Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay so first I know that I ate the wrong food for my band. I had a weak moment and ate some Mexican food. I had chips and queso with 1/2 of an enchilada.

I got up and went to the bathroom with in 2 minutes of finishing. I had a very small sip of Water before I left too.

I actually vomited - not just saliiva, real throw up. I know this is sick and I am sorry. But now I am worried that my band might slip or something.

My last fill was 2 weeks ago and I get tight chest feelings after every meal. All my other meals are very healthy and extremely small. I have a 10 cc band and I am at 6.5 ccs with 5 fills.

I would love some advice. Am I too filled????? :blushing: :confused: :biggrin:

I am losing about 2 lbs a week too.

Edited by luceparis

You know, you may have just had a bad reaction to the mexican food. I can't eat chili, or I will throw up. Weird but that is the only thing that does it. Also, you may have had some swelling from your fill, and just need to give it a bit longer to go down. You could possibly be overfilled, but I really don't think that one episode of vomiting would make you slip. Just to be safe, call your Dr and ask a few questions. Maybe they can help a bit.

If your able to eat small meals and keep liquids down then your probably not over filled but your stomache is recuperating from your incident with the mexican food, Go back to mushies and liquids for a little bit and give your stomache a little rest. I have been overfilled a couple of times now and experienced extreme vomiting and voiced my concerns about slippage with the doctor, He said that even though you do have to be very careful and follow directions, slippages are very rare. One incident probably won't do much damage. Just remember to eat very very slow and chew, chew, chew.

Thanks, Gus-Gus and Lotzasunshine!!!!!

I was really worried last night but after hearing from you both I feel a bit better. I guess my eyes are still bigger than my stomach and am learning how to eat with the band.

It is weird because the first 3 months after surgery I could eat anything and now that I am at 6.3 ccs I am finding it harder to eat.

Thanks again!!!!:smile2: