Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does PB stand for?

PB = Productive Burp - Kind of like when you get sort of stuck and the food comes back up. :(

Sliming = Exactly what it says - It is when you have food in your pouch that is waiting to go down and for some reason your body tries to help it out by producing that massive amount of slime that usually will come back up. Kind of like flushing a plugged toilet. :)

Nasty, I know, put part of the joys of being banded and not quite as terrible as it all sounds. Ok, it is terrible but should not be a daily occurrence. :frown:

Are there ways of not sliming or pbing?

YES! As you get restriction it becomes imperative that you take small bites and chew them well. If you do this, and STOP eating before you get to that "uh oh" stage (for me I get an "ok, one more bite and it's coming back up" feeling)

you won't PB. Sliming goes along with PB'ing.

PB happens when you are overfull or have eaten too quickly or too large a bite.

SOME people PB when they try new foods. That doesn't happen to everyone though. So the caveat is it MAY happen to you a little when you try new things; but if that's true you can wait a few months and re-try them.

Personally I've only had it happen when I "forgot" and ate too large a bite or didn't chew well (you learn REALLY fast from that! LOL) or if I forget and drink something while I'm eating (OUCH!)

some lucky cautious souls never PB, some only do it a little and quickly learn, some prefer to be so tight that it is almost a (dangerous) way of life. You'll have more control over it than you realize.

confused.gifSo when the Dr warns of throwing up too much is he talking about PBing? What is too much. Is it only throwing up if stomach acid is involved? I PB almost every day. I had my band installed March 20th 2009 it is now June 24th 2009 and I have lost 84 pounds. I have so many questions. What is normal. How do I know if I have slippage or have streached my pouch....How much food am I suposed to able to eat? am I loosing weight fast enough? Can I loose it faster? What about extra skin?

Oh by the way I need to update my signature. Also how do I attach my ticker from the ticker making website?

LAL I think you really should make an appt w/your surgeon and ask these questions. I know 84 pounds is great but it's almost too much...especially if you PB every day. You MAY be hurting your band, you may be fine, you may just need to learn to chew better, you may be overfilled...so much that a doc should really address with you.

Since I was told that we should expect 1-2 pounds a week I think you're going at top speed. As long as you aren't really losing muscle instead of fat (getting enough Protein? taking a good multi?) then I am not in a position to really say it's too fast! But if you have to vomit or PB to do it, then something's wrong, from my perspective.

Call your doc and discuss this with him/her!

And here's a link to a tutor for the ticker:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/