Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Success=working with the band!

"Success=working with the band!"

This is what everyone says! Making sure you follow the rules and the diet, eat healthy, make the right choices....etc.

My question is..has anyone ever followed the diet, the rules, made the best choices..etc... AND STILL have not seen results?

I plan on making this band work for me and working with the band! Busting my butt in the gym & continue to make healthy choices, cut out stachy carbs..etc. I want to have the BEST success possible! I guess I am afraid that I will be dont everything right and not seeing results. :thumbup:

Yes, you'll probably find that one person who says they did everything right and didn't see results. So is that gonna make you back out and say nevermind? Because I promise if you keep doing things the way you're doing them NOW, you WON'T see results. I've heard a saying that went... something like... to get results never before seen, you have to try methods never before employed. Or something like that. You get the point. There's never an absolute guarantee. You won't find it. Sometimes you just have to suck it up, make yourself strong, and go for it.

Makes sense :thumbup:

No I am not backing out! I am gonna make it work!!

I have two friends who are banded, one for 3 yrs one for 5 months.. one has followed the diet to a t and the other not so much. the one who followed seemed to lose weight more easily/quickly and hasnt had any problems so far.. my other friend had vomiting and her band slipped and she got it replaced. BUT with all the trouble she had (most prob cuz she didnt follow rules) she has still lost a tremendous amount of weight and she says she would do it again even w the probs. Personally, i think it will be easier for me to just stick to the rules since i have seen her struggle, but on the other hand i know if i slip up it wont be the end of the world.

when is ur appt? im 3 days postop..

iam doing everything by the book and yet i gain then loose then gain, im starting to have regrets

when is ur appt? im 3 days postop..

July 8! i cant wait!!

Agnes,

How long will you be staying in Mexico after surgery?

Agnes,

How long will you be staying in Mexico after surgery?

My surgery is on a Wednesday and I will be leaving on Friday.

My surgery is on a Wednesday and I will be leaving on Friday.

Wow, that's a quick turnaround. Long way to go for a short stay. Too bad you can't stay longer. Thera are some fabulous, reasonably priced spas in Rosarita, just a 15 minute drive down the coast.

Have a safe trip, and good luck with the surgery.

Joan