Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ANYONE WANT TO DISCUSS, HELP, SUPPORT, CHAT ABOUT SURGERY 1ST WEEK OF JULY I GOT :cursing:BANDED FOR LIFE ON JULT 1ST

I just got banded June 30th!!

Well I got banded on June 13, so third week in for me. i'm eating mush food now and just biding time until the solid food phase, I really find it hard distracting myself between meals and not snacking as this was always a big problem and find often that i feel tightness from eating a little too quickly so am working on slowing down.

How are you two doing?

I just got banded June 30th!!

I was banded on June 30th also. How are you feeling aimnut?

I'm doing good, a bit sore around the port wound but I understand this takes longer to heal.

How are you coping with the liquid diet? :( OMG on day 3 I was absolutely starving and put slice of bread in my Soup out of desperation. BAD GIRL! I know now, after I had eaten it ( and felt much better) I researched it and was shocked to the core to find out the possible consequences of what I'd done. I genuinely didn't know this, my doctor told me liquids only for 10 day to let the band heal but didn't go into much detail. Now I know why I am a bit worried I may have done some damage so believe me, I won't be pulling that stunt again!!

Hope you are feeling well and good luck on your journey.

Retta--I know what you mean about snacking. I have had to hold myself back from grabbing one of my children's goldfish crackers a few times!!

Fatduck, I am feeling better, still sore in places, just real fatigued!! I really think I underestimated my recovery time!

Hi Aimnut

I feel the same about the recovery time. I do have another week off work ( taking holiday time) when I hope I'll be feeling better. I feel great when I'm sitting down:laugh:, when I stand up I get dizzy and nearly white out!! I'm sure I'll be fine by next week.

You take care too. Good luck

Banded 1st July! Change for life! :tongue_smilie:

After much research i was under the impression i'd be fine after a few days. Ha ha ha.......was i fooled. It is now July 6th - the smallest thing exhausts me! Luckily took 10 days off work following surgery, so i'm hoping by next week all will be well?

I've found the mix of liquid diet and medication quite difficult.......strong painkillers on more or less empty stomach cause sickness and nausea. Luckily surgeon said i could have creamy Soups to get some Protein - which has helped! Cant wait to start on mushies!!!!! :thumbdown:

Edited by alisonxt
added text

I was banded on the 3rd and only 3 days out from surgery am not feeling that great! I had hoped that recovery would be a little easier. I am tired and still gassy. Constipation is beginning to worry me as well. I am sure it will get better as time passes I just need to be patient. It helps to know that it hasn't been all roses for everyone and there may be a few people who take a little more time to recover. I am so glad I didn't have to go right back to work, my brain is not functioning well enough to really be able to do my job.

slim, for the Constipation, try a teaspoon of milk of magnesia... i did half of a child's dose, and it was more than enough!

hope you feel better soon!

Banded July 2nd. I went to work today and my body is starting to function again....all of it. I was really wondering if I was ever going to get rid of that last meal I ate 5 days ago. I didn't eat very much, but it hadn't made an appearance until today.

I kind of feel like the senior citizen who's major topic of conversation is their BM...it was getting a little scary. Sorry if this is TMI.

I haven't been hungry really, but today those gurgling noises and things were beginning to feel like hunger. I get to start the thicker liquid diet tomorrow, soft yogurt then Wednesday it's on to added Protein and by Friday it's liquid but includes the creamy stuff.

I feel my recovery is going really well, but I've been up and doing stuff since I got banded. We had a 4th of July party and I actually fixed food and set up for that. Sunday was a sleep and relax day. I didn't take all the pain meds because I really didn't need them. I am sore, very sore at the port site but that too is getting better as long as I don't touch it or the cat doesn't walk on me.

I am hoping this tool is the one that finally works for me and with me. I am going to do everything I can to make it successful. I have a long way to go on changing my eating habits and that is going to be very hard.

Someone mentioned eating bread with their broth and said it did bad things....what are the complications of doing that? I would like the details, my doctor didn't give me anything like the consequences--just the edict to not do it.

I hope everyone recovers quickly and those of you that get the extra time off, really enjoy it. I wish I could.

ee

Thanks Juniper I am going to go get some milk of magnesia today!

I am feeling a little better physically today - day 4 of my new banded life. Mentally I don't think I realized how much food played a part in my hapiness and ultimately unhapiness because of the resulting 100+ pounds of extra weight. My husband and kids grilled out last night -chirizo brauts and had bought a store bought reeses cake. Normally I would have cooked supper and a nice dessert and would have helped them eat it! I felt a little depressed not being able to join in as they were telling each other how good it was. I want to lose weight, be a normal size, but I don't want to be excluded from the family. I guess food has always been a form of entertainment for my 5 children, husband and myself. So enough of the pity party for myself. Does anyone out there know what I am talking about?

Maybe all of this will change when I can start to eat food again, even so I would not have been able to eat what they were eating....

Hi Ocotillo,

I'll paste the advice below I was given regarding the bread in Soup stunt I pulled.

"You should try your hardest to stick to the liquid diet for as long as possible, as it gives your band the best chance of healing and 'bedding in' around your stomach. If you give your stomach something to start churning and digesting (like solid food!) there will be less chance for the scar tissue to start healing etc and your risk of slippage is apparently increased."

Gotta say this knowledge scared me sufficiently to stick to liquids. I'm not even that hungry anymore and 7 days post op I've lost 15 pounds. :)

Hi everybody. I was banded on 06-19-09 and I feel your pain. It was difficult for me for the first 2 weeks. Once I started mushies it was so much better. Hang in there, it will get better. I have my first fill today! I am so excited. Can't wait. I will say one thing. It has helped me so much to read posts on this site. I have made a list of things I want to ask the surgeon when I go. I probably would not have thought to ask some of the questions, had I not spent some time on this site. Good Luck to all.

Hi All,

I was banded Friday 7/3/09 (5 days ago) and I'm doing great. The recovery wasn't bad for me and the clear liquid diet hasn't been bad either. I think the biggest part of success is the mind-set that you can do it! I saw Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez in TJ Mexico. They were AWESOME! So was the entire staff for that matter. I met some really great ladies that had their surgeries the same day and there was a real comradarie there. Best of luck to all and hi to Eva, Dawn, Ruth & Patty!

Tish :)

weight.png

Hi Tish,

I had the same experience! Glad to hear you are doing well. Did Dr. Ortiz tell you it was up to you? That the band is there but until we start getting fills, we will have to persevere?

Take care and let's keep in touch.

ee