Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ATTN scale watchers in Bandster Hell!!

I know I am being rediculous worrying about a lousy 1.4 lb gain, but GEESH...I haven't lost an ounce since starting reg food (soups, ground beef cooked to oblivion, soft eggs...all suggestions of my doc) and I only eat around 800-1000 cals per day!!

I have read posts that tell me to watch my measurements so I finaly got off my tush and measured myself. MAYBE that will tell me something in a few days...or weeks:(

Anyway, my QUESTIONS are, for those that are on soft or regular food, how many cals do you eat a day? or carbs if that is what you count? are you losing? gaining? and most important...

what do you notice makes the difference in causing you to gain and/or lose? For instance, my Water intake went way down these last few days...could that have caused the lack of loss and slight increase?? Does increased activity seem to kick start it for you??

I am determined to get through this Hell period. I had a few cc's at surgery and do get full fairly easy, but only mild restricton if any:(

:thumbup: Thanks!

HI Kat,

I too am in bandster hell. The nutritionist actually told me I should be eating no more that 2 oz at a meal; I said so you're telling me that a 6 oz. yogurt is 3 meals???

Needless to say, I am not following her guidlines. I am tracking everything I eat on Lapband.com. So far for this month ( I was banded on 6/26/09) I've been averaging 721 cal, 25g fat, 47g carb and 76g Protein a day. I have not been weighing myself. I weighed at the Dr. office on 7/6 and then again on 7/20 and lost 6 lbs - that makes 21 lbs since 6/18.

I go for my fill on 8/6 and I can't wait!!! It's really difficult at this point.

Keep trying - hopefully the time will pass quickly.

Kerry:thumbup:

Hi, I am on soft foods too. I was banded on 6/30/09. Going for my first fill next week. I haven't lost anything since starting pureed foods. In fact I am up 1lb. Not sure what the deal is? I wasn't told to count calories/carbs etc. My nutrionist told me to use a 9" plate and half the plate should be vegies and 1/4 should be Protein (2-3 oz) and 1/4 carbs and thats pretty much what I do. I hope that I will start losing again after my fill.

Hi,

I graduated from mushies to regular food about a week and a half ago, although I still limit myself to only a few regular foods. I'm scared to venture out. Don't want to get anything stuck. I think what has been helping me is really weighing all of my food before I eat it. I'm only allowed 2 oz. at each meal. If I'm starving I allow myself 3 oz. but no more. This combined with walking has been working well for me. GOOD LUCK! I know it's hard, but we can do this.

:thumbup:

I notice when I drink plenty of Water, my loss is a bit better. It is funny how all Dr's are so different. I was eating about 1/2 cup per meal and was told that I actually wasn't eating enough! I am allowed up to 1 cup per meal. Preferably lean Protein of course. I go for my first fill on Monday where I will get 4cc's. Hang in there, it will get better. Take it one day at a time! :thumbup: Cheryl

I would say I am eating between 700-900 def not over 900. I just got my 1st fill and feel no different from before I got it. I only got 2 1/2ccs in a 10cc band.

OMG, I am so glad that I am not alone. I was banded on July 9th and I am on soft foods too. Since going off of liquids, i have gained 2 lbs!!!!!!!!!!! This is terrible! I have some restriction when I eat certain foods, but I am trying to cut back on the amount that I eat. I take a small dessert plate and eat off of that, but I still feel like its too much.

Is it too much??? I don't know. The beginning of this process is alot harder than I thought it would be. I really thought that I would have lost more weight by now and that I would have restriction, but boy, this is a long journey. Guess I just need to be patient.......

My doctor said it can be normal too to put on some weight when you switch diet stages because you go from taking practically no calories in on the liquid stage, to incorporating "real" food. Also, how often are you measuring yourself? People can fluctuate 2-3 pounds on a day to day basis. I always try to remember to weigh myself first thing in the morning around the same time, wearing around the same thing, on the same day every week. I firmly believe in weighing myself only one time a week, twice if I feel I'm doing extremely good or poor. And measuring yourself was a good route to go as you can see drastic changes there while barely noticing anything on the scale.< /p>

Good luck to you!

I would quit watching the scale. The gym I go to measures me monthly and one month I only lost 2 lbs but I lost 4 inches from my hips. Sometimes I think it just takes your body time to catch up

I was banded on June 2nd. Apparently I was too tight,because i couldn't eat much of anything. It took me 45 min to eat and I was dropping the weight at a rate of 1lb a day until I went to see the Dr. and he emptied the bad.. Now I can eat something and even drink Water which was getting stuck from time to time. I am losing about 1lb every 2 days now, but the key is Protein. I still drink the shakes and intake about 120+ grams a day and the weight is shedding nicely. I started walking on the treadmill at the gym twice a day and I notice that the weight went to about 1lb every 3 days , however, I found that the measurements were coming down. So just stick in there ladies and gents.. No matter what its coming off this time.. We have the tools and we will build it better and stonger.... Goood Luck

I also gained back a couple of the pounds I lost once I got on mushies. Those are now gone and I am on soft foods for the moment. Banded on 7-9-09 I feel really good about the poundage that has been lost considering I have not seen the scale tip for about 20 yrs! This excites me so much. My food intake is just about 1000 calories a day and I mix things up and I use a lot of different spices.

It is a very hard process considering I had an addiction to food and this I am trying to over come. Not so easy but this site is a great help. I also went last night to a support group. Very interesting indeed and helpful for sure.

Just a bit of advice to all of you out there, STOP getting on that scale every day...I have never been a big fan of them in the first place and it is right in the bathroom in front of the door, sorta speak and I do NOT get on it ever day. I physically feel like I am getting thinner and that like I said is a good feeling.

We are winning and we will continue to win this fight, just be strong, diligent, and most of all patient!

Big hugs to all of us we deserve it!

I do weigh myself at the same time every morning before I do anything else. I don't fret though if I gain a pound. I always lose it back the next day usually plus some. I think it is ok to weigh yourself as long as you don't get hung up on the fact that you will go up and down a little bit. I like to keep track so I don't get off track to drastically particularly in the beginning. I have hypothyroidism and my weight can change in an instant. I have lost more inches than pounds and it feels good to have my clothes getting so loose. I went to a seminar night before last to give testimonial to those who are considering the band and afterward I told my surgeon I had not begun solids because I was afraid to gain weight but she told me I must start solids so I did. I have actually lost weight since then.

I don't really have any restriction and I was banded 5 weeks ago. First fill is next Friday and can't wait. I've been eating "normally". Probably about 1000-1200 cals a day. Like I said, no restriction so I very hungry if I eat too little. Breakfast is 2 eggs on low carb toast, no butter etc. lunch is a lean cuisine, a baby bell cheese "light" and piece of fruit in the afternoon and then dinner is usually a veggie burger and veggies. I've been losing very slowly, but haven't gained. I'm totally fine with this...taking this time to practice chewing food thoroughly and getting into an exercise routine is what I'm trying to focus on. As someone else said, I weigh myself everyday first thing so I know where I stand. I wouldn't get too caught up in the pounds lost at this point, this is such a major lifestyle change and your body is probably going through a shock of sorts. For me, I'm just happy I'm making positive changes.

Thanks to everyone for posting their thoughts and experiences on this issue. I was banded 7/15 and had a great first week. Lost a ridiculous amount, 16.4 lbs. Now I'm starting mushies and am nervous that my body will want to hoard the calories. I'm sticking with the plan and got the okay to do some exercise. Its sooo hard not to, but I'm going to try to limit the scale to once a week. Of course the weight loss is going to slow down dramatically, just don't want to start going int he other direction.

First fill will be 8/28

Thanks again

I gained 2 pounds during the "transitional" stage between mushies and "real" food. I think everything tasted SO good, and I was SO hungry...

Anyway, I got back on track and started eating around 1000 - 1200 cals a day, and have taken off the two pounds, plus another .4.

I try to eat a LOT of Protein to stay full longer.