Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Operation in EUROPE !!!!

Hello all,

This is my second thread, and I wanted to thank all the people who supported me and gave me their knowledge and experience about the band, and here I decided to do the operation:) :) :)

<O:p</O:p

I live in <ST1:pSwitzerland and will be for a while, and I’m looking into doing the operation here in Swiss. Just wondering if anyone knows about how the operation is done in <ST1:pEurope</ST1:p, or if it done differently from the States.

I read on the forum someone speaking about a Swedish band and how it’s different. So I just was wondering if you have any ideas about doing the operation in Europe, and whether if doctors back in the States<ST1:p</ST1:p would accept to do my fills and so on.

Thanks a lot

CancunGirl: Thank you very much for the web-site you gave me, its a great help.:)

Hopefully within the next month or so, I'll have my band :)

Hi Magic

welcome to LBT

you will have to let us know when your surgery date is

take care....fee

I had my Band in Italy with Dr. Franco Favretti (apparently he was one of the Team which designed the proceedure for installing the Band without large incisions...can't remember what it's called). Anyway, he is apparently well known in the Lap Band Community. I live in San Francisco...had my first fill recently and in making phone calls to the various Doctors in the area some didn't want to take a patient whose surgery they didn't do, but once I mentioned Dr. Favretti's name, NO ONE refused to see me. I am getting ready to move OUT of the States, myself, and the reason I chose Favretti was in part because he was known in the Community...I figured the better known the better for those of us who are trotting around the globe.

Hi Magic -- you might want to check in with Pink Mary (I think that's her name); she had her band installed in Europe for a very reasonable price.

Yeap i had my band installed in my country (Greece), i'm Greek and i live in Athens..

who ever needs any information i 'll be glad to help :-)

Well, for the price difference between the US and Greece, we could all come there and spend two weeks recuperating! :]

Wow - $3500 Euro is only about $4200 US. I figure I could throw another couple thousand on top of that for the airfare and hotel... So, Mary - Who IS your doc?

:]

nahh after Olympics i don't think theres any other place more expensive than Athens

lol :) now we pay the party :) :)

as about the sceptre of the most FAT country in Europe i think Greece takes the gold medal lol :( the statistics says so

my doctors name is Christos Sahpazidis ( ya ya i know its sounds very Greek :)

he and his team have a site http://www.paxysarkia.gr/en/default.asp

pahisarkia in greek means obesity.

theres also one more dr team in University Hospital of Patras

(Patra is another big city) that they do successful Band and RNY procedures

but i didn't want to go to other city for a surgery.

i met also 2 more band surgeons, i was sutissfied with all but i choosed

Dr Sahpazidis because a friend of mine went to him also and plus my husband

liked him as a surgeon ( my husband is urologist surgeon ).

Thanks, Mary. I will have to find out whether there is anybody here who will do aftercare behind your doc. If there is, I will be needing a translator!!

Just think, Greece could keep those tourist dollars coming in by advertising the cheap weight loss surgery to the world. "Lose a little fat, Get a little history in Greece"

:]