Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Good morning, Violets..

The sun is finally shining and it's supposed to be nice today. It was dreary and rainy all day yesterday so I got no pool time at all. Hope to change that today. We were supposed to go to Kris's for the day, but Bob changed his golf lesson to today because of the rain yesterday and he has a dentist appointment this morning so I'll stay home and get some things done around here before we leave Friday for a meeting. We'll be back on Saturday night and then leave Sunday morning for Mackinaw for two days for our anniversary. Then back and leaving again on Wednesday for a flute gig and then flying out Thursday morning. Yikes.. it's coming up fast!!!

Lunasa...the only thing I can suggest for you is to find a support group near you. The issues we all deal with are head hunger related. I know when I reach for the sweets, I'm not hungry, it's just that fat person inside me that says I really could use that cake or candy or ice cream. That's my downfall. I've upped the exercise and that helps, but it's a constant struggle to listen to my band and not my evil, fat voice.

Laura.. I think I got the height number wrong for Grady. I'm going to call Kris today and verify. I know he's really tall, but he is a dough boy for sure. He's wearing 6-9 month clothes and he's three months old. He was here yesterday and is so alert. I love watching him watch everything. He loves the Baby Einstein videos and anything that lights up and makes a noise. He's smiling a lot more and "talking" more often too. What fun!!

I'm off to find Breakfast and get dressed for the day. I need to think about packing for the anniversary trip and the Alabama trip. Woo hooo!!

Everyone have a great day. BBL

Ok.. just called Kris. Grady was 17# and 25" at his last check up which was a month ago.

Edited by Teachlady

Good morning again :wink:

I woke early this morning (2AM) with belly cramps and poopin' like you would not believe (tmi i know). I think it is the meds that the dr has me on for my blisters that is jacking up my stomach.

Jenn-you ok?

Judy-i agree with you about that inner fat voice...i call her my inner fat girl. I think addiction to food is as bad as any other addiction. One day at a time, ya know?

Michelle-long ago you told us about your friend whos husband up & left her. Is that who you are seeing today? How is your friend?

Pamela-have fun @ lunch with your friend today :sneaky:

Kat-have a fantastic time at the Grand Canyon.

Ooops...gotta run....

Tracy, alot of times if you eat yogurt it helps with effects from antibiotics!

I wanted to lose 20 or 30 pounds before we meet in Alabama. I didn't!! Think I can lose them in a week? I am being a pretty good bandster, and exercising pretty well, but still at same weight. I have good restriction also. Oh well, I am up in weight, but still the same Jane.

Off to do laundry and stuff before work!!

Wow Tracy, good memory! No, this wasn't her, this is another friend. We met about a year and a half ago when her dd & my ds were each other's "first crushes". So sweet. They didn't last (didn't think they would @ 13) but she & I did! She's the one who was diagnosed with breast cancer last spring, but she's cancer-free now (& also boobless, but...). We meet once a month to catch up on life just the two of us, w/out the rush of kids & activities, when we usually bump into each other around town.

That other friend (who's hubby left her) I meet every other week for coffee. She's doing GREAT! Best thing that ever happened to her, him leaving her. What a load he was/is!! She's got the most fabulous single life (you should hear her stories of guys in Miami!), but now she's "exclusive" with a guy here & is happy. I tease that I live vicariously through her & her escapades!

& for the record... those are the only 2 friends I have "regular" coffee with... it's not like that's all I do! Really!

Today she wanted to hear all about the PS trip... & of course I had my pictures... Pam & Haydee, she wanted to know if we all planned our black & white outfits on party night! lol! & she loved my "F the PTA" pic at the party!! Too funny!!!

Morning Lovelies~

Terry is back today I think!

Kat...have funfunfun! I went w/ Susanne and I loved it! He father's ashes are scattered there...so say hi to Mike!

Tracy...hope your feeling better. I am a BIG fan of Imodium.

Susie...take care in the sun w/ the lawn job! WOW...I never thought about yard maintanence at the church?

JudyJudyJudy...Enjoy the sun...you've waited a long time I know!

Laura...one week from today your child is going to be swept away from you and will be enjoying the sweet arms of his violet aunts! Mama needs a drink!

Michelle...have fun at Panera. I think that is the best place...but sad I can not eat all the bread.< /span>

We are off to San Diego today! Skipped the gym, and lounged on the living room couch w/ the door open and drank coffee and just talked. It was great! We never go into the living room (the red room) and the morning was nice. It is gonna be 100 plus from here on out...but the last 3 weeks of June gloom and the beautiful weather has been nice!

OOOO the movie was WONDERFUL... one of my fav's this year. Away We Go...loved loved loved it!

xoxoxoxoxo

Does everyone know or does anyone care that Panera started out in St. Louis? If you come here you will see St. Louis Bread!! They are good. I am saving a gift card for there til I am good and broke, then it is like a treat!!

Judy; so he must REALLY be a butter ball LOL. I love the dimples and cankles on the wrists lol. Carson has it all, I love squishing his skin....

I don't know the rate they're suppose to grow, but I am guessing Carson will be taller than 25" in a month, if he's 24" now?

Laura.. Grady is definitely ROUND! I can't believe his crankles on his legs AND his wrists. And remember his daddy is 6'11" tall, so we're expecting a tall boy. He eats all the time and is getting rice Cereal in his bottle twice a day. He looks different every time I see him. I'm so glad we live close.

Just waiting now for the tire on the bike to get finished, trailer is loaded, we are ready to roll!!

My grandson is like your boys. He was a roly poly----had dimples where his knuckles were supposed (?--who says?) to be. His thigh rolls had rolls!!! Our son is 6 foot, and his wife is 5'5" or so, and Connor is not real tall now, but he is SOLID-he is built like a brick! He is a slow talker, he is 3 now, and talks, and talks pretty plainly---but he still just hits the highlight words, and expects you to fill in the sentence!

Kinsey on the other hand was mini for years. Still her little skorts we bought the other day---little denim and cotton mini skirts with shorts under them, are a size 24 months---and an 18 month would have fit! And she is 4 and a half years old. She is just very petite in build, she is tall though. She is 39" tall and barely made 30 pounds. Where as Connor is only about 33" inches tall and 40 pounds!!!

We bought a spinning teeter totter thing for them to play on in the backyard a few months ago---in early spring, thinking, they were always going to be fairly close in size so they could play, and they love it, but Connor can manipulate it, he can keep her airborn at any time he wants----which is frequently!! I fully expected to hear lots of whining when he first started doing it, then I realized it was Kinsey....she says to hell with it, and jumps! Thankfully it is not far, as we know fully well-------she BREAKS!!

Her hands where he has dimples have itsy bitsy sharp little knuckles.

He has big brown eyes, she has big blue eyes, and there is not a common drop of blood between them in reality--but everywhere we go, people ask if they are twins, and then say how much they look alike! Cracks me up!

Just like the people Manda works with say she is just like her Dad, they would have known they were related.....and they only are because we are married!

We are kinda concerned about our trip, this is one of the free weekends to National Parks! Yikes it could be crowded! But I reserved a camp spot and the guy told me it was cancelled earlier in the day and is an excellent spot, one of the first reserved usually. So at least we have that taken care of. We are staying in Tusayan---and decided to just kick back and do the arches another trip----too much riding time not enough relaxing time. We are going to do a 4 mile evening hike. Last night it sounded fun, today it sounds like work!!!

Everyone take care----not taking the lap top, not thinking there will be any currant (current!!) bushes out there in the desert!!

Will come home in a better frame of mind.....power of positive thinking......

hugs

My neck is seriously hurting this morning. I got a crick (sp?) in it while french braiding my hair. My shoulders were sore from CPR class! But I am thinking maybe the muscles in my shoulders and neck were worked out too, and then arms in the air braiding-and my arms are fat and heavy----now my neck is jacked! LOL

Oh that reminded me Judy, at my last doc visit..... well preface, my mom has been talking about rice cereal in the bottle helps them sleep better, but when you google this.. oh man, the flogging. DO NOT GIVE BABY CEREAL IN A BOTTLE THEY WILL DIE!!! And only give it after 6 months by spoon. I already told ya'll about all this. My doc's aren't very conventional though, so I figured they may tell me to do it eventually.

Well, this last visit I told him how Carson spits up A LOT.. and then when I said he only sleeps 2 hours at a time at night, the doc gave me this look and says "Oh no, I'm sorry". LOL. I don't wanna know about all the people whose babies sleep through the night by now! I know my friend who has a 1 year old now, he was sleeping through the night at 4 weeks. Makes me sad!

Anyway, he said to put rice cereal in his bottle at night (only) to help with the reflux (thats what he thinks it is, and I did too), and he said it should help him sleep better. Well 2 nights on it; first off, nipples for cereal are ridiculous. He told me to make the hole bigger, vague instructions, I couldn't get this right; ended up ruining several nipples. Bought cereal nipples with the Y opening-- what a joke. I can't even push air out with the bag, it's so stubborn. He couldn't get anything to come out either (I only had 2tsp in 4oz of formula). So I tried a fast flow nipple, which works, but he just gulps it down now. Anyway for the 2 nights using rice cereal, he is not sleeping any longer (doh) but he does not spit up AT ALL with the rice cereal bottles. Still a gusher when it comes to no-cereal though.

About chocolate cool whip...... I HATE cool whip, I think it's absolutely disgusting. But my g'ma makes angel food cake, and brings chocolate cool whip to put on top..I think the choco cool whip is very good, so I give it 2 thumbs up. To save on calories or fat or whatever else though, my g'ma has been buying the Cool Whip Lite & adding cocoa powder (which has no nutritional info, 0 sugar, etc). It tastes just like the choco cool whip.

Any of you watch the new Showtime show Nurse Jackie? I'm liking it so far.

One more post, Judy you may really like this with all the pics you have of Grady!! www.snapfish.com has a collage feature, so I tested it and they turned out awesome, I wish I had more pics to collage lol.

Anyway you upload your pics, then you can order picture items, prints, posters, etc.

So for collage poster, you pick how many pics you want on it (I picked these 5) and the orientation and it places them.. then you can 'shuffle' and it smartly reorganizes the size of the pictures and re-aligns them. Then you pick the background color. Very cool, I bought 2 posters (16x20) and frames, and voila, looks like those cut-out mat frames but a lot less work..

post-216201-13813138484325_thumb.jpg

Cute, Laura! & I can think of some "collaging" that we'll need to do, oh, I don't know... maybe NEXT weekend?... w/all the pics?? Great way to showcase our photo fun!!

Laura-listening to you post about rice cereal and poking holes in the nipples to make them bigger brought back so many memories...holes too small, holes too big, ruining nipples...good times! :thumbup: