Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anything Goin on for Missourians?

Has anyone heard about DR. Opie in Olathe, ks??? I met with him in June 2006 for a hernia and he suggested gastric bypass or lapband. And I am going to the Seminar on Jan 9th of 2006

ok can someone straighten this out for me so dr malley is no longer at 5820 lamar ave suite#200 mission ks 66202 913-492-2530. and he is now at 10640 w 87th st in overland park 913-851-3482. i haven't yet gotten band but would really like to get my band from dr malley i've heard very good things about him so please someone get back to me thanks

ok can someone straighten this out for me so dr malley is no longer at 5820 lamar ave suite#200 mission ks 66202 913-492-2530. and he is now at 10640 w 87th st in overland park 913-851-3482. i haven't yet gotten band but would really like to get my band from dr malley i've heard very good things about him so please someone get back to me thanks

Dr Malley is at 5820 Lamar Suite 200. Where are you reading that he is not there? I assure you he is still on Lamar.

i was going to go to saturdays seminar at the holiday inn for dr malley but found out he is not in network with united health care so i was rethinking going to the seminar and go to dr hoehn (think thats how you spell it)at shawnee because i know he is covered by my insurance did anyone else have this problem with uhc and dr malley and if so how much did you end up spending out of pocket? i really do not want to go to this seminar if the whole thing isn't covered 100% i hope someone out there can help me

The only people who could help you determine what you will pay is your insurance company. Your SPD should include a coverage matrix. Call Dr. Malley's office and find out his total cost, then plug the numbers into your matrix - keeping in mind that different services will have different coverage rates. Doing this should give you an idea of your total OOP accurate to around 2 - 4% variance.

i decided to go with dr hoehn i go to a seminar on jan 8th to begin my journey. thanks again for your help with straightening things out with dr malley. i would have liked to had my lap band through him but i needed to go with someone in my network. so i wouldn't have to pay out of pocket. but i do have another question did anyone who had dr hoehn or dr hitchcock pay out of pocket for dr sabapathy?

Just thought I'd start a new thread seeing what's happening in the state? Anything going on? How's everyone doing on weight loss and fills? I'm using Dr. Malley - anyone else using him? Just trying to get something new started here for us! Share your story with me! I'm in the Kansas City Area - anyone else?

Hi...

I got banded 11/2 by Dr. Malley.

Has anyone heard about DR. Opie in Olathe, ks??? I met with him in June 2006 for a hernia and he suggested gastric bypass or lapband. And I am going to the Seminar on Jan 9th of 2006

I called his office today, because he is on my BCBS network, and the person taking the calls said that he requires a seminar first, and the next one available is January 25th. I then called Dr. Malleys office and talked to the NICEST woman, and she signed me up for his January 6th seminar.

The only people who could help you determine what you will pay is your insurance company. Your SPD should include a coverage matrix. Call Dr. Malley's office and find out his total cost, then plug the numbers into your matrix - keeping in mind that different services will have different coverage rates. Doing this should give you an idea of your total OOP accurate to around 2 - 4% variance.

ALSO look in your Insurance brochure and look for your MAXIMUM ANNUAL OUT OF POCKET and know that at the top end it will be most you pay.

ALSO look in your Insurance brochure and look for your MAXIMUM ANNUAL OUT OF POCKET and know that at the top end it will be most you pay.

Keep in mind that if you pay for this procedure yourself that it is tax deductible.

My surgery was for 16,500.00. This cover one year of fills too.

The nice lady you were talking to is Darlene. She was Dr. Malley's first Lap Band patient and I was his #500 patient.

I just read another post of yours and I just wanted to tell you I went to the WLC first. I was very disappointed with Dr. Nigro. I paid 150.00 for a consult and he didn't show up. There was a Nurse that weighed me and told me everything. Then I scheduled for the pre-op stuff and he didn't show up again. I should have gotten my money back but I didn't. Then because I am in the medical field I asked around about Dr. Nigro...he is a JERK according to two people that I found that knew him. Thank God I didn't have him do my surgery.

hay every one how is it going,first off dr malley is still on lamar i was just there monday, i dont understand all of the confusion he has the same addres,phone number 5820 lamar second floor, 913-492-2530. well i have had my second fill.i have rilly noticed i have to eat mutch slower and chew alot more or it can be a little painfull, my band was sep 28th i have lost 45 pounds most of was in the first,now it has slowed down, malley says its a platou. again i wont be defeated,take care have a happy holidays