Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do fills take 2 weeks to ""kick"" in?

With my experience with fills, I have found that a fill takes around 2 weeks to start to feel restriction! I find that for 2 weeks the scale does not budge then slowly weight drops , pound by pound! I think the trick is to go back on the pre op diet after a fill and it will give your stomach time to adjust to its new size. Good Luck!:thumbup:

I just had my first fill (a week and a half ago) and told the doc that I'm not feeling any noticeable difference. he told me to give it some time, stating that it sometimes takes 2 weeks for the brain to react to what the fill is trying to accomplish--

we'll see!

So far, the only weight I've lost off this 1st fill is from being on the liquids/mushies for a day and a half.

Lisa

Some do, I've read. So far for me, if I'm gonna feel it, I feel it immediately. :eek:

I had my 2nd fill about 4 weeks ago and was very disappointed for the 2 weeks following that I still didn't have any restriction, but then all of a sudden I can not eat hardly anything and my weight is coming off! So it must happen this way for some of us? Anyhow, I'm glad I have finally got restriction (though it feels more like being stuck), whatever, as long as I am losing!!

I have had 2 fills - up to 5cc - I'm not feeling anything! I can eat and drink together! I am really bummed wondering what the heck did I do this for? I have to wait till August 6th for another fill. The only weight I lost is the 2 weeks after surgery. THis is really frustrating. Has anyone had the same thing? I wish my doctor would do a fill sooner.:tongue_smilie::frown::thumbdown:

Im feeling the same thing!! I got banded on May18th and got my first fill ( 3cc) on 6/30. Im basically just on a diet LOL.. i think the only thing that is helping me lose a pound here and there is the fact that i dont eat bread, Pasta or rice..or anything carbonated. Other than that..im hungry in between meals... i have to force myself to eat slow!! uggghh i could've done this w/o this surgery if thats the case.

I called for another fill appt on 7/14. This better make a difference!

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble... but I don't feel restriction at all either yet and I've had 2 fills. I keep reading I've got to be patient. I don't want to "depend" on the band and expect it to do it all. But I would like a LITTLE help! :-)

Miosa5073- I agree with you completely! I think my current weight loss is due to cutting out rice, Pasta, bread per my doctor.

Christy712- You also make a valid point-- I realize the band won't do it all for me, and I have to work at this too, but right now I'm not feeling the band's full benefits. I hope my next fill with do it, but it's hard to say- I realize it could be another couple fills before I get there. I"m hoping I at least feel SOME difference with my next fill though! Fingers crossed :tongue_smilie:

Lisa