Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Computer is My BIG Excuse.

My computer is plotting against me! It is EVIL! :confused: The damn thing has already cost me one angioplasty (heart surgery) and I'm pretty sure I will need Bariatric surgery or some other weight loss surgery of some kind soon too. It's like I'm a rock star addicted to cocaine. :) Maybe I could sue Microsoft or Dell and charge that they are in a conspiracy with the health care industry. Maybe Google too. That damn thing keeps me glued to my chair, reading, blogging, but mostly getting fat and out of shape. I should be working out instead sitting here being assaulted by this cold-blooded killer. It's a vicious battle, the pounds keep piling on. I need to break free of the spell of this serial killer.:cursing:

Laura B.

Women and business

Hi Laura B.

I can relate. Not for me personally but I have watched my mother in-law put on the pounds over the last 3-5 yrs. For as long as I've known her she has always been glued to the tube (t.v. but just as bad as the pc) She stays up late, sleeps till 2 or 3 in the afternoon and eats out for every meal, and the rest of her day is glued to her chair.

Don't get me wrong.....it is her life and she can do what she wants but she now has high blood pressure and colesteral, is well over 200 lbs. and is now diabetic.

Also my sister has had a HUGE infatuation with her pc....to the point that she lost her hubby over it. When something becomes a problem to the point that it affects your health and/or your family, then it is time for intervention!!!

If I where you....I would set up a scheual. Limit your time on the pc. I know it is hard but turn the pc OFF and do other things. Go for a walk...shopping... swimming.... see a friend... do house work or take an outdoor sport. I love to take pictures....I go all over town looking for photo opp. Just limit your pc time to an hour or two in the evening for example. Use it as your way of winding down for the night and a reward for beining actived during the day.

You can't let the pc control you! You and ONLY YOU have the power to change the way things are going, and since you already know what your problem is then half the battle is won. You admit the problem....now fix it.

Please forgive if I have offended you but I hate to see someones life ruled by a peice of equipment.... and sometimes inorder to change things, someone has to just tell you CHANGE!

Wishing you luck in our power over the pc!