Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what were u eating 3-4 weeks post op?

i am not far off heading for my 3 week post of stage, very very over this liquid stage and very ready for the mushy stage. Would like to know what foods everyone was eating at this point, im ready to go food shopping! lol

Hello! I was on liquids for 3 weeks, then I progressed to yogurt, cream of wheat and lots of soups! I then started adding salads and chicken. I am 10 months out post-op and pretty much still eat alot of Soups. I try to make them homemade and then blend them into a thicker consistency. I also do alot of chili and Beans. If I go out I usually just order an appetizer or I share with my hubby. My favorite snack is kettle popcorn. My best advice is to always eat slow and chew chew chew! If I get overly hungry and dont go slow, that is when I run into trouble. I also wait 30-45 min. to drink after a meal, it can be pretty scary and painful if not!

Best of luck to you in your new lapband journey!:)

I am in my third week and eating mushies. I love really mushed up tuna, Dannon light and fit yogurt. My fave is the white chocolate/raspberry. It is yummy. I love sugar free italian ice and sugar free fudge pops. I also love chicken salad all mushed up. That is what I am eating so far. Hope you are doing well.

mm i cant wait till i can get something in my mouth lol. Is it basically anything i can blend up i can eat?

Well no. You don't want to do that. You still want to keep with good Proteins like tuna, chicken, eggs, etc. I wouldn't take a hamburger and blend it up just so you can eat it. LOL. Be sure it is good for you proteins and something you like.

tuna, shepards pie (vitamised the meat part), mashed vegies, spaghetti bolognese (again, vitamised the meat part and broke up the spaghetti into very little pieces), rice custard, macaroni and cheese... And the list goes on.

My slow cooker got a work out during the mushie phase - it makes the meat really tender so easy to vitamise and still tasty!

Hi

I'm an aussie and was banded on 2 June so only just ahead of you.

I ate_

oats, yogurt, nestle diet mousse,

mashed potatoes,pumpkin, cauliflower,zucchini etc

tuna

mince (beef and chicken)

lots of Pasta - I made lasagne, tuna lasagne etc

I found most things were easy so long as they were nice and moist - lots of gravy or sauce.

HTH

Usually your told to stay away from things like Pasta and rice at this stage because they can enlarge in your stoma - Basically like white bread - it gets doughy. For me I was just on mushies 3 weeks out and I had whatever the family had but just stuck it in a blender and added more Water or stock to thin it out to baby food consistency. I lived on basically mashed potato, pumpkin and gravy mixed together for like 4 days and was content cuz it was actually flavour lol. Things like chicken are lets just say interesting once blended, like a chalky flavour basically as well. I also bought some Soups like campbells (the chunky ones with beef and vegies) and just blended that as well. What I was told is that it should be baby food consistency or could be able to get up a McDonalds straw. Hope everythings going okay so far!

Usually your told to stay away from things like Pasta and rice at this stage because they can enlarge in your stoma -

Actually soft Pasta was on my dieticians recommended food list for the mushie stage and I had no problems with it whatsoever. I definetly think its worth trying.

In the troubleshooting guide it suggested cutting long pasta into short lengths or using shells/spirals instead.

I think the problem with bread and rice is not so much that they enlarge but they can clump together and form a big ball, White rice tends to do this more than long grain varieties.

I also think that these problems tend to occur more as you get more restriction but I could be wrong.

I was told things needed to be able to go through a straw for my initial 2 week liquids stage , not for mushies.

Just shows how much the recommendations differ fron Dr to Dr

Oh and the other thing I do is put veggies through the grater on the food processer and then add them to the mince before making spag bol, cottage pie or whatever. Its a great way of getting extra vegies in.

mmm my mouth is watering, the dietition only gave my a couple of things to start with like soft boiled eggs. nice to know that i do have a few more options

Actually soft Pasta was on my dieticians recommended food list for the mushie stage and I had no problems with it whatsoever. I definetly think its worth trying.

In the troubleshooting guide it suggested cutting long Pasta into short lengths or using shells/spirals instead.

I think the problem with bread and rice is not so much that they enlarge but they can clump together and form a big ball, White rice tends to do this more than long grain varieties.

I also think that these problems tend to occur more as you get more restriction but I could be wrong.

I was told things needed to be able to go through a straw for my initial 2 week liquids stage , not for mushies.

Just shows how much the recommendations differ fron Dr to Dr

Sorry Elcee, that's exactly what I meant as well just that I could think of the words to put it into a proper sentence (had a blonde moment, no offense to blondes either lol)

As for mushies, I think as long as the consistency isn't like gulping down something really thick like a thickshake it's okay. For the first like week of my mushie foods it was pretty blended down, added Water, stock, Soup to whatever I had to think it out, then when it was like the week mark afterwards I made them a little thicker consistency.

Also another thing to have charli - Soups. pumpkin Soup thinned out or not thinned out depending on what stage you're on is awesome!