Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feel like the weight just isn't dropping fast enough? I feel like I'm struggling already because I'm just not noticing the weight dropping (thanks to my dodgy home scales that haven't budged for weeks now). It makes me paranoid that my band may have stretched or slipped etc (although in my rational mind, I doubt it). Please tell me I'm not alone!!

Am I reading your stats right? It looks like you were just banded a month ago, and you've lost more than 30 lbs! I would think that any faster, and you'd be sickly. I wish I were down that much!:P Way to go!

Ok, I hate to play bad cop but are you serious!!!!!! 30 lbs in your first month and you're not satisfied!!

I'm afraid that if 30 lb loss in one month does not make you happy, then what would?

On average most lose about 2 lbs a week, you are way above average so enjoy the ride, and expect that the scale may not move every week!

I am in my third week and I found that I lost heaps in pre-op and 1 week post op and have now not moved for 10 days. I think that your body needs to even out for the big loss at the start and then hopefully it will trickle off at a more stable pace.

Ok, I hate to play bad cop but are you serious!!!!!! 30 lbs in your first month and you're not satisfied!!

Haha, of course I am satisfied with my loss so far (even with 5kgs of it being pre-op loss):P

I am just now at that point I think where I am constantly worrying about not continuing to lose weight as I have now been on a plateau with my weight for about 2 weeks. Unfortunately, because I have been overweight my entire life, I am one of those people who can lose 30kgs and still not see a change in appearance if the scales don't tell me its happening and that's exactly how it is at the moment. I'm concerned that I'm going to be eating to much as I don't have another fill/appointment with my doc until September 9 and I am already starting to get more and more hungry (although I still get full a lot faster than pre-op)and I am now able to tolerate a lot more foods than I have been able to up until this point.

I guess I just wanted to know that I'm not the only one who is concerned that the band is doing it's job properly and about gaining weight even with it in. It is normal to have weeks here and there that we won't lose weight isn't it? It's just hard to fathem not losing weight continuously and these stand still weeks have not helped my paranoia! lol

Thanks though for all the congrats guys!

Edited by TeganRheana

Just remember that you did not gain this weight overnight, it's going to take you some time, maybe you reach goal the first year but maybe it's 2. There will many non scale victories along the way. It's not easy to turn around years of bad habits. All you can do is wake up everyday with a positive attitude and focus on healthy choices and exercise.

Listen to your band and watch out when it comes to slider foods.

feel like the weight just isn't dropping fast enough? I feel like I'm struggling already because I'm just not noticing the weight dropping (thanks to my dodgy home scales that haven't budged for weeks now). It makes me paranoid that my band may have stretched or slipped etc (although in my rational mind, I doubt it). Please tell me I'm not alone!!

I've absolutely felt this way plenty of times. I gained 8 lbs before my 2nd fill which in the end turned out to be some Water retention but I freaked out! Even now I lose my weight in spurts. I can go for 1-2 and a half weeks and not drop a pound then get on the scale and I've lost 3 lbs. Then I bounce back and forth about 1-2 lbs and plateau again, then I lose another couple pounds. Those times in between losing I'm terrified that I'm doing something wrong and I get a little bit obsessive about it. The thing that helps me the most is remembering that I didn't gain the weight overnight, it's not going to come off overnight. If I make a mistake somewhere I don't beat myself up over it I just take it as a lesson learned and move on. If it makes you feel better it absolutely gets better once you learn the different patterns and cues your body gives now that you're banded.

I am about to have my first fill on 07-07-09 and I initially lost 17lbs which I am sure was part Water retention and now I am slowly gaining a pound or two because I am eating mushies and not all liquids. It has a lot to do with your eating habits, exercise habits, stress, etc. You can't expect to consistantly lose weight. You will always fluctuate and plateau. Even when you reach your goal. This is a lifetime committment which means there are times that will be difficult just like anything in life. I agree with everyone else. Your beginning was stellar. Give yourself a break and don't weigh in so often. Once a week or even every two weeks is enough. You are doing great!

I was banded 5 days after you and i have lost 23lbs and have been at a stand still for a week so no worries. I even posted that my husband hid my scale so i wouldn't get on it every day so i could see the changes every week. As long as i follow the rules i know the weight will come off no matter how slow.

Thanks girls :redface: It is good to know I"m not the only one who worries over it. Your all absolutely right, I think I need to just relax and enjoy not eating as much as I used to (and I do enjoy that funnily enough!!)...Feeling a lot better about it today, went and bought some new clothes, feeling good :biggrin: