Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Husband hid my scale

My husband hid my scale this morning. I have always be a person who is Obsessed with the scale. I would get one it everyday. Even though i have been doing really well with weight loss i think the scale Obsession has gotten worse. My husband told me that i am only aloud to have it once a week ( so i can see the change and not panick at every little change). I must have been getting on his nerves with the OMG how could i have gained .1lb. Anyone up for a treasure Hunt :thumbup:. He is good at hiding things i probably won't find it.

Edited by reneek

:thumbup: Do you work? Buy one and keep it at work. He'll never know...... tee hee hee. Just kidding. I weight every day too. It seems to keep me on track. If I'm up a pound or two, I know I need to watch it for a day or two or up my exercise. I don't know. It helps me. My doc is big on only weighing once a week. He's REAL big on being anti obsessive. He doesn't even allow me to weigh my food or count calories. As long as I don't eat over 1 1/2 cup, and don't snack, he's good with it. He said food was an obsession, he didn't want me trading one obsession for another. I liked that, but the scale was one I had trouble with.

I can chime in on this one. I put my scale up 2 wks ago because I too was way to addicted and I let my scale results alter my mood for that day. Also I am 5 pounds from getting out of the 3's and I wanted to see a solid 2?? Next weigh in. Seriously at first I went through major withdraws but currently I feel liberated and just use common sense on what I should and should not eat.

Now with that said I do plan on weighing in a couple weeks and after seeing that I am in the 2's(hopefully), I hope that I put it back up because I feel so much better with that monkey off my back.

So maybe him hiding it is not such a bad thing, try it, all else fails go out and buy one and find a good hiding spot.

If it gets on his nerves, best to keep your weight to yourself.

Do what I do and don't tell the hubby anthing! It takes the pressure off. We don't need any pressure from anyone.

BTW, check the truck of his car. I bet it's there.:thumbdown:

Edited by maryrose

Still haven't found it. I am having withdraw. hmmm i wounder if it is in his tackel box (ya right it wouldn't fit or would it). I am going to look.

My husband hid my scale this morning. I have always be a person who is Obsessed with the scale. I would get one it everyday. Even though i have been doing really well with weight loss i think the scale Obsession has gotten worse. My husband told me that i am only aloud to have it once a week ( so i can see the change and not panick at every little change). I must have been getting on his nerves with the OMG how could i have gained .1lb. Anyone up for a treasure Hunt :rolleyes2:. He is good at hiding things i probably won't find it.

hahahah. Good for him! But not too long ago I stumbled across some info that suggests that weighing yourself on a daily basis is better for you! I had to search my blog to find the dang thing, but here it is...It's number 3!

I am reading this months Women's Health, which I have recently discovered to be pretty interesting. I stumbled across this article "How to Resist Temptation", and some of the tips are familiar reminders, but some of them are a little novel.

Move No.1: Eat smaller, more frequent meals. We have all heard this, but here is what the study from Florida State University found-- Going too long without eating makes your blood sugar plummet and that leaves you with a raging appetite...thus making you more likely to binge later in the day. It also goes on to show how a blood sugar is directly tied to willpower.

Move No.2: Eat With Your Other Hand. Pretty self-explanatory. I thought this would make a good bandster tip. If you find yourself eating too fast, try this. It's probably also good for your brain!

Move No.3. (This is especially good news for those of us who think we weigh ourselves too much) Weigh Yourself Regularly. A study of over 1800 people who successfully shed pound found that 40% weighed themselves daily or weekly. AND...here it comes...Those that stepped on the scale more frequently, lost the most. 12 pounds on average more for daily weighers compared to 6 pounds for weekly weighers. People who shunned the scale gained an average of 5 pounds. Hmmm...

Move No.3. (This is especially good news for those of us who think we weigh ourselves too much) Weigh Yourself Regularly. A study of over 1800 people who successfully shed pound found that 40% weighed themselves daily or weekly. AND...here it comes...Those that stepped on the scale more frequently, lost the most. 12 pounds on average more for daily weighers compared to 6 pounds for weekly weighers. People who shunned the scale gained an average of 5 pounds. Hmmm...

Hey this is good Ammo. I will tell him that in the name of science he has to give me back my scale hehehehehe:tt2:

I found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess were it was? The little booger hid it in the deep freezer. I told you he was good at hiding things. I never use the deep freezer it has all his deer meat in it but my brother stopped over and asked for some deer meat and i opened the lid and right there it was. Tee hehehe he will never know i found it.

Funny! Except be forewarned that it probably won't weigh accurately unless it comes back to room temperature first--you'll have to hide it from him now! LOL!

I rarely weigh myself, I go by belt loops. :)

Nothing wrong with a scale as long as you don't get stressed by the natural up and downs your weight goes through.

Also, when I finally started working out I gained a couple of pounds after a few weeks but went down 2" in my waist. Muscle weighs 120% as much as fat. I'd rather look lighter than be lighter.

ok, so I brought the scale out from hiding in my closet for 3 weeks and I did it!!!!!! I got out of the 3's, my new weight is 293 so I lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is major for me.............. The is new territory for me and my game is stronger now more then ever!!!!

RENEK, did the scale still function properly after being in the deep freeze?

I'm with JuJu, for at least 20 years I weighed myself EVERY day. And it would control my mood for that day. 1/2 pound down and I was flying high 1/2 up and I was miserable. Even after being banded, I obsessed over everything.

A very good friend of mine, who I met through LBT, asked me to make a pact with her that we would weigh only on Fridays. If it hadn't been for my commitment to her and my word, I wouldn't have survived the first few weeks. Literaly, for the first time in my life, I'm weighing once a week and it IS liberating.

I too am happy to be rid of the monkey on my back. Some weeks I'm tempted to step on the scales, but a promise is a promise and I didn't want to have to tell her I slipped up, so I stick with my Friday weigh-ins and I'm a happier, gentler ME!

So, you still sneaking onto the scales? Would you consider trying the weekly thing?

JuJu - Congrats on making it to Twoterville!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

Edited by SuzanneG

RENEK, did the scale still function properly after being in the deep freeze?

Yes it did and since it was a couple of days since i was on it i did see the difference in my weight so i do get my husbands point. I have decided to only weigh once a week it gives me something to look forward too ( like a child at christmas). I did tell him i found it couldn't keep the secert.

reneek, good for you! That's exactly the way I look at it, I look forward to my weigh in on Friday and days when I feel fat, I'm glad I'm not getting on them.

Let us know how it works out for you.