Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Good morning everyone~

I ate more than I should have yesterday but at least I didnt go to a fast food joint like I was thinking about doing! I just ate too much and that with not going to the gym makes me feel guilty so no scales for me for a couple of days! lol

Going to get the dss and dsd this morning. So glad the whole fam will be here. Gonna be a nice few days :(

Hope you all have a great day. Respect the pouch!

You're a better woman than me, Michelle. I leave the house just as it is -- if the pantry and fridge are empty, then so be it. DH knows where the grocery store is! It's good for him to feel my absence every so often! OK, yeah, I'm really just lazy and selfish and disorganized.

Kat - I missed it when I was reviewing posts...sorry...who was Marvin? She sounds like a sweet soul.

With Hannah confronting her dad and choosing to live with us, things between them are tense and it's sad. It'll be okay eventually but her dad is doing things he doesn't realize are hurtful to her. He packed up all her stuff in boxes and delivered them to the house while we were out yesterday and he also told her he'd be changing the locks. Now, to her this seems like a huge rejection when in actuality I understand that he's being practical...but he could have allowed a bit more time to pass before doing those things and changing the locks is pretty drastic, but I understand he might not want her to access the house when they're not home or without their prior knowledge. It'll all work out but it was a sad day for her yesterday, and he didn't want to see her (on father's day). I understand he's just too raw right now and I tried my best to help her understand all of it. She's ok with it all, but it it's still difficult. She ended up having a fun day with her best girlfriend and they giggled until 2:00a.

Today I call the attorney and get the child support ball rolling. The ex-H is gonna have a hard time choking down that one. Might even have to sell that boat of his! (ahem)

Gotta run -- work calls.

Boy, Terry that is rough!!! I can't imagine how that would make me feel, and I am in my 40's!!!!! Lots of last minutes running today, then I need to come home and pack, because Tuesday night when I would pack, I am getting a manicure. I get one every other Tuesday, and thought I was lucky that it fell when it did. Now I wish I could cancel and pack.

Don't feel guilty TracyK, I think that is the hardest thing we have to learn.

Have a good day everyone!!!

Good morning!

Slept great, even though I was still stuffed!!

Terry, several years ago, when my DD was nursing at a Dr.'s office, my neice was doing the billing for the same office, and they had this patient they all -- the entire staff--fell in love with. She was mentally and physically handicapped, and sweet and loving as the day is long. Her parents are not in the picture she was being "raised" by her grandparents. Her name is Marilyn, but she hates it! She wants to be a boy---and be Marvin. It is not a sexual orientation issue, she has never matured to the point of that swaying her, she likes boys toys better! She loves transformers and Power Rangers! She died Friday at the age of 43, but never really aged past a maximum of 8-10. She was VERY involved with Special Olympics. Eventually my niece became her caretaker, she took her all over the country to compete with SO, and she coached many of her teams. She would spend the night with my DD, and spend hours playing hide and seek with Kinsey. She was small in height, but kinda husky, never making 5 foot though. And she would launch herself on you like she was 2 and hug and love you. She loved me, she called me Aunt Kathy, but she loved me most because I was Manda's Mom!!! She loved my DD and my niece--who she referred to as Mom-----dearly. They WERE her family. So if you figure she really was over 40----her grandparents raising her were well into their 90's! So the only livlihood type of life she had was with our family. She was at all functions, she was included in all pictures, she was on the Christmas, and birthday lists, she was family. She was sweet, and innocent, and we will all miss her forever.

Due to her physical differences her lungs were compromised, and she suffered from serious asthma. So when she got pnuemonia it was always difficult to come back from, and this time, her poor little body was too tired to fight anymore.

Services for her will be Wed. it will be difficult.

Thanks for all the love I feel from you Violets!!!

I also have wonderful news. My cousins twins arrived this morning, healthy!!! The little boy, Blake, was 6 pounds and 3 ounces. The little girl, Macy, was 5 pounds and 13 ounces! Mom was still in surgery, they are tying her tubes and fixing a rupture (hernia), so Dad took time to call the Grandma who called us! He said she is awake and responding, they are doing it all with just the epidural type anesthetic, so she is ok, and the babies are fine! Which is wonderful---with her age, the odds were higher for problems, not to mention her having MS!

So......life goes on. Tears of sadness, tears of happiness, and they comingle......

Rick and I are off to get a load of wood today to begin restocking our winter store!!! We are taking a picnic lunch and making a day of it. So I better get moving. I am supposed to be getting dressed while he went after the pick up!!! LOL here I sit in my robe still!!!

So excited for all of you going to Alabama!! Jealous, as well---but excited for you---you will have such a good time! They are holding my SIL's anniversary party Sat. since they cancelled before. She is not doing well at all. She has serious health issues from not eating for so long, her body is rejecting itself in auto immune ways----all her lymph glands are HUGE! Her Dr. does not seem worried, I am afraid it is going to kill her! But change Dr.'s??? No way. My MIL is beside herself. I shrugged it off for awhile, but I am telling you she looks ready to drop dead. Scary stuff!!! Makes me really be HEALTH concious of how I am trying to get this weight off.

I MADE MY -5!!!!!!

In a healthy manner, I did not starve----ever!

Gotta go, I hear the truck!!!!!

I can bring mine, Dove Shine Therapy... actually I keep old stuff too, I think I got some herbal essance somewhere.

Oh lost 6lbs since going on liquids.. in the 240's now.. woohoo moving again.

On hold with insurance, they cover the formula Carson is on, but it's been a MONTH now that I call them every week asking why it's not being processed and they come up with some BS thing I need to submit. I submit whatever they need every time (after callin doc, waiting for them to call me back), and then they come up with something new. I hate insurance, they are such jackasses. They owe me $500 right now, and it keeps adding up. Wonder how long they're going to drag this out; I know they cover the formula with a Rx.. which we have, with a diagnosis code.. which we have, with a tax ID code.. WHICH WE HAVE..arghghghghgh.

Edited by FairyFacade

hi gals

i started liquids again, i'm stress eating and have gained 5lbs.

glad you are all doing well

Terry - sorry x is being a jerk, but glad dd is happy, and you too

i'm seriously depressed and stressed out, so not much to say

just wanted to check in

Hey Girls!

Busy morning...just got home. Sus is in Phoenix now...or will be any min.

Terry...thinking of you. How exciting that you and dd have the summer together. I am glad you have her to help you this summer.

Off to chillax!

Back from errands. Ran around all afternoon and probably made 10 stops and it is 99 degrees and really humid!! Between Laura and I nobody needs to worry about Shampoo or gel, or spray for that matter. Does anyone want or need a curling Iron?

I am going to relax just a bit, and then get serious about launcry and packing.

Hey Girls!

Busy morning...just got home. Sus is in Phoenix now...or will be any min.

Terry...thinking of you. How exciting that you and dd have the summer together. I am glad you have her to help you this summer.

Off to chillax!

You could vacuum..... :blushing:

Back from errands. Ran around all afternoon and probably made 10 stops and it is 99 degrees and really humid!! Between Laura and I nobody needs to worry about Shampoo or gel, or spray for that matter. Does anyone want or need a curling Iron?

I am going to relax just a bit, and then get serious about launcry and packing.

I wanted to get my hair trimmed & highlighted for our trip, but there just isn't going to be time... maybe we could have "Janie's Fabulous Women Only Beauty Salon" over the weekend @ the house! Then you could write off the trip as a biz expense + make some $$!

You could vacuum..... :blushing:

Susanne is in Phoenix...there will none of that going on around these parts!

I am exhausted!!! We hauled the truck and trailer, and my Dads truck full of wood, and unloaded our big truck and the 18 foot trailer when we got home, and the temp is in the high 90's! But it is only open M-F and this is the only weekday Rick and I are off together, so it was now or who knows when. PLUS the wood is cheaper in the summer months, although it has gone up in a MAJOR way. We used to get a truck load for $5.00 and now it is $30.00! But still cheaper than having it delivered, and come winter we will be glad we did it.

The ONLY other positive thing I can think of about it, is it was amazing exercise----I hurt everywhere! My tan is coming along nicely from it tho!

Rick's brother from Denver is in town---he stops through on his route, he travels for work. So they went to see his sister here, she had the huge blood clot caused by the PIC line, it run from her elbow to her collar bone. Today her neck swelled and she has another one in the neck, even though she is getting the lovenox shots, and taking coumadin orally. Scary stuff! So the boys went to see her. Then we were all supposed to go to dinner. Well it is going on 8---and now the sister thinks we all need to eat in her little nasty town, and there is noplace to eat there! And it keeps getting later and later. They know I do not eat late, so I am taking it personally! I am seriously wanting to send Rick and stay home, but he would not go either, and he really enjoys time with his brother. So gonna suck this one up and deal with it.

My kitchen is still a mess-----guess I should use this time constructively and clean some, so will talk at y'all later!!!