Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days out... protein shakes?

I need some ideas for Protein Shakes. I'm not sure if i can use stuff like Peanut Butter to mix in with my Protein Powder and milk? or does it all have to be Clear Liquids for the first week out of surgery. I need some recipe ideas please! I can't stand just milk and vanilla Protein powder which is what I have. Anyone have any ideas please!!!

I need some ideas for Protein Shakes. I'm not sure if i can use stuff like Peanut Butter to mix in with my Protein powder and milk? or does it all have to be clear liquids for the first week out of surgery. I need some recipe ideas please! I can't stand just milk and vanilla protein powder which is what I have. Anyone have any ideas please!!!

What did your dr. tell you? Clear for how long? Follow your Dr's orders! If your not for sure call and ask.

As far as the Protein Drinks go, there are many things you can add to make them taste better. Yes peanut butter can be mixed in. There is a thread on here (for all stages of banding) that is recipes. There are some really great protein shakes.

Good luck. Enjoy. Keep us posted:thumbup:

No Peanut Butter til week 4 for me.... I like the EAS Low Carb Protein drinks at Walmart.... chocolate Fudge...yummo.

No Peanut Butter til week 4 for me.... I like the EAS Low Carb Protein drinks at Walmart.... chocolate Fudge...yummo.

I also drank the EAS Low carb Protein shakes from Wal Mart. I couldn't have PB until wk. 4 either.

What did your dr. tell you? Clear for how long? Follow your Dr's orders! If your not for sure call and ask.

As far as the Protein drinks go, there are many things you can add to make them taste better. Yes Peanut Butter can be mixed in. There is a thread on here (for all stages of banding) that is recipes. There are some really great Protein Shakes.

Good luck. Enjoy. Keep us posted:thumbup:

They told me clear liquids for one week, and then i can move to full liquids for another 2 weeks. Thanks!

Okay thanks I think I will try that! you tried that right after surgery? Would they be considered a clear liquid?

You should follow your doctor's post-op diet. Everyone's is different.

Mine is 1 day of clear liquids, then days 2-7 are full liquids. Then mushies week 2. Then soft foods week 3.

Been 2 days since surgery, so I'm allowed to drink Protein shakes (and should). I like the EAS Carb Control chocolate Fudge ones, as well (as others have mentioned). Less Protein than other drinks, but they taste really good and they're pre-made.

I'm at my mom's house, so I don't have access to my Magic Bullet & protein powder right now. Will start drinking those again once I get home.

Everyone has different instructions from their doctors it seems. Please, please call yours and ask him Sweetie.

I was forbidden from adding anything to mine. I've heard of other folks adding milk and I was actually envious. I had Water in mine, and nothing else. IMHO, most of them taste horrific. I have found the nectar Fuzzy Navel to be one of the most palatable ones. :tt2: I wish you all the best. But yes, please do call your doctor. And do what he/she says to the letter! You won't regret it. :laugh:

Hugs, Susan

No Protein isn't usually a clear liquid...so no EAS shakes (or any brand, for that matter) during week 1! Didn't you have to go to a nutritionist session before hand? That would've helped you a lot!

Clear liquids are liquids you can see through (and coffee and tea are considered "clear"...but you probably can't have caffeine)

Milk isn't clear. Protein Shakes aren't clear. Creamy Soups aren't clear...tomato Soup isn't clear ...

just things like Water, broth. STICK TO IT! Very important to let your band heal!

After that call and ask them to tell you what exactly they mean by full liquids.

Unfortunately we're all given different post op instructions and it's important to do what our individual surgeons tell us, because they have different styles, different staff and teams, use different equipment, have different levels of skill, AND they know their patients best. So don't do what someone on here "was cleared for" or whatever...do what your surgeon tells you. Most of us got a booklet or some such with that in it. If you didn't, call and get them to tell you item by item! OR...

call if you're in doubt. Way way better for you to be safe than sorry!

The only clear Liquid Protein that comes to mind for me is Isopure. When you're able to move to full liquids try blending frozen and fresh fruits with the vanilla Protein powder and add some splenda or stevia if you like them sweeter. It makes it more like a smoothie than a nasty Protein Shake. I use vanilla creme muscle milk light, it's the only kind I've found so far that I don't hate.

I use vanilla creme muscle milk light, it's the only kind I've found so far that I don't hate.

Do u get the pre-made ones in a bottle or the powder? I've had the pre-made ones and they are super chunky!!!!:laugh: BUT i got the mint chocolate muscle milk light and i LOVE it:wub: I however am still pre-op

Do u get the pre-made ones in a bottle or the powder? I've had the pre-made ones and they are super chunky!!!!:laugh: BUT i got the mint chocolate muscle milk light and i LOVE it:wub: I however am still pre-op

I get the powder and doctor it up with milk and frozen fruit myself. The premade ones were nastyyyyyy.

I did those Protein shots...they dont taste very good, but I can tolerate a few sips of them for the amount of protein they have. When you get to Protein Shakes, try diet V8 splash plus your protein powder...it def is better than just Water and protein powder and I will take the extra calories (which are not that many) if it means I will get my protein down.

I was allowed the Matrix Vanilla Protein Powder with milk when I went on the full-liquids diet on day 4 post-op. This is a great recipe for a shake that tastes just like a Reese's Peanut Butter cup.

1/2 cup fat-free milk

1 cup crushed ice

1 scoop of vanilla Protein Mix

1 pk of sugar free Swiss Miss chocolate Mix

1 Tablespoon of Creamy peanut butter

3 pkgs of Splenda

Mix everything well in blender and enjoy. I didn't need the Splenda..it was sweet enough for me already.