Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hoping I didnt hurt my band

Hi bunnies,

I have been struggling for a couple of weeks. My brother passed away two weeks ago tomorrow. I immediately dropped all the rules and ate whatever I wanted. I felt fine until last night. My stomach was full and then I made the mistake of drinking Water less than 30 min. after. I felt miserable until I fell asleep. I had just determined I would go back on liquids today and tomorrow, mushies Wednesday and Thursday, and back to solids Friday. I have an appt. for a fill next Friday. I was really needing that fill. Well I got on the scale yesterday and I was 218, not a lb. lost or gained, needless to say I was shocked. This morning I was 216! I ate really badly yesterday, although it wasn’t much it was all bad. This morning I drank a bottle of water on my way to work, nothing out of the ordinary. I noticed how full I was, like when I have a fresh fill. Then I drank a half muscle milk at Breakfast time. It took me a half hour when I could normally (when needing a fill) can finish a whole on in that time. Now, Im sitting here w/my tuna (lunch) and Ive had 3 bites and Im full.

Ive heard of stress making your band tighter (I certainly fit that bill - stressed). Im wondering though, if my band has slipped or Ive irritated my stomach with all the bad food. What do you think?

Dear Smilan,

I don't have any advice for your band issue, I'm afraid. But I did read your post and wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. You are in my thoughts.

Valerie

First off sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family....If you can drink Water then the band has not slipped....sounds like your band is tight from stress. Take it easy for a while and I am sure your band will feel less tight. You might want to hold off on the fill until your band feels like it use to.

First off sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family....If you can drink Water then the band has not slipped....sounds like your band is tight from stress. Take it easy for a while and I am sure your band will feel less tight. You might want to hold off on the fill until your band feels like it use to.

That's what Im hoping the deal is. Thanks for the response.

feeling a bit of heartburn now after eating the tuna. That's unusual for me. I am due for my cycle Sunday. Ive heard people say they get tight at that time also. I just dont want to have messed things up for myself.

I know someone who was slipped for weeks before they went to the doctors and they were able to drink Water with a slipped band. Maybe that is usually the case that you cant drink water, but not always. So if you think something is wrong with your bad your best bet is to get checked by your doctor. I just wouldnt use the if you can drink rule of thumb if you are truely concerned that you are slipped.

Dear Smilan,

I don't have any advice for your band issue, I'm afraid. But I did read your post and wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. You are in my thoughts.

Valerie

Thanks so much, this is my second sibling loss. I know Im stressed b/c this is the hardest thing ever. Thanks for the prayers, I know God will bring me through this also.

I know someone who was slipped for weeks before they went to the doctors and they were able to drink Water with a slipped band. Maybe that is usually the case that you cant drink Water, but not always. So if you think something is wrong with your bad your best bet is to get checked by your doctor. I just wouldnt use the if you can drink rule of thumb if you are truely concerned that you are slipped.

Im going to keep my fill appt. as it's done under flouro. I think she would be able to see it like that if it's slipped.