giant bcap on:):blink:

Way to rub it in. And then to blaspeme the new digs with a Gnats hat? I may have to boycott you just for that.:drool:

Way to rub it in. And then to blaspeme the new digs with a Gnats hat? I may have to boycott you just for that.:confused:

ok - DH really was upset i'd wear that fab hat; and asked i don't. i'll be respectful; we're ticket holders (partial) and i do root for them unless it's against the gmen.

i'll post pics on FB for you to see the new gigs:) tailgates are starting at 2 tom..... CRAZY in D for FOOBALL!

Edited by luluc
spelling issues

ok - DH really was upset i'd wear that fab hat; and asked i don't. i'll be respectful; we're ticket holders (partial) and i do root for them unless it's against the gmen.

i'll post pics on FB for you to see the new gigs:) tailgates are starting at 2 tom..... CRAZY in D for FOOBALL!

I would hope he would be.:confused:

I'll be eagerly anticipating the pics. Thanks.

No exercise for me today. After 16 hrs and 15 hrs in 2 days, just don't have the energy to do it today.:drool:

Where'd everyone go? Am I all alone in here again? No wonder I disappear from time to time. I hate being alone.:biggrin:

Ran 4.1 miles this morning. Back to lifting tonight. Body needed the rest, but I'm itching to get back. Amazing how one week off can make you feel weak.:ohmy:

Morning all!

Ceradad - you are not alone...:biggrin:

Steady with my walking, jogging and still need to fit some weight training in there somewhere...

Back in school - taking two tough classes (lots of reading) so not a lot of time, but that's really no excuse.

Loving my running program - going to extend the distance this week. Still on track to run a 5k this fall - end of September or mid-October is looking good for my first distance "race". I won't be trying to come in first, just to finish.:ohmy:

Have a terrific Monday, everyone!:crying:

still here:)

might just be the 3 of us....LOL

fri - spin

sat - spin & leg weight routine w/DH

sun - treadmill 45 min; ran 1.6; ab routine / biceps

today - day of rest:)

Just got in from a walk - felt better (tho my neck is still a little stiff) so off I went...

DDog loves the route, but is a little upset with me right now because the "shuffle" feature on my iPhone ended up with all fast music, so I was kinda speeding along...:biggrin:

Soon as I can get Prevention.com's walking maps feature to work again, I'll be able to log my mileage. Right now, it's not working...

The walk takes me about 40 minutes (allowing for potty breaks for DDog)...I think it's a little over 2 miles...

*update* just got the darn site to sorta kinda work...my "long route" is 1.79 miles; my normal route is just over 1 mile. I think I gotta extend my distance!

Anyway - it felt great!:ohmy:

Edited by EbonyRose
added mileage number

Chest workout last night. Felt very weak after 1 wk off. Ran 1 mile on treadmill afterwards.

This morning, I ran 3.6 miles in a torrential downpour. Thought I had waited it out before I started, but no such luck. Got about 1 mile out in a light rain when it started downpouring again. Worst part was running across the Mississippi on a pedestrian bridge when there was lightning all over. Ended up gaining about 10 lbs in the shoes and clothing. It was interesting to say the least.

Hi Everyone!:)

Lovely cool morning in CT - felt great running this morning. Only drawback? My 80-ish pound DDog, Sisko, decided HE didn't want to run with me! I spent the first half of the route (ran the whole thing without walking, Woo Hoo!) pulling him every few steps. He seemed to "warm up" after we reached the halfway point and he did his business. Didn't have to pull him much the second half, but I think my days of running with DDog are over. I don't want to keep pulling him, and I'm afraid he'll stop wanting to go if I'm always fussing at him...looks like he's being demoted to walking partner only :w00t:

Chest workout last night. Felt very weak after 1 wk off. Ran 1 mile on treadmill afterwards.

This morning, I ran 3.6 miles in a torrential downpour. Thought I had waited it out before I started, but no such luck. Got about 1 mile out in a light rain when it started downpouring again. Worst part was running across the Mississippi on a pedestrian bridge when there was lightning all over. Ended up gaining about 10 lbs in the shoes and clothing. It was interesting to say the least.

Wow, Ceradad - you ARE a soldier! Most people would have given up and not gone out in the LIGHT rain, let alone kept going through a thunderstorm and lightning...

We're not worthy...we're not worthy...*Ebony bows in respect*:thumbup:

Hi We're not worthy...we're not worthy...*Ebony bows in respect*:thumbup:

see now rain would be the other "thing" to get me to run & run home:)

today - 1hr treadmill

Nah, I just figured the heavy stuff wasn't going to come for awhile yet.:thumbup: Once it hit, I simply figured how could I get any more soaked than I already was. Plus, I was just happy there wasn't any hail!

Re: running in the rain...

I don't let a light rain stop me...especially now that I've gone "natural" with my hair and don't care if it gets wet - heck, I like my curls better when it's wet, so no problem!

Now because I wear glasses, steady rain gives me problems...if my glasses fog up or have drips running down them, I don't see as well. Luckily, when I'm out there - around 5 am - there aren't many other people out there with me! :thumbup:

Had to log my walk at lunchtime - it was wonderfully cool today compared to the past week or so. I didn't eat much today, so my blood sugar was a bit low. I took it easy and did a slightly shorter walk, but now it's after lunch, I've eaten some Protein and carbs, and I'm ready to go for my walk to the train station at 5!:)

Leg workout Tues afternoon. First leg workout in 2 wks and I'm paying for it now. Yesterday was back and bicep workout and 35 min. on elliptical.

Due to extremely sore quads, no running this morning. I'll hit the gym this afternoon for shoulders and traps and a little cardio.

Happily posting that I RAN MY ENTIRE COURSE THIS MORNING!:w00t::w00t::thumbup:

Left DDog at home this morning - I don't think pulling him all the way out and back is good for me or him - and it was a beautiful cool morning, so off I went...

About halfway through, I thought "Maybe I can run the whole way"...about 2/3 of the way through I thought "I can run the whole way!"

I felt SO GOOD when it was done...tired, but good. Didn't realize what a mental crutch that one block stop in the middle had become until I ran through it. No more - now I'm going to extend my distance about 1/3 of a mile each week until I'm up to about 3 miles, which will put me in good shape for my planned 5k in late September / early October.

I'm so happy I can't stand it!:blushing:

Happily posting that I RAN MY ENTIRE COURSE THIS MORNING!:thumbup::w00t::sneaky:

Left DDog at home this morning - I don't think pulling him all the way out and back is good for me or him - and it was a beautiful cool morning, so off I went...

About halfway through, I thought "Maybe I can run the whole way"...about 2/3 of the way through I thought "I can run the whole way!"

I felt SO GOOD when it was done...tired, but good. Didn't realize what a mental crutch that one block stop in the middle had become until I ran through it. No more - now I'm going to extend my distance about 1/3 of a mile each week until I'm up to about 3 miles, which will put me in good shape for my planned 5k in late September / early October.

I'm so happy I can't stand it!:blushing:

Great job Ebony!!!!!:w00t: