Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone! It is great to read your stories!

I am 4 weeks out from surgery and weight loss has slowed down to a couple pounds a week. I have started exercising at the YMCA and I hope that will help.

I feel guilty about eating more then 2oz of food at a time. I can easily eat 1/2 to a whole cup in one sitting. I am trying to get over feeling bad about it and realize that I am still eating a lot less then before I had the band.

I still worry about screwing it up and I have picked up my grandson without thinking. I will be glad when I don't have any weight restrictions!

Overall I feel pretty good. Still get a little more tired then I used to but am back to pretty much normal life.

I do see that I ate out of boredom and am trying to drink Water and stay busy instead of eating.That is a tuff one. Especially at work. I have a desk job in a food factory with a bunch of wonderful people who like to bring food in. I go home for lunch to avoid temptation:rolleyes2:.

I have lost 18 pounds since my surgery date and 38 pounds altogether.

Wishing all of you continued success with your band!

Susan

I am 2 weeks out and in the soft foods stage, eating scrambled eggs, pudding, and mushed up Beans. I can only eat about 1 oz. at a time -even after I had, an unknown to me, 2.50 cc fill taken out. Will be calling the doc once again tomorrow to make sure that he did take out all of the fill and left nothing, as I still can't drink Water or eat much. feeling nauseaus and choked all day.

Psychologically, obviously, not well, being sad and really, really tired of all this. I'm so hungry and talk so much about food all day, that I just decide to stop talking and try to wait it out.

Most difficult thing is to make it through each day, wasting my summer off which is almost over.

Not exercising at all because I get dizzy, but I should be trying to build up my strength.

Have lost some, but gained a few back when I ate the eggs and Beans, but not really concerned about weight loss now.

Edited by denouement
x

Somedayslim, you are doing great!!! I was banded 7-2 and I'm struggling a little with what I'm eating since I can eat everything. But then again, I'm still eating a LOT less than I used to.

Weight loss slowed way down, but I'm still okay with that since the previous loss was not realistic. Just got back from two small vacations and need to get back to a normal routine. Sometimes that is tough. Need to just stick to what is right and remember I don't need all the extra food. I have a problem with old habits and head hunger. I guess I have time to work on it though. Good thing.

ee

Ocotillo I love how you put that- "head hunger" - it is exactly what I am going through and I am sure many of us are. Not needing the extra food and not eating the extra food is a learning curve for us all. Looks like you are doing fine with your weight loss! Keep up the good work.

lt me start by saying hi to the july bandsters. i was banded in dallas by dr nicholson on july 2. i lost 18 pre and 13 post as of july 16. my wife convinced me to join this site because she is supportive but can't give me any advice. as for healing i was back at work on tuesday (7/2 was thurs). i work construction so i was supposed to be light duty. i've healed up good, so physically i'm doing good. i too went to the movies and was little discouraged but i sipped on a minute maid light lemonade while the kids crunched on popcorn and nachos. hunger hasn't been an issue because i'm so determined. but my mood swings wide. some days i wake up huntin a fight. other days i'm normal. i get frustrated easy lately. i've gone down two pants sizes since i've began but i don't have a place to weigh regular. my first fill is in two weeks. my goal is 250 by jan 1, 11. i started at 392. that bout it from me. thank you for reading an though i dont usually respond to general comments i do appreciate all the advice i read as i skim the topics.

Hi all! I was banded on July 14th! I am eating soft foods and doing well with them. However, the last few days I have noticed I seem to be getting hungry a few hours after I eat. Is this normal? To date I have lost 15 lbs post-op.

I was banded on July 13 so we are in the same stage. I too have lost 15lbs also post op. I seem to be hungry more in the past 3 or 4 day. I go for fill on August 11th.:wink:

Hello everyone! It is great to read your stories!

I am 4 weeks out from surgery and weight loss has slowed

I still worry about screwing it up and I have picked up my grandson without thinking. I will be glad when I don't have any weight restrictions!

OMG! at 4 weeks out we are still not suppose to pick up things. I have picked up my 3 year old granddaughter so many times. I though that was for 2 weeks? Do you think I caused any problem? Slippage?:wink:

Hello all! I was banded 7/22 and have loss 25 lbs. so far. Was doing really well on mushes, fish and chicken until Constipation reared it's ugly head. Causing pains & mumbness in my left side and sensitive nerve endings. My doctor says it is common in some people and should get better soon with a laxative and warm compresses. I have been walking since the day after I got home and think that has really helped.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well, but we must remember that all of our bodies are different and we heal and lose at different rates.:wink:

Edited by jgurl

Hello all! I was banded 7/22 and have loss 25 lbs. so far. Was doing really well on mushes, fish and chicken .:crying:

My Dr said no meat for four weeks, wish I had that with my mushies.:wink:

OMG! at 4 weeks out we are still not suppose to pick up things. I have picked up my 3 year old granddaughter so many times. I though that was for 2 weeks? Do you think I caused any problem? Slippage?:lol:

123 you are probably fine! My Doctor is probably just over cautious, he had told me to hold off lifting more then 10 pounds until 6 weeks after surgery. When you have little ones running around that is really hard to do! Hang in there you are doing great!

I think I was told go back to everything at three weeks. I was on a total liquid diet for three weeks then started with solid food. No mushies. I wasn't told not to pick up things either....oh well, I really didn't do too much. I also think being active helped in the healing part.

As for the constipation.....I just use a little MOM almost every day. I got so bad that I was seriously worried, after that cleared up, I don't ever want to do that again.

Oh, I'm 5 weeks out July 2nd and have lost 15 lbs post band. You know that averages to 3 pounds a week and that is fantastic weight loss. My weight loss has slowed a great deal also and I'm good with that because 3 pounds a week isn't normal for me and I keep telling myself slow and steady is the way to go. I think now that I'm two weeks into solid food and my body is finally figuring out what I did to it, it's better and the WL will happen as it should.

Good luck everyone.

ee

123 you are probably fine! My Doctor is probably just over cautious, he had told me to hold off lifting more then 10 pounds until 6 weeks after surgery. When you have little ones running around that is really hard to do! Hang in there you are doing great!

It is so hard not to hold them they are little girls who want to cuddle and be held all the time. I did good for 2 weeks and made sure I did not pick her up

She would say Grandma, “When can you hold me again.”

Hopefully I did not hurt anything. I see Dr, on Tuesday maybe he has a way to check:rolleyes:

heya!

Banded on the 14th. I'm on soft foods and move to any foods on the 11th of August.

I've had one fill already, plus the 4cc they put in during initial surgery. Brings me up to 6.5cc so far. I get hungry within 2 hours of eating.. and can easily eat more than a cup of food if i choose to.

My weight loss has come to an absolute dead stop. I lost 26 lbs in the first 10 days, and have actually gained about 3 back since then.

I go in for another checkup this coming thursday, and am going to insist on a second fill.

I am trying to exercise as much as possible.. but medical bills is making attaining the gym membership a bit hard.

hi all

i go in on the 12th to see the dr. im not even sure if i have liquid in my band but i have decent restriction. i can go about 6 hours before getting hungry. now the head hunger is something i have to get control of.

one of my incisions leaks so they will look at that too. im still having that sensation like something is in my throat so i hope once they check that im ok.

other than that i renewed my gym membership and im looking forward to getting healthier.

I was banded the 21st, so I'm also about 3 weeks out. Moved from mushies to chicken and seafood last week. Tomorrow I get to start eating veggies again!!! Had no idea I'd miss salad this much.

Lost 16 lbs in the first couple weeks, but now my weight loss has completely stalled. The scale has not moved in 4 days!!! I'm getting super frustrated, but trying to hang in there and keep on track. It's hard when I'm feeling no restriction. I have the AP large 14cc band with no fill yet. My doc is SUPER conservative with fills (her own words) so I'm hoping to talk her into one at my next appointment if this lack of weight loss keeps up.